Moondustesp

Vintage 16610/16800 franken build

Moondustesp

I started collecting parts a while ago for this build. Just waiting gaskets and then should be able to go ahead with assembly. Cannot wait to be wearing this piece should be a stunner. I am going for a vintage 16610/16800. More 16610 i think because of the 3135(SH clone) movement. The genuine dial has gone from gloss to a lovely matt. The tritium has gone a lovely creamy colour on the dial and bezel. Hands are from JF and relumed to match. Using a startime case, bezel assembly. Genuine dial, bezel insert, 703 crown, 16200 datewheel. http://00-F541-CE-513-D-48-B8-93-BC-04364-FEC03 http://057-F7286-549-A-46-A3-9-F78-61-DE1-D5231

Edited by Moondustesp
  • Like 2

paccbet

Following

• Like 1

Mr Seamaster

Great to see the crown getting used for a pretty 16800/16610.

Subscribed!

• Like 1

Moondustesp
33 minutes ago, Mr Seamaster said:

Great to see the crown getting used for a pretty 16800/16610.

Subscribed!

I bet. Should be pretty 

deju

love the dial can't wait to see the results

• Like 1

Edeeot

That looks like a lot of fun.  I can't wait to build a watch like this.  Very nice, Thanks for sharing your build.

• Like 1

Moondustesp

Gaskets have just arrived :D

Moondustesp

Currently with @ROLIE and waiting for a VR3135. A recommended upgrade by @ROLIE. Can’t wait :chewbacca:

Rower

Very similar to the specs on mine:

ZrMul0C.jpg

U76tDQV.jpg8yod4XV.jpg

V1DB4ia.jpg

Good luck with the build. I can't wait to see multiple pictures!

• Like 1

Moondustesp

Your build looks great. Don’t worry will be plenty of pictures :D

CurioLeo

Its been a week since the gaskets arrived , what's the hold up ??? Get those photos up in a:runner:

motak

It will be for sale ???

Moondustesp
21 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

Its been a week since the gaskets arrived , what's the hold up ??? Get those photos up in a:runner:

:chatty: No Rush

CurioLeo
2 minutes ago, Moondustesp said:

:chatty: No Rush

I know patience is supposed to be a virtue but fuck that, I just want to see the finished build

Moondustesp
7 hours ago, motak said:

It will be for sale ???

No

Moondustesp

Little update. Just waiting for the VR3135 to arrive then the magician can work his magic :D

Rokerite
8 minutes ago, Moondustesp said:

Little update. Just waiting for the VR3135 to arrive then the magician can work his magic :D

Is the magician in question our  very own @ROLIE ?

Edited by Rokerite

Moondustesp
11 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

Is the magician in question our  very own @ROLIE ?

:Applause:

Moondustesp

Here it is! Absolutely love it. Rolie as always has excelled and done a great job. I am very impressed with the VR3135 movement. Genuine datewheel  flicks over great, rotor silent and winds lovely. I wanted a vintage look but not something that looks like it has been thrown off a cliff then set on fire. Tried to fit a raffels bracelet to it but the end link loops are a mile out. So if anyone has some 580 endlinks message me. For now it’s on a nato which I actually really really. Will update will pics once it’s on a bracelet. 

Figmo

Very nice! My own build is budget based on JK vintage 551X & 1680 watches but I'm just getting started. I'm signing up for this thread and looking forward to more pics and info here.

• Like 1

Moondustesp
2 hours ago, Figmo said:

Very nice! My own build is budget based on JK vintage 551X & 1680 watches but I'm just getting started. I'm signing up for this thread and looking forward to more pics and info here.

Thanks. I have had a few 1680 JKF watches. The very reason for this build was the fact that I liked them so much. Goodluck with your build. 

edwinowl

Nice build that pal. Good old rollie. Top man. 

Rower

Very nice! So close to mine. Congrats on a job well done.

Figmo
1 hour ago, Moondustesp said:

Thanks. I have had a few 1680 JKF watches. The very reason for this build was the fact that I liked them so much. Goodluck with your build. 

If possible, I'd greatly appreciate a side-by-side comparison of this build with your JKF builds, and any feedback you could share of the different experiences you've had with both. 

Please take this with a grain of salt as it's "an unschooled observation from an inexperienced newbie" and in no way meant as criticism, but I've personally been a bit gun shy on the Asian 3135 movements owing to my lack of experience with them and potential challenges with getting parts and servicing. I'm bringing this up only because I'm deferring to experience and asking if you could share feedback about your time with these movements. 

• Like 1