RussP

Genuine Watch Wrist Check for December 2020

tribefan
37 minutes ago, Intresting said:

Too long ago @Buddhabar Loved every minute of it.  We have a large italian population here too, so they make bottarga too.  Its amazing sliced on crackers too, with a crisp white wine.  So many cultures have suckling pig. Chinese, Philippines, etc,  The crackling... amazing.  :)  I also prefer Tampranillo to Sangiovese

Nebbiolo for me. :) 

Zyh46Y.jpg

• Like 5

Buddhabar
20 minutes ago, Intresting said:

Too long ago @Buddhabar Loved every minute of it.  We have a large italian population here too, so they make bottarga too.  Its amazing sliced on crackers too, with a crisp white wine.  So many cultures have suckling pig. Chinese, Philippines, etc,  The crackling... amazing.  :)  I also prefer Tampranillo to Sangiovese

You are a gourmet. :thumbsup:

karam-cannonau-di-sardegna-rose-doc.jpg

karam-cannonau-di-sardegna-rose-doc.jpg

qt6LFLpLS6SNdgfajVTnHQ_150x200.jpg

• Like 3

NCRich

IMG-8445.jpg

• Like 6

fatarms

I need to clean up my workbench...

Zy2Nyp.jpg

• Like 6

RussP

50742103246_7e0b2d33f5_b.jpg

• Like 5

NCRich
9 minutes ago, fatarms said:

I need to clean up my workbench...

Zy2Nyp.jpg

I didn't know you had that.  Nice one.

• Like 1

fatarms
21 minutes ago, NCRich said:

I didn't know you had that.  Nice one.

This is the watch I wore for my wedding.  1983 Ghost 16750.  It was my wife's grandfather's watch and was faded and tropicalized the dial in the Texas sun for about 25 years.  He gave it to my wife when she was getting ready to go to college to sell and use to buy books.  She ended up holding on to it and gave it to me as sort of an engagement present.  I still have the original box and papers, along with the receipt as well (I think that's still in the box too?).  Still has the original matte tritium dial (no white gold outlines on the markers, those were put in during Rolex services.  I guess he never had it serviced.)

When I got it , the bracelet and crystal were scratched to hell.  I sent it to 10:10, he did a full service on the movement and replaced the crystal.  He refinished the case and bracelet.  As much as I love this thing on the bracelet, it is just so light and rattly.  I couldn't take it anymore so I moved it to a Nato strap.

And the funny thing is that this engagement watch is the one that got me into mechanical watches, then into reps, so this fucking watch is what got me into two messes :lol:  Kidding, I love both of the messes, even though they drive me nuts.

• Like 6

Intresting

ZyAp5E.jpg

• Like 6

RussP
2 hours ago, fatarms said:

This is the watch I wore for my wedding.  1983 Ghost 16750.  It was my wife's grandfather's watch and was faded and tropicalized the dial in the Texas sun for about 25 years.  He gave it to my wife when she was getting ready to go to college to sell and use to buy books.  She ended up holding on to it and gave it to me as sort of an engagement present.  I still have the original box and papers, along with the receipt as well (I think that's still in the box too?).  Still has the original matte tritium dial (no white gold outlines on the markers, those were put in during Rolex services.  I guess he never had it serviced.)

When I got it , the bracelet and crystal were scratched to hell.  I sent it to 10:10, he did a full service on the movement and replaced the crystal.  He refinished the case and bracelet.  As much as I love this thing on the bracelet, it is just so light and rattly.  I couldn't take it anymore so I moved it to a Nato strap.

And the funny thing is that this engagement watch is the one that got me into mechanical watches, then into reps, so this fucking watch is what got me into two messes :lol:  Kidding, I love both of the messes, even though they drive me nuts.

Send me either one..............

• Like 2

fatarms
26 minutes ago, RussP said:

Send me either one..............

:lol:

Redfire1066

ZyeK8Q.jpg

• Like 5

BravoDelta

ZyLgVo.jpg
ZyLckk.jpg

• Like 6

CollieWobbles
15 hours ago, fatarms said:

Cool piece and the history:thumbsup2:

• Like 2

RussP

My most expensive acquisition of 2020 and one that will probably be handed down to the next generation purely because of how unique it is:

50365390287_ced6f5a5e5_b.jpg

• Like 3

Flinnt

ZyoksE.jpg

• Like 4

fatarms

ZyoxdL.jpg

• Like 5

Intresting

good morning

ZyOD9j.jpg

• Like 4

brang1

After what has been a very long and depressing 6-8months where my beautiful collection of watches went to Zero- I am back- bought myself a Christmas Present - Rock on 2021 1-F5832-B4-04-F8-4-F5-C-A561-730-FFA128-

• Like 11

RussP

@brang1

Welcome back !!!!!!

• Like 1

brang1
1 minute ago, RussP said:

@brang1

Welcome back !!!!!!

thanks mate 

Flinnt
27 minutes ago, brang1 said:

After what has been a very long and depressing 6-8months where my beautiful collection of watches went to Zero- I am back- bought myself a Christmas Present - Rock on 2021 1-F5832-B4-04-F8-4-F5-C-A561-730-FFA128-

So good to see a great watch on your wrist again. Have a good Christmas and enjoy. 

• Like 2

BravoDelta

Zy1zDP.jpg

• Like 3

brang1
49 minutes ago, Flinnt said:

So good to see a great watch on your wrist again. Have a good Christmas and enjoy. 

Thanks mate- feels pretty damn good  

Have a great Christmas mate- I know it’s been a tough year for you too- a lot worse than mine -onwards and upwards old mate 

• Like 1

k3rm87
1 hour ago, brang1 said:

Great choice mate! 

I have never taken mine off the SS, this does look good!

• Like 2

Intresting
2 hours ago, brang1 said:

After what has been a very long and depressing 6-8months where my beautiful collection of watches went to Zero- I am back- bought myself a Christmas Present - Rock on 2021

Merry Christmas mate!  Its about time things are looking up!

• Like 1