Luge05

Omega seamaster planet Ocean VSF

Luge05

Hello guys I've been a member for a few years but haven't been active for a long time. I'm looking at an omega seamaster planet Ocean VSF.  Does anyone have any reviews or feedback on the movement it's and automatic custom, cal 8900. I've had a look for some info but I'm going round in circles. 

Cheers Louis

Flinnt

Try a google search and put site:rwg.bz at the end of the search words. You find more threads that way. 
Also lots of info over on RWI. 

The VSF ones are great quality. I’ve had mine for maybe 18 months now and no problems with movement. 

ZW7YkD.jpg

• Like 1

houndoggie
Try a google search and put site:rwg.bz at the end of the search words. You find more threads that way. 

The VSF ones are great quality. I’ve had mine for maybe 18 months now and no problems with movement. 

ZW7YkD.jpg

What size is that?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Flinnt
3 minutes ago, houndoggie said:

What size is that?

42mm. I’m thin wristed. 

johnharris

Its perfect. You cant go wrong with vsfs omega editions

Luge05
8 hours ago, Flinnt said:

ZW7YkD.jpg

Thanks for the advice I'll do that today. Do these have a nice sweeping motion? And is your the black on black?

Flinnt

Yes seconds sweep nice. And yes black/black. That shot is in intense Aussie sunlight, trying to show the texture on the bezel. 

Intresting

Can't go wrong with VSF Omegas.  Their seamasters are superb too.    Have lined up the rep with the gen.  It is a hard tell unless you absolutely know what you are looking for and that they are side by side.

GingerApple

VSF anything are pretty much on fire at the minute. There's hardly a bad watch in their stable - their Omegas, all the carbotech Pams, the latest, greatest Rolex LV and LN subs - a brilliant factory on top of their game. I must have 10-15 of their watches and I haven't had an issue with any of them mechanically or build wise. Pay close attention to the hands in QC - some (rare) hands seem to be badly finished with rough edges, but that's the exception rather then the rule.

GingerApple

Oh, one more thing to watch out for in QC - the supposedly white markers on the SMP 300s can sometimes be a bit yellowy.

Some old pics of various VSFs from my Clickpix account - cos we all like looking at watches!

ZW8Yet.jpg

ZHWlQc.jpg

V0cki.jpg

VpMs3.jpg

wR7Rb.jpg

7RM2I.jpg

diBhR.jpg

XZc3i.jpg

PNuUv.jpg

lzmAY.jpg

6cwnQ.jpg

8oANS.jpg

6Zm33.jpg

10BeR.jpg

• Like 1

Theduke.williams
11 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Oh, one more thing to watch out for in QC - the supposedly white markers on the SMP 300s can sometimes be a bit yellowy.

Some old pics of various VSFs from my Clickpix account - cos we all like looking at watches!

6cwnQ.jpg

That's one impressive collection, great photos.

Looking at the Mike Horn has made me want to wear mine, so when I get off here, I'm going to get it, set it and wear it.

• Like 1

Jibuti

GB just stop showing your 38mm pieces collection... 

GingerApple
1 minute ago, Theduke.williams said:

Looking at the Mike Horn has made me want to wear mine, so when I get off here, I'm going to get it, set it and wear it.

That's the only bad thing about it - the date setting! The (Gen like), jumping hour hand thing means it can take two minutes if you're at the wrong end of the month!

2 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

GB just stop showing your 38mm pieces collection... 

Shhhh. Go away. This thread's for adults only.

TanGo
49 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

..... we all like looking at watches!

ZW8Yet.jpg

Your new green watch make me crying

• Like 1

houndoggie
ZW8Yet.jpg

ZHWlQc.jpg
V0cki.jpg

VpMs3.jpg

wR7Rb.jpg

7RM2I.jpg

diBhR.jpg

XZc3i.jpg

PNuUv.jpg

lzmAY.jpg
6cwnQ.jpg

8oANS.jpg
6Zm33.jpg
10BeR.jpg

Nice! Those all look perfect. Love them all!

• Like 1

Luge05
5 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

ZW8Yet.jpg

ZHWlQc.jpg

V0cki.jpg

VpMs3.jpg

wR7Rb.jpg

7RM2I.jpg

diBhR.jpg

XZc3i.jpg

PNuUv.jpg

lzmAY.jpg

6cwnQ.jpg

8oANS.jpg

6Zm33.jpg

10BeR.jpg

Lovely collection! Thank you for the advice I'll make sure to check 

Edited by Luge05
  • Like 1

GingerApple
1 hour ago, houndoggie said:

Nice! Those all look perfect. Love them all!

Cheers! They're all stock by the way, no modding/upgrades. Testament to VSF's quality really. I read you've been out of the game a while - these watches are great, but the prices are always inching up. Personally I think they're still excellent value given the quality (most of these feel very Gen like too - a couple of slightly gritty movements), but the prices might shock you if you've not bought in years!

Slipagram44

Hi all, new to reps and doing some research into the VSF seamasters after reading untold forums/threads. Great info, thanks. Which particular seamaster is this model please? Looks great.....6Zm33.jpg

Aramis2288
On 16/11/2020 at 14:12, TheGingerFerret said:

ZW8Yet.jpg

ZHWlQc.jpg

V0cki.jpg

VpMs3.jpg

wR7Rb.jpg

7RM2I.jpg

diBhR.jpg

XZc3i.jpg

PNuUv.jpg

lzmAY.jpg

6cwnQ.jpg

8oANS.jpg

6Zm33.jpg

10BeR.jpg

You posted at least 6 watches which are on my 'to buy' list. If I could rob you, I probably would. Just sayin'.

GingerApple
12 minutes ago, Aramis2288 said:

You posted at least 6 watches which are on my 'to buy' list. If I could rob you, I probably would. Just sayin'.

Ahhhh, thanks man. That's the nicest scary threat I've ever received.