als86

Pelagos on eBay UK

Howitzer

I think we should all take turns winning it and then backing out for the same reason the first buyer did. 

Although bagsy not first....

Figmo

Sounds like a fun game of "whack-a-mole."

Back in the day I used to report the rep scammers who infested my area's local online classifieds.

I also used to have fun at their expense by messaging them with a version of the following:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Good day,

This is in response to your online classifieds ad offering your genuine Rolex Submariner for $1,500.00.

I am prepared to meet you locally in person and to immediately pay you in cash the sum of THREE THOUSAND CANADIAN DOLLARS ($3,000.00) for your wristwatch.

I will meet you at our local authorized Rolex agent [AD name][AD address], to whom we can submit your Rolex Submariner for an on-site authentication, upon successful completion of which I will pay you at my chartered bank [name/address less than 1 block away] the agreed upon sum of THREE THOUSAND CANADIAN DOLLARS ($3,000.00), in addition to reimbursing you the full cost incurred for the appraisal of your genuine Rolex Submariner wristwatch by our local authorized Rolex agent.

In closing, you are more than welcome to accompany into my chartered bank and watch as I withdraw the aforementioned funds; your Rolex Submariner is authentic, so why not make sure my money is, too?

Kind regards,

(signed)

For some strange reason I've yet to receive a reply from any of 'em!

Yeah, I'm typically a nice guy however to scammers I am a consummate prick and proud of it!

Edited by Figmo
  • Like 3

paccbet
43 minutes ago, Figmo said:

Sounds like a fun game of "whack-a-mole."

Back in the day I used to report the rep scammers who infested my area's local online classifieds.

I also used to have fun at their expense by messaging them with a version of the following:

Good day,

This is in response to your online classifieds ad offering your genuine Rolex Submariner for $1,500.00.

I am prepared to meet you locally in person and to immediately pay you in cash the sum of THREE THOUSAND CANADIAN DOLLARS ($3,000.00) for your wristwatch.

I will meet you at our local authorized Rolex agent [AD name][AD address], to whom we can submit your Rolex Submariner for an on-site authentication, upon successful completion of which I will pay you at my chartered bank [name/address less than 1 block away] the agreed upon sum of THREE THOUSAND CANADIAN DOLLARS ($3,000.00), in addition to reimbursing you the full cost incurred for the appraisal of your genuine Rolex Submariner wristwatch by our local authorized Rolex agent.

In closing, you are more than welcome to accompany into my chartered bank and watch as I withdraw the aforementioned funds; your Rolex Submariner is authentic, so why not make sure my money is, too?

Kind regards,

(signed)

For some strange reason I've yet to receive a reply from any of 'em!

Yeah, I'm typically a nice guy however to scammers I am a consummate prick and proud of it!

Why I never sell on Kijiji anymore.... too many of these bastards 

• Like 2

Philiusmaximus

I have always assumed people just rack up the bids for shit and giggles without any intention of paying. Either that or there are many many many stupid people with too much money...

Popperini
7 hours ago, Philiusmaximus said:

I have always assumed people just rack up the bids for shit and giggles without any intention of paying. Either that or there are many many many stupid people with too much money...

I reckon that the latter is sadly more the case than the former. 

Figmo
7 hours ago, Philiusmaximus said:

These guys also employ shills, both as alternate accounts they've set up for that purpose and via accomplices, to ramp up the bidding in hopes of ensnaring an unwitting victim - little different from the snake oil salesman hiring an elderly person on crutches to sample the goods and dance a jig after being instantaneously cured. Hallelujah: it's a miracle!

• Like 1

Redfire1066

Yep, see it’s been resisted as  winning bidder did not pay ... ... the clue was in the description .... lol :clouseau:

Popperini
7 hours ago, Redfire1066 said:

Yep, see it’s been resisted as  winning bidder did not pay ... ... the clue was in the description .... lol :clouseau:

Which kind of indicates that this is one may well be one of those snaring scams, waiting for an unwary legit bidder to come along and bag themselves an expensive mistake...

• Like 2