kennycoder

IWC 3714 blue numerals dial GEN vs (YLF) REP + Hands comparison

kennycoder

So... another franken is done in a "Bucherer" configuration. Frikkin awesome!

First of all YLF dial is pretty damn good, especially compared to ZF one. Clear coating is almost as per gen and the chrono circles are deeper than ZF. Unfortunately the color of both zf and ylf is a tad off.. not as creamy as the gen. Also the holes where the numbers sit, under certain light, you can see some sort of a indentation into the dial.. minor but just wanted to note that. Text is also a tad bolder on the reps dials.

Hands on both ZF and YLF are good, just slightly off in terms of shape where it sits on the pinion.

And now the pics :D

VaO9Uo.jpg

VaOxB3.jpg

VaOGNb.jpg

VaOP4L.jpg

VaOwy2.jpg

VaOfPK.jpg

VaOlHd.jpg

VaONKe.jpg

VaOgkZ.jpg

• Like 1

kennycoder

Ah, chrono seconds hand fist the rep movement. Just needs to be pressed in a bit harder .

All this "fun and games" cost me around 900 EUR tho. And can't find the right tachy for this model except for in the US for 350 USD :|

• Like 1

Ferax

Thanks for sharing. Great work, pretty expensive tho. I think that the portuguese is one of the best looking chronographs out there. 

Simply, simply, lovely! 

Moondustesp

Absolute stunner! :D Well done

tribefan

Beautiful work. Love these. Tachy ring is sweet, but that is a lot of dough for a gen. Rep looks great.

MAJ75

Beautifully executed project @kennycoder the result is breathtaking & worth every penny.....

I was seriously tempted by your recent sale of the other 3714 as that is my favourite reference.

Thanks for sharing with us all.

Edeeot

900 EUR WOW!!!, I guess it's like any other hobby, you get out what you put into it.  I don't have any IWC in my collection, but you're making want to start.  Great looking time piece.

cityello

I love chronographs and I think this is a very elegant chronograph, thanks for sharing and your desire for perfection .. 900 euros is a lot for me ..