YKIE

New to this forum and also to reps, ordered from Mirotime

YKIE

Hi

Thank you all for reading this and also welcoming me to the forum. A world i did not know existed. Anyhow, i have ordered a Rolex GMT Master 2 earlier today from Mirotime. Is there anything i need to be doing from here on within this forum about my order?

Other than of course staying as an active member

Thanks

BadApple
17 minutes ago, YKIE said:

Hi

Thank you all for reading this and also welcoming me to the forum. A world i did not know existed. Anyhow, i have ordered a Rolex GMT Master 2 earlier today from Mirotime. Is there anything i need to be doing from here on within this forum about my order?

Other than of course staying as an active member

Thanks

Yeah 

1. Read the New Members Section

2. Take particular note of TRUSTED DEALERS 

3. Be hopeful the site you bought from is genuine - see Trusted Dealers again.

Wires

Maybe go and look at the TD list and see that Mirotime isn’t on it

• Like 2

OJHorology
1 hour ago, Wires said:

Maybe go and look at the TD list and see that Mirotime isn’t on it

Hahah, he probably came from reddit.

Welcome to the forum @YKIE, as BadApple said take a good look at the new member's section a lot of good info there that will likely answer most of your questions.

Glaude

Mirotime is not a TD (for good reasons) so the only thing you can do, it's wish everything goes well and purchase from a TD next time

• Like 1

Ylijumala
On 15/11/2020 at 04:34, Glaude said:

Mirotime is not a TD (for good reasons) so the only thing you can do, it's wish everything goes well and purchase from a TD next time

Hello, first post for me and sorry if thread necromancy is frowned upon. Came to search for this exact information. Could you please elaborate on the "good reasons"? I suspect from the tone that buying from them would include a hefty dose of caveat emptor.

Rokerite
36 minutes ago, Ylijumala said:

Hello, first post for me and sorry if thread necromancy is frowned upon. Came to search for this exact information. Could you please elaborate on the "good reasons"? I suspect from the tone that buying from them would include a hefty dose of caveat emptor.

Just choose to ignore the advice being given if you like, but do not be surprised if you either (a) get no watch at all or (b) get a very poor watch at an over inflated price.... Just don't come on here moaning if you do though.  The very fact you are asking the question means you have not read up on the advice for new members which is recommended when you join. Or... take the advice, read up, get a decent quality watch at a reasonable price, and be entertained by the bunch of nutters on here free of charge. You will especially like our resident pet/mascot @TheGingerFerret

Edited by Rokerite

k4jun
50 minutes ago, Ylijumala said:

Maybe said "good reasons" are on the RG forum - mirotime became TD there and 2 out of 3 reviews are negative

ZuUMbI.jpg

Mirotime sells on reddit mainly, there is a hefty community of noobs hanging out there.
Occasionally, we can see here or on RWI some one-post-wonders, like OP for example, they post something like "-I ordered from miro, all good, good dealer" and are gone.
If you buy from Miro - well all good, he is not a TD here so we couldn't care less, but don't come here to complain and ask mods for a support if the deal goes south. You can post any complains on reddit but reddit mods do not offer any support :giggle:

• Like 1

Ylijumala
18 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

do not be surprised if you either (a) get no watch at all or (b) get a very poor watch at an over inflated price.... Just don't come on here moaning if you do though.

I suspected as much, but it never hurts to make sure and I was wondering if there were any juicy details there. I would like to ask which part of my question elicited such vitriol from you though. I believe I indicated that I already had the impression that steering clear of them would be the best course of action.

GingerApple

To be fair, I get the impression Mirotime are fairly decent. They're one of the more popular Reddit TDs aren't they? I too want Glaude to elaborate on, 'good reasons'.

Edit - never mind, I'd trust the Repgeek reviews.

Or would I - they have members like SSteel and Elviscunt.

Edited by TheGingerFerret
Hadn't seen k4jun's post
  • Like 1

Ylijumala
1 minute ago, k4jun said:

Maybe said "good reasons" are on the RG forum - mirotime became TD there and 2 out of 3 reviews are negative

Mirotime sells on reddit mainly, there is a hefty community of noobs hanging out there.
Occasionally, we can see here or on RWI some one-post-wonders, like OP for example, they post something like "-I ordered from miro, all good, good dealer" and are gone.
If you buy from Miro - well all good, he is not a TD here so we couldn't care less, but don't come here to complain and ask mods for a support if the deal goes south. You can post any complains on reddit but reddit mods do not offer any support :giggle:

Thank you, exactly the kind of information I was after.

GenTLe
3 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

They're one of the more popular Reddit TDs aren't they?

Probably I'm too old to know exactly what reddit is. And frankly speaking, I'm glad for that :D

• Like 1

Rokerite
14 minutes ago, Ylijumala said:

I suspected as much, but it never hurts to make sure and I was wondering if there were any juicy details there. I would like to ask which part of my question elicited such vitriol from you though. I believe I indicated that I already had the impression that steering clear of them would be the best course of action.

Which part of the advice did you have difficulty understanding ? :rolleyes: . You asked for advice from experienced members, and were given it. I have no interest in semantics, so with that I am out. Good luck with non trusted dealers if you decide to go down that path. 

Edited by Rokerite

bettyswolloks

Mirotime are a good reliable source. Good friend of mine uses them all the time, you should be ok with them.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

tribefan

One man's vitriol is another's hazing of newbie's that don't read the new members section, which we get a lot of. Also it looks like Betty's swollen balls can help you out if you have an issue with your order.

Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Glaude
4 hours ago, Ylijumala said:

Way too many negative feedback on them (there's a non TD review section on the sister forum RWI), lots of QC issues, lots of shipping issues, can't be trusted with orders and help if anything goes wrong (and it does)

3 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

To be fair, I get the impression Mirotime are fairly decent. They're one of the more popular Reddit TDs aren't they? I too want Glaude to elaborate on, 'good reasons'.

Edit - never mind, I'd trust the Repgeek reviews.

Or would I - they have members like SSteel and Elviscunt.

Always sticking up for the bad one, again.

Mirotime is not a good source to get a watch, they are not to be trusted. There are many various dealer to choose from that have way more experience in the game, whether it be here, RWI or RG even.

Reddit is a really small community, I think people tend to forget this and confuse the overall Reddit population and the one on the replica parts. Reddit is filled with the banned from other forums and plenty of noob looking for instant gratification, I wouldn't consider any of the dealer operating over there as "Trusted Dealer", you could buy from Facebook on Instagram that wouldn't change a thing.

• Like 1

onzenuub
38 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Way too many negative feedback on them (there's a non TD review section on the sister forum RWI), lots of QC issues, lots of shipping issues, can't be trusted with orders and help if anything goes wrong (and it does)

Mirotime is not a good source to get a watch, they are not to be trusted. There are many various dealer to choose from that have way more experience in the game, whether it be here, RWI or RG even.

Reddit is a really small community, I think people tend to forgot this and confuse the overall Reddit population and the one on the replica parts. Reddit is filled with the banned from other forums and plenty of noob looking for instant gratification, I wouldn't consider any of the dealer operating over there as "Trusted Dealer", you could buy from Facebook on Instagram that wouldn't change a thing.

Ginger is paid to do this. Ban him.   :cowboy:

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

I edited and backtracked when k4jun mentioned the bad reviews! I'm not defending a bad un, I just didn't know they were bad!

1 hour ago, onzenuub said:

Ginger is paid to do this.

Yes I am. So I make it that your owe me about 300 large. Do you want my PayPal deets?

FunnyStarSystem

Who doesn't love it when a noob politely asks a question and one of our Krusty Oldums smacks him around like a 12 year old mail order bride? But as for the OP, what would have led him here from Reddit? Why would he mention Mirotime, let alone put it in the title? Does RWG have a presence in the Reddit rep chats or is this just the result of not ventilating the paint booth at the custom car shop the OP undoubtedly worked for, but has already been long fired from?

Someday we should pool all these 1 posters together and throw them a party.

• Like 1

Glaude
2 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

Who doesn't love it when a noob politely asks a question and one of our Krusty Oldums smacks him around like a 12 year old mail order bride? But as for the OP, what would have led him here from Reddit? Why would he mention Mirotime, let alone put it in the title? Does RWG have a presence in the Reddit rep chats or is this just the result of not ventilating the paint booth at the custom car shop the OP undoubtedly worked for, but has already been long fired from?

Mirotime tried to make people on Reddit believe they were TD on RWG and RWI at one point, maybe that's the reason for the post

• Like 4

Devil

I actually came from reddit 3 years ago when I was trying to find more info about replica watches... :giggle:

I didn't jump in without doing my research though, and found this forum and haven't used the subreddit after that...

Someone pointed me in the direction of RWG and I much rather spend my time with you fuck witts rather than the 12 year olds that are posting dribble on reddit.

• Like 4

k4jun
29 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

But as for the OP, what would have led him here from Reddit? Why would he mention Mirotime, let alone put it in the title? Does RWG have a presence in the Reddit rep chats or is this just the result of not ventilating the paint booth at the custom car shop the OP undoubtedly worked for, but has already been long fired from?

Of course we do. Reddit does not have own "Trusted Dealers", there is a list of dealers websites but on Reddit's side there is no veryfication process, it is just a list.

Everyone there is using this TD term in the posts but in fact "TD" refers to the status given on the R-forums.

• Like 3

Glaude
1 hour ago, k4jun said:

Of course we do. Reddit does not have own "Trusted Dealers", there is a list of dealers websites but on Reddit's side there is no veryfication process, it is just a list.

Everyone there is using this TD term in the posts but in fact "TD" refers to the status given on the R-forums.

Staffer on Reddit are good & fair people, no doubt about it, in fact, my hat off to them for having to deal with such a community of wankers.

But they can only do so much to help, they have no leverage on TDs and even less on non TDs, that's where the risk is by going with those only referenced on Reddit

• Like 1

onzenuub
5 hours ago, Glaude said:

my hat off to them for having to deal with such a community of wankers.

There are wankers here too.:fme:

• Like 1

Diplomatico

A trusted dealer on here or RWI is not the same as a trusted dealer on reddit, unfortunately. Many of the TDs on here have 10+ years of clean record which can't be said with the new up comers on reddit.