Bill_C

RWI Down ATM or is it just me?

Bill_C

I try hitting their site and the URL resolves, but there is nothing on the page... nada... just a blank page. Anyone else having this issue?

rwatch0

Yes, me too

That's why I came here to see if there's something wrong

CurioLeo

down as well

Rx4Time

Same here.  Been trying to get on for probably an hour now

imranbecks

RWI down again. Nothing new....... 

rwatch0
25 minutes ago, imranbecks said:

RWI down again. Nothing new....... 

It's still early in the morning so I take the quiet approach but I find your comment quite arrogant. I know site admins are putting in a lot of time and effort to accommodate you and me with a fabulous site that brings us a lot of joy. It's not a paid job for anyone, so harsh comments are hardly in place. We're supposed to be all 'friends' or 'mates' here but you on the contrary sound like an unhappy customer who paid a lot of doe for a service not delivered.

Wishing you a splendid morning anyway

• Like 3

kryckan13

Down for me too! Hope we are not being hacked again. The best of luck to our outstanding RWI admins and the rest of the staff.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

saintchink

Same for me, logged in here after 4 years just to check haha

Popperini

It’s down again. Somebody forgot to put 50p in the internet meter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Popperini
1 hour ago, rwatch0 said:

It's still early in the morning so I take the quiet approach but I find your comment quite arrogant. I know site admins are putting in a lot of time and effort to accommodate you and me with a fabulous site that brings us a lot of joy. It's not a paid job for anyone, so harsh comments are hardly in place. We're supposed to be all 'friends' or 'mates' here but you on the contrary sound like an unhappy customer who paid a lot of doe for a service not delivered.

Wishing you a splendid morning anyway

Blimey mate, you’re reading a lot into the words, “Nothing new”. 

• Like 1

rwatch0
1 minute ago, Popperini said:

Yea sorry about that, I thought it just sounded a bit negative

I know we've been down before, but I also know it's a massive site with a lot of members, so a lot of maintenance on hardware, admin etc

And yes, it's not that we pay contribution or so, we support the site but that's all

Anyway, I stand by my words but maybe they came out a bit strong, as I mentioned it was still very early :-)

BadPickle
32 minutes ago, rwatch0 said:

I know we've been down before, but I also know it's a massive site with a lot of members, so a lot of maintenance on hardware, admin etc

And yes, it's not that we pay contribution or so, we support the site but that's all

Anyway, I stand by my words but maybe they came out a bit strong, as I mentioned it was still very early :-)

You might try reading the replies with a lighter approach in future. 

• Like 1

stanevo6

down for me too.  Hope they will be back on line soon.  Cheers all   :)  

Chiquita Fanjita
1 hour ago, Popperini said:

1 hour ago, rwatch0 said:

52 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

You might try reading the replies with a lighter approach in future. 

To be fair I thought his response was a bit wanky too, as if making out RWI is constantly down. 

The amount of time spent running and maintaining a board like here and especially RWI being a larger forum with a lot more info and data, takes up a lot of the admin and staffs own personal time, and like @rwatch0 says, they don't get paid for their time, they do it for everyones enjoyment of the forum. 

I know @trailboss99 ,  @Glaude (who also run and maintain here I might add) and the rest of the techie guys next door will be on the case and doing a great job working away to have RWI back up and running as soon as possible.

• Like 3

GingerApple

Well I think it's a disgrace. I pay my $28 annual fee, and for that sort of extravagant money, I expect an A1, gold plated, top of the range, would you like a blowjob with that, cherry on top service!

It's just not good enough.

I blame Glaude.

Glaude

RWI is back up, it was a unknown (as of yet) outage of one of the server, unfortunately happening when all people able to restart the server were sleeping (yes it happens). It's probably a simple thing that made the server crap the bed, but I need to check what it is.

Thanks for the people and staff friends supporting what we do, thanks for the nice and snarky comment too ;) 

RWI is a tough forum to run tech wise, the amount of people, data, security threats are gigantic, much more than people could think and indeed, RWI has been down a couple of times too much over the last couple of years, we have greatly reduced this since the last years, but issue still happen from time to time.

2 hours ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

To be fair I thought his response was a bit wanky too, as if making out RWI is constantly down. 

It was a bit wanky indeed, but not too harsh either, at least nothing to start a war against each other 

5 hours ago, rwatch0 said:

We're supposed to be all 'friends' or 'mates' here but you on the contrary sound like an unhappy customer who paid a lot of doe for a service not delivered.

Don't think it was said in the sense of an unhappy customer but rather as said before, a too recurring situation, lets just keep the first part of your message quoted here, and all is forgotten ;) 

23 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I blame Glaude.

Me too

• Like 4

WorldTimeZ

What!?!! You paid $28. I got ripped off. This is the second time I got ripped off. Last time was when I bought my genuine submariner from DHgate. Its a really nice Gen and works real good but the batteries on it were bad :Confused:

Happy site is back. I need to get new batteries now. 

Edited by WorldTimeZ

WorldTimeZ
1 hour ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Well I think it's a disgrace. I pay my $28 annual fee, and for that sort of extravagant money, I expect an A1, gold plated, top of the range, would you like a blowjob with that, cherry on top service!

It's just not good enough.

I blame Glaude

Sorry trying to figure this site out. New here. Previous post was supposed to have this quote :Confused:

Edited by WorldTimeZ

HomeRye

Getting some database errors just now - probably do me good to have a rest from the place!

Edited by HomeRye

Glaude

Still undergoing upgrade & fixing task as advertised in a post on RWI earlier yesterday :)

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

:loser: The CSS is the real problem over there ..... :blind:

Glaude
29 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

:loser: The CSS is the real problem over there ..... :blind:

CSS is just how Vbulletin do thing, it's aggregated, concatenated and minimized, gziped on the server, it's never the ideal solution when you have multiple style-sheet origin but it's mostly always like that on "ready made" software like Vbulletin. Vbulletin is also really badly coded in a lot of places.

But clearly, the CSS account to almost nothing in the load of the server and the load towards the clients either, the real nerve of the game on the forum is the database, almost everything is done there and it's not always done in the most accurate way, but we won't be rewriting the whole thing, we just adapt to it.

• Like 1

GingerApple
16 minutes ago, Glaude said:

it's aggregated, concatenated and minimized, gziped

This is the best thing you've ever said.

I never knew you spoke Polish.

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

This is why we love you @Glaude! You took an entirely tongue-in-cheek, pointless criticism meant to elicit perhaps a  :neener:or a  :finger:but instead replied earnestly with a wonderfully geeked-out and civilized technical explanation.

You had me at server load, don't ever change you fantastic bastard!  :Love:

• Like 2

Glaude
3 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

This is why we love you @Glaude! You took an entirely tongue-in-cheek, pointless criticism meant to elicit perhaps a  :neener:or a  :finger:but instead replied earnestly with a wonderfully geeked-out and civilized technical explanation.

You had me at server load, don't ever change you fantastic bastard!  :Love:

I'm so used to pointlessly educated the Ginger that it's almost an automatism when I see a post like that now ;) 

• Like 2