submarinerblue

A Fine Mess I’m In

submarinerblue

So, I’m removing my Seamaster 300 and guess what? The mechanism is jammed. It appears the button on what side won’t release. So, I can’t get the damn thing off my wrist. Tried to pry open the  catch. No luck. Only damaged it.

I tried to undo one of the screws links, but they won’t budge. When I got the watch I could not loosen the screws to size it. RWG members had several suggestions, none of which worked. I had to have the jeweler size the watch because the screws were immovable.

I have to take it to the jeweler and hope he can get it off without destroying the bracelet. Or my wrist. He may need bolt cutters.CE87-EEDD-E6-FD-4808-8-EC1-C185-E2274358

He isn’t open until Wednesday.

Crappy replicas .

BadApple

Use a scalpel and cut your hand off - by pass the jewellers and just go to hospital. Quicker as the jeweller may not touch it because it's not a gen.

• Like 1

Rx4Time

Well that's kind of sad situation... I mean it's obvious that the watch likes you so much it doesn't want to let go. 

Flinnt

Don’t listen to Badapple, that’s ridiculous. 

What you want to do is take to that bracelet with an angle grinder. You’ll keep your hand, and maybe most of its use. Who knows. 
You’ll need a needle and thread on hand. A sewing machine won’t do. I learned that the hard way. 

• Like 1

Jibuti

You morons... 

OP just put arm up to elbow in strong acid, it will dissolve watch. Or meat. Or both. Pain will vanish in a few years. And you can always get free handycaped parking space. 

• Like 1

Thommo82

Have you tried putting it in a bowl of rice?

• Like 2

SteveA

Get some WD40 Behind the clasp and into the locking mechanism ,just let it soak it for a while then give it a wiggle while trying to depress the buttons or if you have space try to slide a small screwdriver into the locking mechanism and have a fiddle around maybe the spring has dislodged slightly.

• Like 1

GulfGT40

How good are the spring bars? can you get them to fold or give with a good tug?

Any room to slip a tool under there and see if they pop out?

Edited by GulfGT40

NCRich

Slide a flat head screwdriver under the end of the clasp and twist.  It will pop open.  Its only got two wires holding it on.

• Like 1

Nikosaldente

If it has the "Push" button micro adjustment clasp, try slipping a finger underneath the clasp to loosen it.

Maybe then you can use the Diver's extension to loosen it even more to take it off or work something out with the screws or pins of the Bracelet or Clasp. 

Finally if the Scalpel/Grinder/Acid/Screwdriver don't work, you can always use a blowtorch!

Good luck!

Jibuti
9 hours ago, NCRich said:

Slide a flat head screwdriver under the end of the clasp and twist.  It will pop open.  Its only got two wires holding it on.

boooooring...

oh, you were serious?!

hasel5

What a total cock gulag him

• Like 1

submarinerblue

Problem solved. Took it to watch repair guy  at the mall. He may be able to also repair the clasp. We’ll see. 

ASU1808

Duct tape/,,, it fixes everything