judas9r

Living with Vostok original bracelet.

judas9r

So those of us that are messed up enough to enjoy Vostok watches know that as soon as it arrives; We open the box, remove the braclet without unwrapping it or sizing it and, drop it in the bin.

Known to be used by the FSB for extracting confessions from Putins political opponents, before being sent to the salt mines. These straps are considered to be amongst the worst in the industry and probably fail trading standard testing in China.

However, in my lockdown boredom, having given all of my watches multiple strap changes. I picked a brand new, unwrapped Vostock braclet from my trash parts bin.

It had a hideous cheap shiny finish that I rubbed down to a mat satin look. I then gave it the RWG oil bath treatment and sized it to my pathetic scrawny wrist. After installing it to a lightly  modded Komandirski that I picked up from @Popperini  , I slipped it on the wrist and was surprised to find it quite wearable. 

It  probably helps that this strap has straight end links and not those cheap nasty pressed metal things. The clasp is still a dog and the usually rattleyness associated with folded links. I'm going to test drive it for a week. But the moment that it pinches or plucks a hair it's going back in the bin.

20201107-155131.jpg

20201107-155146.jpg

• Like 1

BravoDelta

:lmao: OMG this is me too. I sized the stock bracelet and found that it wasn't that bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

judas9r

Kept the Vostok on the bracelet for three weeks and found it a really great  combo. But I modified a leather strap (punched holes) I didn't gel with, with the Vostok in mind. So the bracelet  had to go.

20201202-124605.jpg

20201202-124545.jpg

cvp3

Fuck that fucking fucker fuck bracelet.

image.jpg

• Like 2

Jackflash

I get along fine with my vintage Vostok bracelet. Maybe it’s down to my masochistic tendencies.883e249047ed2d44482dd844515c66f9.jpg
0f41c13e0db7119ad1e17c646a562608.jpg
27ba3b1bd15156a84b15972a3f06d0db.jpg
983a478c196929f5767b390c1ce96bd7.jpg

• Like 2

Piloten
On 02/12/2020 at 20:51, cvp3 said:

Fuck that fucking fucker fuck bracelet.

image.jpg

what he said. :clap:

• Like 2

Kernow

Yeah, the bracelet on mine was a hair puller so it’s now on leather!