Finchoz

My modded Seiko builds

Finchoz

A collection of some of my Seiko mod builds:

SRPD76k rose gold yachtmaster - I first built one of these for myself (the one pictured) but soon traded it + cash for the Sinn 104. Since then though I have built at least 3 identical builds for customers (Iexcept I used rose gold merc hands for those) - they are proving popular, and everyone seems to love what I've been able to do with the rose gold deployant clasp with the monster rubber strap combo. Gives it a much more well put together finish than a tang buckle I think.

SKX007 K "BB58 two tone" - bought this as a wrecked SKX, I think it is a 1998 model. It was a mess. Highly polished case (again, it was a mess), gold sub bezel, gold/red black bay 58 style ceramic insert, original dial with patina, new NH36 movement, signed red S crown, gold merc hands, black leather croc strap with polished silver deployant clasp. This was my first SKX & first mod build so have kind of a sentimental attachment to it, but I just love the combo. It has a bit of a bad ass look to it. But I recently sold it along with another rose gold yachtmaster build, so once the yachty is finished they will both be gone.

SKX007 J2 "Batman" - bought this as a brand new 2019 SKX J2, did the hands, chapter ring, bezel, lumed bezel insert, double domed blue AR sapphire. This is still in my collection and is worn often, kind of a beater. Can't see myself offloading this any time soon. I love everything except the jingly Seiko Jubilee bracelet that feels like it's made from a Coke can, but it looks good.

Seiko(kinda) Yachtmaster Rhodium homage - built this for a customer. Uses a chinese generic submariner case, NH36, yachtmaster steel bezel insert, sunburst grey Seiko dial, customer requested grand seiko style hands with the blue second hand. Turned out really good. The chinese rolex style cases and bracelets are actually exceptionally good for the price. I'm currently building a similar watch but with a sunburst black Seiko dial, silver merc hands, a black yachtmaster ceramic insert, and a generic oysterflex-style rubber strap with an unbranded oyster clasp.

Plus a bunch of other SKX and SRPD mods that I forgot to photograph...

Z5p1ev.jpg Z5p8H4.jpg Z5p9t1.jpg Z5pnNj.jpg

Edited by Finchoz
  • Like 3

RussP

Nice.

Thanks for sharing your handiwork :clap:

nunu78

love the Yatchmaster 

Intresting

Wow.  Nice pieces.   Which part of our fine country are you located?   Strapcode can fix the bad Seiko bracelets.  

Finchoz
2 hours ago, Intresting said:

Wow.  Nice pieces.   Which part of our fine country are you located?   Strapcode can fix the bad Seiko bracelets.  

Sunny Queensland, and you? Yeah I know, but I kinda like the signed Seiko clasp... Maybe one day I'll mod something up the way I want it. I might also try it on a curved end rubber bracelet with an oyster style clasp, if I can ever find one.

CollieWobbles

Fab :clap:

BravoDelta

Those are really awesome!  You probably know this guy :happy:...

Finchoz
5 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

Those are really awesome!  You probably know this guy :happy:...

Yeah he is a great builder. The Bloodmoon is gorgeous

Intresting
2 hours ago, Finchoz said:

Sunny Queensland, and you? Yeah I know, but I kinda like the signed Seiko clasp... Maybe one day I'll mod something up the way I want it. I might also try it on a curved end rubber bracelet with an oyster style clasp, if I can ever find one.

Another Queenslandah!    Brissie.    We have quite afew here.  :)

Bill_C

Those came out really nice! I've been dabbling in SKX mods a bit lately as well. Nothing that cool though. Yours are really well executed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Degsy1880

Nice work love the batman

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

GBIII

That Yachtmaster is really slick. 

West34th

Thanks for sharing! The world of modding Seiko has really interested me lately and I've joined a FB community dedicated to it. I must say your gold Yachtmaster is about as good as I've seen.

Edited by West34th

Aramis2288
On 06/11/2020 at 12:38, Finchoz said:

Yeah he is a great builder. The Bloodmoon is gorgeous

He did a few similar Samurai-based builds with meteorite and carbon dials. Simply stunning IMO.

Zf1y53.png Zf1O0n.png Zf11ts.png

Edited by Aramis2288

MA123

This one arrived for me...today...!

Awesome mash up between Sieko 62mas + Submariner + Yatchmaster. 

Love it so far...

(not my pics btw!
And also not a build by the author of this post...but someone else, but posting to share)

084474-E4-21-BA-4335-8-A4-B-FE2-CAC4-B8-

230-D0138-7301-453-F-AE80-1151-CF52-C14-

3334372-F-A7-CA-404-F-80-DD-3-C695-EAEA6

67444-C2-E-E5-FE-434-E-82-D3-1-D1-C273-D

7-A1-ECD1-A-80-E7-402-A-AAA9-A87-F1-C117

B0-ADE70-F-F139-4-B2-E-A4-BF-3554-E5-D93

host photos online

Edited by MA123

Blozr
On 28/04/2021 at 21:21, Aramis2288 said:

He did a few similar Samurai-based builds with meteorite and carbon dials. Simply stunning IMO.

Zf1y53.png Zf1O0n.png Zf11ts.png

This one is Sharp!

SteveA

The RG yacht master is to die for do you do custom builds for U.K. customer?

Aramis2288
2 hours ago, Blozr said:

This one is Sharp!

Yeah, very sharp. 

Rozza72

My first forey into modding and its been fun learning how to put something together including how to build a pressure testing device for waterproofing.

jLRyoE.jpg jLR9b3.jpg jLR65s.jpg jLR1Tn.jpg

Rozza72
On 29/07/2021 at 18:58, Blozr said:

This one is Sharp!

Love the glint from the red AR and a very nice looking build