Sign in to follow this  
Member X

How much should I pay for a 7734?

Member X

Hey all,

I'm considering building something with a 7734 movement but they don't seem to be very cheap... :)

How much is a good price for an unknown movement that is dead and will need resuscitating?

$100? $150? $200?

I know a service and fixing will add at least $100 on top of that, so I think it would still come in at a fairly reasonable price if they were that cheap...

Any help very gratefully received! :D

flottiglia

I've sold a couple of complete running Valjoux 7734's over the last year year or so and and got about £100 GBP each for them.I sold one that had the running seconds pinion broken but was otherwise ok and got £80 GBP for that one on the bay.

How about a Landeron 248 or 48,same dial layout but a different start/stop/reset procedure,the Landerons are cheaper £60-70 each for a runner.

Member X

Cool, thank you for the info :)

I think I remember reading that they were going for a lot more! I will need to do some serious ebay trawling... ;)

flottiglia

No problem,happy hunting !

Sometimes its cheaper to buy a complete but rough watch weird as it sounds.I sold mine on BIN's so they might have made a bit more on auction,they sold pretty quick for sure.

Theres quite a few uncased Landerons knocking around as they were often in 18k cases and the gold rush has caught up with them.

Another option would be a Poljot 3133 which is just a Russian 7734 really.Decent movement and you can buy them new in a Maktime watch for $200 or so...The 3133 is made on the old Swiss tooling i think.

Member X

Awesome, thank you! :thumbsup:

Is it literally a direct-fit replacement? Would be aweaome if so :)

Do you know if it has the 45 minute chrono counter?? :unsure:

gB.
Is it literally a direct-fit replacement? Would be aweaome if so :)

Do you know if it has the 45 minute chrono counter?? :unsure:

I would be interested in this answer as well... :thumbsup:

flottiglia

Sorry gents for slow reply,had to get some sleep !

The 3133 is not quite drop in replacement for a 7734 i'm afraid.The dial layout is the same but the dial feet are different postions.

The major problem is that the 3133 is about 1mm thicker so you would have problems with stem height.Part reason for this is 3133 has a different set up for the calendar work.The calendar work can be removed if your'e going "no date" like a 7733 but there is still a slight difference.So if your'e using an old Swiss case you have problems to overcome.

The 7734 can be either 30 or 45 min registers,the 3133 is 30 mins only.

It all depends what the project is really and how much work you want to get into to.If your'e making a custom case then no issues or you could use a Poljot,Vostock or old Sekonda case which is cheaper than an old Valjoux one.

Member X

Cool, thank you for your help! :)

I think I will have to hold out for a 45-minute 7734, which seem to attract higher prices, dammit... :P

flottiglia
Cool, thank you for your help! :)

I think I will have to hold out for a 45-minute 7734, which seem to attract higher prices, dammit... :P

Yeah,ain't that always the way !.

The 30 min versions are more common so there will be a premium on the 45's unless you strike lucky....

andygt

7032 I presume? Personally I never use the chronos so would just get a 30 mins - should be able to score one for $150 ish in the bay

flottiglia
7032 I presume? Personally I never use the chronos so would just get a 30 mins - should be able to score one for $150 ish in the bay

Yeah i was wondering if it was a 7032 project as well but was too polite to ask !

I fancy doing one of these Dodane style jobs next time i have a 7734 spare.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TYPE-20-CASE-DIAL-CR...=item5883dd27ba

Member X

7032, you say...?

:popcorn:

:)

It's a long term goal and I don't want to get everything if I can't get a movement! As you say, though, how often does anyone use the chronos? I think a 30 minute version might have to be bought!! :P