G_sus

Maintenance Jobs Put Off...

G_sus

Thought I’d use the lockdown here in the UK to change all the dead batteries in my older less used pieces that are just sat in the drawer

Anyone else put off jobs like this, even though you may like the pieces, just because it’s less effort to pick up an auto and be done with it?

For instance:-

Z5X5xL.jpg
Z5XeXQ.jpg

This Tag with lovely sunburst dial which was literally my only daily wearer for ages until the battery died - Hasn’t seen the light off day in years since then...

At at the other end of the scale - This Breitling Colt (Quartz as per gen)

Z5TUEF.jpg
Z5TaHt.jpg

Sure, some of the indices are a little wonky, and I ordered a blue dial and got a black dial version (The Gate for you!) but I have always had a soft spot for this thing (Even if it is just up in the scale of trash!)

How on earth am in getting the case back off?   Is a rubber ball the only way?  Can’t imagine a sticky tape method would work as it’s on pretty good!

Anyone any bright ideas?

Anyone else using any COVID down time to work on anything they have been putting off and now got no excuse?

FoxWilde

Wad up a ball of duct tape. That can pull gen caseback a off with elbow grease. You may end up having to clean the caseback of the tape gunk afterwards.

Foxindebox

Superglue a nut on the back and use a wrench to undo. You can’t then use acetone to remove the nut from the caseback.

or just buy a cheap die from eBay :)