fatarms

Rolex 24-703-0 crown fit rep tube?

fatarms

Hi guys,

So I have about a 5 or 6 year old Noob V2 Rolex 116710.  Put a lot into it over the years, gen bezel assembly, gen crystal.  The crown started slipping when winding.  Consensus from other threads I've started on the subject is that it's the crown and possibly the inner workings inside the crown causing the issue.  I'm not 100% sure of what the parts are in the crown or what it is that causes the slipping, but (for those of you who've been around for a while) even 10:10 Watch Repair said he's pretty sure it's the crown that would cause it.

So a few questions about this watch and possible solutions.  I've always read it's an "Asian 2836-2 GMT movement."   But I thought I remember seeing the movement being called something else?

Secondly, has anyone replaced the crown on these reps with a gen 24-703-0?  If so, did the tube also need to be replaced?  Or were you able to just use the crown with the pre-installed rep tube?  I'm guessing I'm going to need both the gen crown and tube.

Thirdly, interaktiv, Sub007, hook a brotha up :lol:

Rx4Time

I've swapped a genuine 704 crown onto a rep noob v5 sub and v7 GMT.   Both worked perfectly and passed pressure testing

And unfortunately I've had the same issue with the crown clutch spring collapsing. 

fatarms

14 minutes ago, Rx4Time said:

I've swapped a genuine 704 crown onto a rep noob v5 sub and v7 GMT.   Both worked perfectly and passed pressure testing

And unfortunately I've had the same issue with the crown clutch spring collapsing. 

From what I've seen, people were using the 703 on ceramic GMTs?  Should it be the 704?  I'm having trouble finding what the difference is online, even on Rolex Forums, let alone which one to use on a 116710.

Also did you use the rep tube that came with the case?

Rx4Time
9 hours ago, fatarms said:

From what I've seen, people were using the 703 on ceramic GMTs?  Should it be the 704?  I'm having trouble finding what the difference is online, even on Rolex Forums, let alone which one to use on a 116710.

Also did you use the rep tube that came with the case?

The 703 and 704 are interchangeable as far as tube size and fittment.  The 704 is correct for a 6 digit sub.  Visually they have some differences as seen below.  That is my franken GMT (704) and  my 16800 (703)

PXL_20200918_12010912516cf03563887935d.j
PXL_20200918_120115560dbe3253f5a519c70.j

GenTLe

My 2c: the movement you're speaking of is an Hangzhou 6460. Which is in all aspects a 2836 with few slight modifications (that you can straight move to a standard 2836) to have it the GMT complication.

fatarms
3 hours ago, GenTLe said:

My 2c: the movement you're speaking of is an Hangzhou 6460. Which is in all aspects a 2836 with few slight modifications (that you can straight move to a standard 2836) to have it the GMT complication.

That was it!  Now that you say the name, that's what I remember seeing as the real name of the "2836-GMT."  Thank you.

4 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

The 703 and 704 are interchangeable as far as tube size and fittment.  The 704 is correct for a 6 digit sub.  Visually they have some differences as seen below.  That is my franken GMT (704) and  my 16800 (703)

Awesome, thank you for that.  Looks like I'm off to find a 704 crown.

GenTLe
2 hours ago, fatarms said:

Awesome, thank you for that.  Looks like I'm off to find a 704 crown.

Check with Athaya, maybe they have them (write him, they're not on its site). Unless you want a genuine one of course.

fatarms
12 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Check with Athaya, maybe they have them (write him, they're not on its site). Unless you want a genuine one of course.

Not a bad idea, I have an Athaya crown and pearl on my 5513.  Thanks again.

GenTLe
3 minutes ago, fatarms said:

Not a bad idea, I have an Athaya crown and pearl on my 5513.  Thanks again.

Or this :)https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32903584748.html

fatarms
2 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Crown:  $12.60

Shipping to the US: $57.54 :blink:

Holy crap :lol: