ZeU5N4.jpg
ZeUWKI.jpg
ZeUa1c.jpg
ZeUiMX.jpg
ZeUoDi.jpg
ZeUqob.jpg
ZeUITp.jpg

SteveA

I’m no expert and my reasoning may be way off but it looks too new to be the Gen so I’ll go for rep that’s maybe hade a little work done to take rough edges off bracelet .Its a beauty and I would love one.

Flinnt

I’m going for rep. There’s some damn good Omega reps. 
Why? I would hope the detail in the lume of the indices would be better on gen and the pins in the bracelet links would be more uniform and quality finish. 
But I don’t know. It’s a great watch. 

black263

Don't know about the head, but the bracelet and pins are really rough.

GingerApple

I'm also saying rep (though there could be a lot of egg on faces going around because I'm far from convinced).

Reasons/logic are:

Pearl not aligned with the scallop on the bezel.

Dial printing looks less amazing than my little head imagines the Gen would be

Lume a bit wobbly

Crown Guards not pointy enough

This is Gen isn't it and we're going to look like (bigger) idiots.

• Like 1

Leet1983

I'm also thinking rep the bracelet is a speedmaster bracelet 

k4jun
9 minutes ago, Leet1983 said:

I'm also thinking rep the bracelet is a speedmaster bracelet 

Gen 2054.50 was sold with 1503/825 (bond bracelet).

Gen 2254.50 comes with 1610/930 bracelet, which looks very close to the speedy bracelet but it is not the same ;)

Leet1983

Ok no worries I'm obviously not as clued up as I thought I was  :thumbdown: 

deju

If it’s gen, bracelet isn’t, and sping bars for sure aren’t. They are bent to fu..... 

k4jun
24 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

This is Gen isn't it and we're going to look like (bigger) idiots.

:giggle:

tenor.gif

Cap'n

I'm saying gen (just to buck the trend).

I have a gen Seamaster Chrono, which is currently with Omega for servicing (god I'm missing it - they quoted 12 weeks and I thought they were joking but seems to be taking it!!). It's 9 years old now and when it went off for servicing, it was shall we say 'well used' and looked in a similar condition, especially the bracelet - the end link at the clasp has a tendency to bend on these over time (had mine replaced once under warranty). The other thing for me is the Helium valve on the reps is 'usually' bang on 10 - you can see this one is lightly past it, just as the gens are. Other than that, nothing to base it on - put it in my hand and you'll tell though cos that strap is one of the comfiest metal straps I've ever had the pleasure to wear (although that bracelet is slightly different to mine - mine is smooth on the inside, instead of the same shape as the outside) - maybe this is a gen head on a rep strap.

SunnyG

I'd say Rep..surely a Gen wouldnt have a misaligned pearl (looks slightly to the left within the triangle)? 

BM284

I’m going to say it’s a gen - though I’m not convinced the bracelet is correct, the wear in it would be expected for a well worn seamaster....

Irrespective, it’s a lovely watch ... I’m partial to the sword hands :) 

Cap'n
45 minutes ago, SunnyG said:

I'd say Rep..surely a Gen wouldnt have a misaligned pearl (looks slightly to the left within the triangle)? 

Wanna bet? Mines off to the right!

AE5-D5174-AFE5-40-BE-8-F20-9-CFECB548-A4

Robse1
4 hours ago, k4jun said:

Guys, what's that? Is it a watch appropriate for a Swiss snob wanker :Thinking:

GL and have fun

Rep, looks like the Hands are well scratched from removing. I think it wouldnt be if its gen. 

Or Franken and hands are used gen.

Ibanez

No expert, but my guess is rep, like @SteveA , the condition is a bit new for old gen with the brush looking pretty fresh and the spring bars with a wobble on 

SunnyG
41 minutes ago, TagMeInIt said:

Wanna bet? Mines off to the right!

AE5-D5174-AFE5-40-BE-8-F20-9-CFECB548-A4

Oh wow that's crazy..looks like you also have to QC a Gen!

Cap'n
26 minutes ago, SunnyG said:

Oh wow that's crazy..looks like you also have to QC a Gen!

Yeah - you don't notice it when you're in the boutique and all giddy - it's only when you take the close up photos you see it.

I'd lusted after this watch for a while and found out they were changing the colour of the dial - I really don't like the new colour so went on the hunt - bought this as one of the last 6 left in the country and was more relieved to have got it than anything so didn't notice it. Was also bought as a 'memory' of my Dad who'd recently passed - he was a massive Omega fan, and whilst I have a couple of his watches, he was always a more 'traditional' man and they a) just don't suit me and b) are too small for my wrists so they are just kept for sentiment and I bought myself one more suited to my style.    

Intresting

Just another example why the Omega Seamaster reps are sooo good.   Will need triple takes to tell the gen from the good reps apart.

Guessing its a rep.   Caseback Omega logo below the hippocampus looks too large compared to gen.    Lume from the picture looks dodgy.   Am also suspicious why the pictures have the hands covering the datewheel.   Perhaps its to hide a tell.... :)    
And,
If I am wrong, it only vindicates why I am in the quality rep game.. 

14 minutes ago, TagMeInIt said:

Yeah - you don't notice it when you're in the boutique and all giddy - it's only when you take the close up photos you see it.

I'd lusted after this watch for a while and found out they were changing the colour of the dial - I really don't like the new colour so went on the hunt - bought this as one of the last 6 left in the country and was more relieved to have got it than anything so didn't notice it. Was also bought as a 'memory' of my Dad who'd recently passed - he was a massive Omega fan, and whilst I have a couple of his watches, he was always a more 'traditional' man and they a) just don't suit me and b) are too small for my wrists so they are just kept for sentiment and I bought myself one more suited to my style.    

You can get a aftermarket replacement bezel that is more accurate at 1/4 of what Omega charges.. :)   

tribefan

I'm guessing gen because I have not seen a bracelet like that in the rep world. I haven't been around that long though, so maybe there was one. Gen.

k4jun
2 hours ago, Intresting said:

Just another example why the Omega Seamaster reps are sooo good.   Will need triple takes to tell the gen from the good reps apart.

6 hours ago, Flinnt said:

I’m going for rep. There’s some damn good Omega reps. 

Do you guys have any links?

That's interesting cause that's not something I am familiar with. Afaik the only reps of 2254 are Ali Specials or Silix $90-100 watches, and they both scream rep.

juanmanuelp

At least, bezel insert is a rep

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

Intresting
4 hours ago, k4jun said:

That's interesting cause that's not something I am familiar with. Afaik the only reps of 2254 are Ali Specials or Silix $90-100 watches, and they both scream rep.

If there were it would be long out of production, like the Chrono superclone that someone has on sale on M2M.    Didn't consider that...   So is it gen or rep? 

Flinnt
8 hours ago, k4jun said:

I was speaking in general, that there’s some damn fine Omega reps. I’ve only been into reps for 18 months so it wouldn’t have surprised me if this was previously repped. 
But no I haven’t seen a decent rep of this available from dealers. 

k3rm87

Looks like a franken mish mash to me. 

It may just be the rain on the outer glass but it's making the dials lume application look terrible. 

Also insert seems questionable, case looks gen though.