dimifoti

Purchase Decision on Oyster Perpetual 39mm 114300 Grey UBF or ANF factory

dimifoti

So here’s my time to stop being a lurker in this forum and make my first purchase. I want to buy a grey 39 mm Oyster Perpetual with an 2824/36 movement and I am between two factories, the UBF and the ANF.
I have rejected the BP/ GMF/ ARF factories because of the flaws that have been pointed out in each version and the clone movements those versions come with. Most TDs source this watch from the UBF factory and only Trusty sources from the ANF. I have read everything related to the UBF factory in the forum but i have found little to no info on the ANF factory and particularly on their OP39 version that i am interested in buying. The UBF seems like the way to go because there’s so much more info than the ANF, but I need the expertise and personal experience that can be found here so I can be enlightened in which factory i’m gonna go with. Please share with me your opinion and your personal experience with UBF or ANF and possible differences between the two versions. I have the links of the two factories bellow so you can check them out and give me your opinion. Thanks in advance.

UBF 114300 OP39 Grey 2836

ANF 114300 OP39 Grey 2836

GingerApple

Can't help, sorry, as I've never heard of either maker.

I'm amazed you're ruling out JF/ARF though; they're so Gen like 

dimifoti

i know the JF/ARF are kinda NWBIG/SuperRep territory but i don't want to have to deal with clone movements, i prefer the 2824/36 ease of serviceability and replacement of parts.

Edit: UBF has some great reviews on the watch quality and little to no noticeable flaws and all in a lower price than JF/ARF

Edited by dimifoti

GingerApple

Fair enough! I look forward to seeing some pics when it turns up then :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

GenTLe
16 hours ago, dimifoti said:

I am between two factories, the UBF and the ANF.

UBF 114300 OP39 Grey 2836

ANF 114300 OP39 Grey 2836

I think it's the same watch. Called with different names from different dealers. But the watch is the same.
Details like the way the movement ring is done, the type of antishock spring on the movement, they all point to one and the same watch.

• Like 1

GingerApple

By the way, it is the most boring rep in the world. Bar none. It looks amazing in pictures, but on the wrist it's just a boring grey watch. I probably wear my ARF twice a year.

Chavezzito
1 minute ago, TheGingerFerret said:

By the way, it is the most boring rep in the world. Bar none. It looks amazing in pictures, but on the wrist it's just a boring grey watch. I probably wear my ARF twice a year.

Blue would be better right?

GingerApple
1 minute ago, Chavezzito said:

A blue watch?

Radical!

(Actually, the grape is a lot better).

• Like 1

GenTLe

Grape. That's an interesting piece.

zRolex-OP-114300---116891w.jpg

By the way I can't get why they did those horrendous red and green OPs and not a much more lovable salmon dial...

• Like 2

dimifoti
On 02/09/2020 at 14:41, TheGingerFerret said:

actually that's exactly my watch taste, i prefer more subtle watches that complement my wrist rather than a full bells and whistles piece that attracts all the attention. Subtle dress/sport midground watch is exactly what i am going for. 

dimifoti
On 02/09/2020 at 14:45, GenTLe said:

Grape. That's an interesting piece.

zRolex-OP-114300---116891w.jpg

By the way I can't get why they did those horrendous red and green OPs and not a much more lovable salmon dial...

wow you got a looker right there! which factory?

GenTLe
1 hour ago, dimifoti said:

Not mine, pic from the web. But probably only one factory does it and it's very good. Check out TD sites.

EDIT: no, more factories do it. https://trustytime.asia/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Grape&x=0&y=0

I'd probably go for the BP with 2824, not so expensive and with a reliable movement.

dimifoti
46 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Not mine, pic from the web. But probably only one factory does it and it's very good. Check out TD sites.

EDIT: no, more factories do it. https://trustytime.asia/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Grape&x=0&y=0

I'd probably go for the BP with 2824, not so expensive and with a reliable movement.

BP got the wrong lume and many report problems with the rehaut engraving and alignment issues so it's a no go

GenTLe
6 minutes ago, dimifoti said:

BP got the wrong lume and many report problems with the rehaut engraving and alignment issues so it's a no go

So I suppose either GMF or ARF are the 2 choices... 

dimifoti
16 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

So I suppose either GMF or ARF are the 2 choices... 

They got the Rolex clone movements and not the A2824/36 that i am more comfortable with. i will probably go with the UBF.

GingerApple
2 hours ago, dimifoti said:

Eh!!?!

I thought your wanted subtle!!?!

By the way, I wasn't having a go at your taste, after all I own the grey OP too, it's just that it's nicer in photos than on the wrist, that's all.

My two say hi:

rQsL3.jpg

twI94.jpg

• Like 1

GenTLe
2 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Eh!!?!

I thought your wanted subtle!!?!

By the way, I wasn't having a go at your taste, after all I own the grey OP too, it's just that it's nicer in photos than on the wrist, that's all.

My two say hi:

rQsL3.jpg

Hey Ginger, which factory is your Grape from?

GingerApple
3 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Hey Ginger, which factory is your Grape from?

They're both JF.

GenTLe
20 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

They're both JF.

Ok, thanks. I doubt they're still around these. Probably I'll go for a UBF...

CJS57

Here is the Perpetual I got from Trusty for $288. 

ZWiS4P.jpg ZWiGyJ.jpg

malpasoman

Recently picked up this AFR with the clone swapped out for a 2824. Have to say I am loving it.

ZWigeR.jpg

Edit . Scrap that I have just noticed the rehaut :frusty: