RussP

Genuine Watch Wrist Check for December 2020

Flinnt
5 hours ago, Buddhabar said:

Torino 2006...

... edition for the Torino Winter Olympics. This watch better in Italy than in Australia. :christmas3:

Every watch is better in Aus... and in my watch box.  

• Like 2

Intresting
7 hours ago, Buddhabar said:

Torino 2006...

... edition for the Torino Winter Olympics. This watch better in Italy than in Australia. :christmas3:

:)  Italy having a holiday in Australia

• Like 1

Buddhabar

@Flinnt

@Intresting

Guys of course I'm kidding. Each watch fits in the owner's place.  ;)

• Like 1

Flinnt

No worries @Buddhabar , I’m kidding too. I’d love to take a couple of my watches on a tour of Italy. If it weren’t for bloody coronavirus I was planning this Christmas in Switzerland and then onto Italy, with a little France and Germany thrown in. I like to escape the Aussie heat to snow covered places. 

• Like 2

MoveAlong

PXL_20201219_21234372326cca464166cbabb7.

• Like 7

RussP

47372605932_1d4e296754_b.jpg

• Like 6

Redfire1066

@MoveAlong ..a fabulous GS watch Sir .... :clap:

NFleischer
3 hours ago, Redfire1066 said:

@MoveAlong ..a fabulous GS watch Sir .... :clap:

Yes, agree! For me today;  CW Rapide Automatic

40375533813_25d6e09787_b_d.jpg

• Like 3

Intresting
8 hours ago, Buddhabar said:

@Flinnt

@Intresting

Guys of course I'm kidding. Each watch fits in the owner's place.  ;)

I would be happy in Italy, Tuscany, grazing on antipasto, pasta and drinking chianti while discussing watches.  :)

wishing for winter temperatures today... sigh

ZYc5Bv.jpg

• Like 6

Buddhabar
PXL_20201219_21234372326cca464166cbabb7.jpg
Wonderfull.

Buddhabar
No worries [mention=24370]Buddhabar[/mention] , I’m kidding too. I’d love to take a couple of my watches on a tour of Italy. If it weren’t for bloody coronavirus I was planning this Christmas in Switzerland and then onto Italy, with a little France and Germany thrown in. I like to escape the Aussie heat to snow covered places. 

Wow...good idea.
The best time would be in spring ... so from April to the whole of May. Italy enjoys good hospitality. But even in winter it is not bad especially in mountain places.
  • Like 2

Buddhabar
I would be happy in Italy, Tuscany, grazing on antipasto, pasta and drinking chianti while discussing watches. 
wishing for winter temperatures today... sigh
ZYc5Bv.jpg

If you come to Italy, Tuscany is very beautiful, as well as other regions including my Sardinia ... a very ancient land with great traditions. There will also be good cheese. Sardinian pecorino.
  • Like 4

Buddhabar

.ebbb43865f47870cab92790ee9d5338e.jpg

• Like 5

Redfire1066

@Intresting @Buddhabar  @Flinnt .... indeed  . .  one of the many greatly appealing joys of Italy . . is that it is not just a country .. .  .. it is wonderful way of life ...  :thumbsup:  ..you can't beat skiing over the Alps to and from Italy over bordering countries with the glorious sunshine beating down.. . .   . and the cold spring snows beneath you  . ..   and nothing like riding your motorcycle around San Marino, Turin, Milano  ..   and then bimble leisurely down to Rome :turtle:..   taking in a few lunches and beverages on the way :wine: . ..with not a care in the world ..  .  these days I am leaning more and more towards the positives of reincarnation  ... ..  which will allow me to live and experience life more often and for longer . .  . in all my favourite places     . .  with old friends and new friends ...  again ..  and again and again .. . . .  In this house here in Scotland   .. we say .  ... .    . .. ..  "one live live it"  ... :thumbsup2:

ZYg8p8.jpg

• Like 4

FelixS

ZYg4Gp.jpg

• Like 5

Redfire1066

ZYgv7t.jpg

• Like 6

Intresting
2 hours ago, Buddhabar said:

emoji7.pngemoji2956.png
If you come to Italy, Tuscany is very beautiful, as well as other regions including my Sardinia ... a very ancient land with great traditions. There will also be good cheese. Sardinian pecorino. emoji6.pngemoji3575.png

Sardinia!   Pecorino YES!   Roast suckling pig! Bottarga!  mmmm.   I that would be wonderful. 

• Like 2

WatchDog21

ZyDoPi.jpg

• Like 6

Buddhabar
2 hours ago, Redfire1066 said:

@Intresting @Buddhabar  @Flinnt .... indeed  . .  one of the many greatly appealing joys of Italy . . is that it is not just a country .. .  .. it is wonderful way of life ...  :thumbsup:  ..you can't beat skiing over the Alps to and from Italy over bordering countries with the glorious sunshine beating down.. . .   . and the cold spring snows beneath you  . ..   and nothing like riding your motorcycle around San Marino, Turin, Milano  ..   and then bimble leisurely down to Rome :turtle:..   taking in a few lunches and beverages on the way :wine: . ..with not a care in the world ..  .  these days I am leaning more and more towards the positives of reincarnation  ... ..  which will allow me to live and experience life more often and for longer . .  . in all my favourite places     . .  with old friends and new friends ...  again ..  and again and again .. . . .  In this house here in Scotland   .. we say .  ... .    . .. ..  "one live live it"  ... :thumbsup2:

ZYg8p8.jpg

Dear @Redfire1066
Your words seem almost a poem .... you can feel from afar that you know my country well. I have to congratulate you. Knowing other countries means being citizens of the world, without racial borders, without malice towards others and above all with respect towards others, regardless of everything. You Paul ... you are a citizen of the world, for what little I know of you.
Thank you so much. :Hug:

Sunset near my home.

dTqKjkz.jpg

• Like 2

Buddhabar
1 hour ago, Intresting said:

Sardinia!   Pecorino YES!   Roast suckling pig! Bottarga!  mmmm.   I that would be wonderful. 

Wow !!!! But do you know the specialties of my region? Unbelievable that on the other side of the world, anyone knows certain details. But were you here by chance? I ate the spaghetti with bottarga about 4 days ago ... the suckling pig will be cooked on the day of the nativity instead.
It is strange to me instead to think of a warm Christmas of 35 degrees ... ready on the beach to dive into the water. Or take a windsurf and play with the waves and the wind in that wonderful country of Australia.:diver:

• Like 3

BravoDelta

ZyHoAR.jpg

• Like 5

Flinnt
8 hours ago, Redfire1066 said:

ZYg8p8.jpg

I’m in! As we have discussed, skiing and motorcycling are great passions of mine. Eating Italian food is another. And drinking Italian beer. 
I would love to explore the border regions in the alps. 
Sitting here longing to be in snow again. 

• Like 2

Redfire1066

@Flinnt  ..  I share your pain ...:car:

RussP

My Dad's watch

50740759693_9ebd350a98_b.jpg

• Like 3

Intresting
8 hours ago, Buddhabar said:

Wow !!!! But do you know the specialties of my region? Unbelievable that on the other side of the world, anyone knows certain details. But were you here by chance? I ate the spaghetti with bottarga about 4 days ago ... the suckling pig will be cooked on the day of the nativity instead.
It is strange to me instead to think of a warm Christmas of 35 degrees ... ready on the beach to dive into the water. Or take a windsurf and play with the waves and the wind in that wonderful country of Australia.:diver:

Too long ago @Buddhabar Loved every minute of it.  We have a large italian population here too, so they make bottarga too.  Its amazing sliced on crackers too, with a crisp white wine.  So many cultures have suckling pig. Chinese, Philippines, etc,  The crackling... amazing.  :)  I also prefer Tampranillo to Sangiovese