JakD

Breitling Superocean Abyss 44 from Silix - PIC HEAVY

JakD

So, for those of you interested, this is a continuation of this thread.

Long story short, I decided what the heck, why not order one and see if it would be worth the money. And as expected, the good news were indeed too good to be true.

Michelle spent a week getting the watch before I got the QC pics, and when they popped up in my mailbox it became quite quickly apparent that the watch I was getting was not made by the same factory as the one in the pictures on the silix website (which I’m assuming are pics from when the Noob was still available. It had some quite apparent differences I will mention in a bit, and because of this I initially expressed my disinterest in the watch as it was strictly speaking not what I had ordered.

However, since there was no direct QC issue with the watch, she told me she would not be able to return the watch to the factory, and subsequently offered me a 20USD discount to accept the watch. I ended up accepting the watch for the 20USD and she even had the refund sent through paypal which was a nice bonus, so fair play to her.

The watch was shipped via airmail on the Friday the 9th and arrived yesterday on Monday the 19th, made it’s way from China to Norway in 10 days (6 working) which is the quickest I’ve ever had from any dealer, and pretty amazing considering the pandemic situation. Maybe I got lucky, who knows.

On a side note, while waiting for the watch I did some more digging around and discovered Josh also has this very model in stock (at least according to his website), complete with videos of all color versions. Maybe he could have some better input on which factory this version is from, something else than the "ordinary factory":giggle:

Anyway, to the watch itself. Unfortunately, I’ve never had the pleasure of owning the Noob version of this watch (nor the gen for that matter) so a lot of the «close to gen» qualities I cannot comment on.

IMG-1773.jpg

IMG-1775.jpg

IMG-1779.jpg

However, the things that initially stood and still stand out to me are these:

-        - The differences in bezel font

-        - Shape and design of the bezel teeth, steel edge outside insert not thick enough

-        - The date font is wrong

-        - The bracelet is incorrect as the middle piece is too wide compared to the outer ones (or might just be a different version bracelet, I’m no Breitling expert and this is only my second ever Breitling rep.

-        - The sharp outer edges of the 6 and 9 on the dial look almost a little too sharp compared to what I’ve seen in other pictures

-        - The crown guards might be peaking a little far out towards the lower part, although I’m not putting my life on that.

There are probably several more that some of the more experienced members will be able to spot, but despite this I’m actually pretty satisfied with the watch, at least for the price I ended up getting. It’s nice and heavy and a good-looking piece despite some of the subtle (and some of the not so subtle) differences to its real life counterpart. I was eyeing the Noob version back in 2013 when I got into the rep game, and I regret now that I never pulled the trigger on it. However, as it is no longer in production and pretty much unobtainable these days I think I’ll settle for this, at least for a little while. Unless one of you yanks will sell me yours :rolleyes: (really though, I would be interested)

And so, for the rest of the pictures... (noticed after taking them that the bezel is one click to the right, oh well...)

IMG-8281.jpg

IMG-1797.jpg

IMG-8302.jpg

IMG-8303.jpg

IMG-8294.jpg

IMG-8304.jpg

IMG-8305.jpg

IMG-8306.jpg

IMG-8307.jpg

IMG-1781.jpg

IMG-8286.jpg

IMG-1783.jpg

IMG-1786.jpg

IMG-8285.jpg

IMG-8289.jpg

IMG-8300.jpg

IMG-8288.jpg

IMG-8301.jpg

IMG-1802.jpg

IMG-8317.jpg

IMG-8316.jpg

IMG-8290.jpg

IMG-8291.jpg

IMG-1787.jpg

IMG-1788.jpg

IMG-8318.jpg

IMG-E8282.jpg

IMG-8280.jpg

Edited by JakD

Moondustesp

Fyi the last of the gens came with this bracelet so your bracelet is correct. Nice watch

BadApple

Nice bit of kit there sir. Doesn't look shabby at all. 

I have a SO44 GF inbound (landed in UK yesterday) that was well discounted from its original price due to bezel misalignment but for the life of me I can't spot it so some nice bargains out there and these Breitlings are solid and bulletproof. 

Moondustesp
31 minutes ago, BadApple said:

I have a SO44 GF inbound (landed in UK yesterday) that was well discounted from its original price due to bezel misalignment but for the life of me I can't spot it so some nice bargains out there and these Breitlings are solid and bulletproof. 

Do you have a link? 

JakD
On 05/08/2021 at 17:48, Moondustesp said:

Fyi the last of the gens came with this bracelet so your bracelet is correct. Nice watch

That’s cool to know, wasn’t aware of that. Thanks

JakD
On 05/08/2021 at 19:07, BadApple said:

Thanks you sir. I have been considering one of those aswell, not pulled the trigger as of yet though. I realize I’m late to reply so I hope the misalignment was/is unnoticeable IRL too ;)

Edited by JakD

Tony P

i have the heritage 2 . may i ask where you purchased