c1181427

Tudor Black Bay 36 - Gen or Rep?

c1181427

Hi guys, after many years of replica watches I have decided to pull the trigger on a second hand genuine and would immensely appreciate your opinion on helping me establish if the watch is genuine. 
The watch is badly scratched but this has been taken into account in the asking price so I'm ok with that and will probably just have it polished.

Gen or rep?

Thanks in advance everyone.m-konversation-anhang.jpgm-konversation-anhang-1.jpgm-konversation-anhang-10.jpgm-konversation-anhang-11.jpgm-konversation-anhang-2.jpgm-konversation-anhang-3.jpgm-konversation-anhang-4.jpgm-konversation-anhang-5.jpgm-konversation-anhang-6.jpgm-konversation-anhang-7.jpgm-konversation-anhang-8.jpgm-konversation-anhang-9.jpg

Edited by c1181427

Del

With those photos?! :rofl: You can hardly tell what model of watch it is, let alone if it’s a rep. 

Your best bet is to ascertain the history of the watch and papers if possible, and does the seller have feedback or a track record. 

• Like 3

Rx4Time

Does it have box and papers? . What's the asking price?  Where was it listed?  As said you'll need high resolution pictures for any useful responses.   Those aren't exactly expensive even from reputable sources in good condition.  

• Like 2

c1181427

My apologies for the pics, I thought they'd be clickable and enlarge...will post the links shortly

The watch comes with box and papers, the asking price is 1600€ inc. shipping.

k4jun

I wouldn't call it badly scratched, looks like a regular wear-signs on the watch which has been worn for a few years. Which is good cause clasp looks like pre-2020 clasp.

Looks very gen to me, but BB36 has been repped so good that personally I would like to open the back and see the balance regulator.

Jibuti

it really needs good and long hand job....

deju
11 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

it really needs good and long hand job....

Drunk @Jibuti is my favourite :lol:

• Like 2

GingerApple

The dial print looks more 3D then my rep so I'd plump for Gen - but it's hard to be sure.

ZUsemt.jpg
ZUsAcF.jpg

NCRich
21 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

The dial print looks more 3D then my rep so I'd plump for Gen - but it's hard to be sure.

ZUsemt.jpg
ZUsAcF.jpg

That is really a plain watch.  Giving the 111 a run for the money.

GingerApple
11 minutes ago, NCRich said:

That is really a plain watch.  Giving the 111 a run for the money.

Indeed. And small.

c1181427

Thanks everyone. What about the back and the serial number? Do reps have random serials or do they all have the same ?  Would that be a good indication?

k4jun

No, there are at least 2 factories who rep this watch and they do not use the fixed serials.

• Like 1

c1181427

OK.  I shall wait for pictures of box and documentation and get back to you. In the meantime thanks everyone!

Jibuti
10 hours ago, deju said:

Drunk @Jibuti is my favourite :lol:

I do not drink for quite a while now. 

So sadly, for you, it was sober person 's comment. 

GingerApple

Jibs is one of those rare people that makes a lot more sense when he's paralytic.

Jibuti
6 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Jibs is one of those rare people that makes a lot more sense when he's paralytic.

cheers.

luckily (still) not brain-paralytic.

GingerApple
5 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

cheers.

luckily (still) not brain-paralytic.

Cheers! I'll drink to that :beer2:

• Like 1

Rx4Time

One thing that the replica factories always seem to cheap out on is properly capping the seconds hand.  Here is a picture I took when I had both a genuine and a replica black bay GMT in hand before I sold off the replica.  Notice the capping of the second hand on the replica is open versus covered on the genuine. 

Compare the large pictures that OP posted versus the one that ginger posted.  Notice the difference of the second hand cap.  I would lean towards genuine but as said I really would like a movement shot focused on the balance. 

IMG_20200817_14591679d12066db33ee88.jpg

black263
On 11/11/2020 at 18:05, TheGingerFerret said:

Cheers! I'll drink to that :beer2:

You'd drink to anything.

UmpaHimself
1 hour ago, Rx4Time said:

One thing that the replica factories always seem to cheap out on is properly capping the seconds hand.  Here is a picture I took when I had both a genuine and a replica black bay GMT in hand before I sold off the replica.  Notice the capping of the second hand on the replica is open versus covered on the genuine. 

Not sure what you mean by "capping" but I'd like to know more.

BadApple

Tell tale without taking back off is that in the gen the lume paint on the 12 o'clock marker goes right  to the point......

ZWUS4I.png

Rx4Time
1 hour ago, UmpaHimself said:

Not sure what you mean by "capping" but I'd like to know more.

ZUsAcFf0ecd0b36c77d687.jpg

Notice the big hole in the center of the pinion in ginger's rep?  This is one area that to a greater or lesser extent the replica manufacturers tend to ignore or overlook

• Like 2

Rocla

I get my 79500 gen on my wrist : numbers on the caseback are not so readables (smallest font, and not ink inside), and your crown looks doubtful (on my gen there is no black ink in the rose in the center of the crown).

(My 2 cents)

(But maybe mine is a rep ! Everything seems to be possible since I discovered the reps. I bought mine on grey market, with box and papers but today it's no more a warranty)