BadApple

Badapple's 2020 Collection

BadApple

ZoHq0p.jpg

Having had over 200 different watches over the last few years it has become time to settle down with what will be a dozen keepers. I have not been flipping as I am renowned for and I am now plumbing for quality models and investing in gen straps. Not a Rolex fan as they are the enanthema of rep watches. Gen wearers must be sick of the fake accusations something you don’t get with any other brand. Here we go……..

ZF Black Bay Harrods – this is by far THE best NBWBIG I have ever had the privilege to own. The quality is just out of the park. Everything about it is perfect, everything. It is shown strapless as I have just ordered a gen black NATO for her just to take it to another level. Nothing wrong with the steel it came with but adding gen straps makes the experience complete.

GF Blancpain Bathyscaphe Blue – this watch is a thing of beauty and the quality GF have made this to is another watch in the NBWGIG territory. Even the rep strap is as good as it gets. From every angle this is an awesome watch that will catch the eye and get questions asked. Blancpain not on Joe Bloggs / John Doe’s radar so a bit of history behind the marque.

ZF Black Bay Bronze Grey – a watch bought because I am not a fan of gold watches but do like the bronze and the way it patinas. Not quite up to the level of the Harrods when it comes to NBWBIG class but non the less a looker and has a Nero distressed strap on the way as opposed to a gen (only because the gen NATO is like rocking horse droppings) Meanwhile it is kitted out with a Mansarea strap. 

GF Breitling SO 44 – GF really hit the button on this rep. It’s another that oozes quality and with the exception of the AR reflecting blue is as good as it gets. Gen rubber strap and buckle fitted to take this up to the required level. A Mary Special that was a no brainer.

GF Breitling Colt – Another from Mary’s  Specials board. Again GF hit the mark with this, the quality is obvious and yes, gen leather strap and buckle fitted to elevate it.

XF Panerai 111 – Everyone should have a 111 but the different factories vying for the ultimate 1:1 status is ongoing and it’s getting a bit like who makes the best sub. I’ve always found XF to be quality so when they released this a couple of months ago it was a no brainer at $250 and so I hit the internet again and got a gen PAM leather strap direct from Panerai and fitted the rep buckle.

VSF Omega GMT Tai Chi – what a stunner. VSF are THE go to factory for Omegas and this one keeps them up there. Doesn’t need a gen strap as the bracelet is top notch and the watch itself has proper GMT functioning, AR coating that makes it look glass free and eye catching ceramics.

ZF IWC Pilot Chrono IW377725 – This scratches both my IWC and white faced watch itches and again the quality is just out of this world. A7750 engined but the case, the crystal and everything else cements ZF as the best IWC factory. Wearing a gen croc IWC strap I have strayed from the gen by putting on a deployant buckle but otherwise another eye catcher 

XF Panerai 685 – Not in the picture as this is up with Rolie at the moment correcting an issue it has but as far as PAMs go it scratches my Radiomir itch. Not one I would invest a gen strap on but I have placed on a Mansarea Sea Snake leather which really does set it up 

• Like 10

Pesman

Nice collection...are tastes are so similar...I just have less restraint...may be a few possible additions about to be listed....

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Simonix

Very nice mate!

I agree on the Harrods. As you know yours was originally one of the two I bought recently (I kept one of them).  They are stunning, and after nearly buying a gen Tudor BB last year (tried several on in jewellers, etc), I genuinely couldn’t tell any difference in quality/feel. The ZF bracelet is also silky smooth. 

all this from me, a devoted Pam enthusiast?!?! Haha. 

• Like 1

BadApple
9 minutes ago, Simonix said:

Very nice mate!

I agree on the Harrods. As you know yours was originally one of the two I bought recently (I kept one of them).  They are stunning, and after nearly buying a gen Tudor BB last year (tried several on in jewellers, etc), I genuinely couldn’t tell any difference in quality/feel. The ZF bracelet is also silky smooth. 

all this from me, a devoted Pam enthusiast?!?! Haha. 

I spent some time yesterday with Cape Cod and scourer to get it ready for the Gen NATO - I do like the SS bracelet but BB's on NATO's look extra cool - it's taken over as my best ever and most favourite rep. My patience paid off. 

• Like 1

hasel5

very nice collection indeed must get me  ZF harrods edition

• Like 1

BravoDelta

All my favorite brands! Very nice BA :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Intresting

so after all the percolating through and flip flops this is the final distillation.   No Rollies but more than a nod to its stable sibling.  I am surprised not to see the IWC Big Pilot that you raved to me about in this line up.   It was a fantastic recommendation.    Wear it all in good health @BadApple

BadApple
4 minutes ago, Intresting said:

so after all the percolating through and flip flops this is the final distillation.   No Rollies but more than a nod to its stable sibling.  I am surprised not to see the IWC Big Pilot that you raved to me about in this line up.   It was a fantastic recommendation.    Wear it all in good health @BadApple

Not complete yet - need to get to the magic dozen to fill my box - Omega AT GMT Blue 43mm VSF is on my target list. Like the PAM1314 so toying between them two as my next one (TBH the Omega just pipping the PAM). V5 Pelagos Blue also just out and with 2824 movement so that takes me to 11 and final will be waiting for the mooted new Fiddy. Work has dropped off early this year and a December contract has been pulled on me so any additions will be 2021.

Pesman
Not complete yet - need to get to the magic dozen to fill my box - Omega AT GMT Blue 43mm VSF is on my target list. Like the PAM1314 so toying between them two as my next one (TBH the Omega just pipping the PAM). V5 Pelagos Blue also just out and with 2824 movement so that takes me to 11 and final will be waiting for the mooted new Fiddy. Work has dropped off early this year and a December contract has been pulled on me so any additions will be 2021.
Needs another manly Breitling!!

BadApple
1 minute ago, Pesman said:

Needs another manly Breitling!!

Ah ah - vested interest there Mr P !!!  

MAJ75

Sharp looking stable @BadApple, the Tudor Harrods Edition seems destined for a place in my collection too especially after the Red BB left my box earlier this year.

The white dialled IWC is also a refreshing change as most people have the darker faced references.

Thanks for sharing with the group.

NCRich

Nice and classy.  Hard to believe really........  :lol:

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

BadApple
3 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Nice and classy.  Hard to believe really........  :lol:

Thanks for sharing.

Me or my collection??? :D

Jonnybaws

Lovely!

NCRich
6 minutes ago, BadApple said:

Me or my collection??? :D

yes

• Like 3

Intresting
On 29/11/2020 at 20:08, BadApple said:

You getting so much more design wise with the AT GMT.     Do you see any appreciable improvements with the V5 Pelagos Blue to the v4?

Jibuti

Dibs for bronzo.... My right wrist is watch-free... Wearing same one today. 

Jibuti
23 hours ago, NCRich said:

yes

I know you are mod but please try to be Frank... Rich... 

• Like 1

CollieWobbles

Lovely collection BA :thumbsup2:

BadApple
42 minutes ago, Intresting said:

You getting so much more design wise with the AT GMT.     Do you see any appreciable improvements with the V5 Pelagos Blue to the v4?

The 2824 movement and not the Miyota whirligig !!!!

Intresting
48 minutes ago, BadApple said:

The 2824 movement and not the Miyota whirligig !!!!

I actually remember that!  I had a V3 that was noisy as.......  but looked great though.  Incredible lume...

Simonix

This collection has just been slashed this morning?!

Interested to see the "Incoming".......

• Like 1

Philiusmaximus

Nice collection mate. I think a Harrods black bay will be in the cards for me at some point in the near future.

I also have an XF 111. My first ever gen was a Panerai. I've had a gen Panerai Luminor Base and can hand on heart say the XF 111 is outstanding quality. I really don't buy into the whole Noob vs XF when both are so good.

Most people who argue the toss haven't had a gen on their wrist to compare it to. I'll not be shifting my XF any time soon.

Edited by Philiusmaximus

brang1

Lack of Rolex makes this collection all the more admirable- great quality collection- thank you for sharing 

Jackal5

Need to source the Harrods black Bay. Stunning. Great collection.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk