no_sauce_man

New Rolex releases

Intresting
1 hour ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

There was a video on YouTube about the new Sub last month with leaked info and tells all about the changes.  the lugs are thinner than previous and Rolex were kind of making a larger version of the 5 digit Sub rather than a new version of the 6 digit maxi.

The ones I'd have are the new Sky-Dwellers.  The Everose gold with chocolate dial on Oysterflex and full Everose gold with rhodium dial are just stunning! :drool:

Skydweller-2020.jpg

mmmmmmmm. wow..  I need to save for 10 years for this

thejudge

Its gonna be interesting to see what the factories do now a Noob 2020 V1? 

Does this mean the latest version of the 40mm Sub are likely to be the last, like the Noob V11 and a ZZFV3?

My guess is we will start seeing  the 41mm Kermit sub pretty quickly but they will just be 40mm cases with a green bezel and new style black dial and we wont see any real 41mm cases until 2021.     

Thommo82
3 hours ago, Howitzer said:

Agreed, I much prefer the new lugs to the old. I always felt like the bracelet was somehow too narrow for those fat ol' lugs. The slight increase in case size combined with the new lug shape makes for a much better looking watch IMO. 

Aside from that, I am extremely underwhelmed by the whole selection. The new Shark and Kermit models are just lazy, and as for the OPs it looks like someone was working from home on the dial colours and one of their toddlers got at their design software . The double indices at 3, 6 and 9 are also awful, just look cheap to me. 

Agreed on all points.

Its all about symmetry and flow in watch design, and this is done better in the new sub. 

• Like 1

GenTLe
51 minutes ago, thejudge said:

My guess is we will start seeing  the 41mm Kermit sub pretty quickly but they will just be 40mm cases with a green bezel and new style black dial and we wont see any real 41mm cases until 2021.     

I suppose even further down the line. If they need to get a real one in order to do all the 3D scan of it, it may take a lot of time. It's not that these watches are easily obtainable...

thejudge

They will be able to get Gen's from the Grey Market in Hong Kong by the end of the month for scanning etc...

GenTLe
23 minutes ago, thejudge said:

They will be able to get Gen's from the Grey Market in Hong Kong by the end of the month for scanning etc...

Hopefully! Last lineup remained in production unchanged for 10 years, if they manage to get the case right, they'll have 10 years ahead to use it on a multitude of variants.

• Like 1

GenTLe
Good spot! I do think it's a combo of both but if you look at the lugs compared to the 5 and 7 bezel markers it does look to be wider, just by eye anyway... Looks like more than 1mm though?! Either way that whole area has much better proportions. 
Actually I got it right: https://www.fratellowatches.com/rolex-submariner-watches-gets-a-new-case-and-movement-upgrade/

21mm bracelet now. Something else to make factories to fuckup

NFleischer

You think  you'll be able to walk into AD and order the new Kermit or Shark. Last time I called the local AD in NYC, Tourneau,  they had NO professional range watches except 1 TT Bluesy.

They are a big store!

watch.aholic

I love this OP the most and I think Rolex put the double batons as an anti counterfeit measure since they know how difficult it is for our factories to align the markers 

Screenshot-20200901-183557.jpg

The green OP is just as enticing

Screenshot-20200901-183736.jpg
free loading gif images download

GenTLe
4 minutes ago, watch.aholic said:

I love this OP the most and I think Rolex put the double batons as an anti counterfeit measure since they know how difficult it is for our factories to align the markers 

I don't think they are double pieces, I think it's one single piece made to look like 2 batons :)

• Like 1

watch.aholic
7 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

I don't think they are double pieces, I think it's one single piece made to look like 2 batons :)

Holy mother... You are right... That just confirms its indeed an anti counterfeit measure as it will be even more difficult to get that right ..lol

k4jun

I kinda like the new colours on OP, they make Rolex less boring, but those double batons... :Sick:

Everyone goes crazy about how good, thin and nice the new Sub case is, but frankly I can hardly see any difference vs maxicase :D

GC

What a let down... increase overall size? (but slim the lugs), slim the lugs! (but increase the lug width?) What a hodgepodge of ideas, I’m not impressed. 

“Out of the blue”? 

Yeah, like the combo of ideas that they decided to go with 

cgLSs.jpg

GingerApple

I think I like pretty much all of the new stuff, just not that much; it doesn't make me moist, so to speak. The Green OP looks better than I first thought when you see it in wristies, I like the yellow OP too and even the Champagne Charlie OP is pretty cool. The Subs I think are all pretty good (just not terribly exciting) - much like the old sub I guess. I'm giving Rolex a C+ or maybe even a borderline B-.

J!m

I did some quick "ruler on my screen" engineering and I think all they did was make a new bracelet; widen the lugs 1mm to accept it, and tweak the bezel ring and insert. And they may not have done that even...

So, the factories should have no trouble cranking these out based on the latest version of the fat case sub; at least, a very convincing item should be had right out of the gate.

GenTLe
58 minutes ago, J!m said:

I did some quick "ruler on my screen" engineering and I think all they did was make a new bracelet; widen the lugs 1mm to accept it, and tweak the bezel ring and insert. And they may not have done that even...

So, the factories should have no trouble cranking these out based on the latest version of the fat case sub; at least, a very convincing item should be had right out of the gate.

No they really tapered the lugs. I'd say 1mm per side. And they also enlarged the bracelet from 20 to 21mm, we need to check also if they enlarged the clasp too...

J!m

I checked the image of the fat lugger next to the new one. I was able to easily measure a difference in width on the bracelets; however, when I measured the span from lug tip to lug tip on both watches, I did not see anything significant. 

I them compared the two bezel ODs and those appear to be identical as well. I had thought a larger diameter bezel ring would achieve the look desired, and would explain the appearance of the crown being further into the case. But the crown appearance might just be the slight angle difference in relation to the camera lens. Bezel IDs might be different, but due to crystal edge distortion on the image it is hard to be certain they measure the same (or not).

Someone with photoshop handy needs to separate the two in that side by side image and overlay them on top of one another so we can see what matches, and what doesn't. But it goes to show, that a minor change can have a large visual impact...

GingerApple

KJ made this:

gZuCn.gif

• Like 1

dingle
16 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Actually are we sure that the change is in the lug shape and not in the bracelet width? I played a bit with Ms Paint and to me it seems that yes, the lugs have been thinned, but also the bracelet seems to have moved to 21mm lug size...

The lugs are thinner. 

I will have one soon methinks. 

PorscheRacer

The reactions on the forums to these new releases have been hugely underwhelming, and mostly because you can’t buy them, so what’s the point?

I bought my Sub and my GMT a few years ago when they were around £5500 used, but now I think the used prices are a total joke. It’s actually put me off owning mine to be honest.

The way Rolex AD’s treat people is appalling.

So yeah, you can’t buy them, so why get excited I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolesor22

Keep in mind that this is not really +1mm but more like +0,44mm.

GC

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem
On 01/09/2020 at 09:31, NFleischer said:

You think  you'll be able to walk into AD and order the new Kermit or Shark. Last time I called the local AD in NYC, Tourneau,  they had NO professional range watches except 1 TT Bluesy.

They are a big store!

What about Wempe on Fifth? Although I'm pretty sure their motto is go gold or go home.

GenTLe
3 hours ago, PorscheRacer said:

now I think the used prices are a total joke.
So yeah, you can’t buy them, so why get excited I suppose.

I've read 18/20k$ for a used Hulk now... Crazy money...

I get excited thinking about the reps of them :D I wouldn't buy them even if they were readily available at tag price... For less money I can get a VASTLY superior SeaQ from Glashutte! New!

no_sauce_man
4 hours ago, GenTLe said:

I've read 18/20k$ for a used Hulk now... Crazy money...

I remember checking grey market dealers a few hours after the release and watching the prices rise before my very eyes...

At least a jump of 3k for a Hulk! :pointlaugh: