OJHorology

What Your Watch Brand Says About You (shamelessly stolen post)

jowill923
On 01/12/2020 at 18:22, OJHorology said:

Zenith: You make half-hour long YouTube videos consisting of you chanting into the camera, “El Primero. El Primero. First Automatic. El Primero.“ You scoff at the JLC 751A as a rushed copy. Deep down, you believe the world is unjust, and fear your brand will never be properly recognized.

Brilliant hahaha.

As a Zenith owner I can relate </3

Edited by jowill923

GingerApple
Just now, jowill923 said:

Brilliant hahaha.

Thanks for quoting the seven thousand pages of previous post that I had to scroll through in order to read your awesome comment on it.

jowill923
36 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Thanks for quoting the seven thousand pages of previous post that I had to scroll through in order to read your awesome comment on it.

Very fair. Edited in response.

That'll teach me for trying to multitask and browse the forums whilst working. Apologies! :) 

GingerApple
40 minutes ago, jowill923 said:

Very fair. Edited in response.

That'll teach me for trying to multitask and browse the forums whilst working. Apologies! :) 

Good man!!!! That's what I like to see! I was kind of expecting you to tell me to fuck off.

Though now I'm the one wasting everyone's time..... :)

narikaa
5 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Good man!!!! That's what I like to see! I was kind of expecting you to tell me to fuck off.

A conditioned response according to Pavlov  :giggle:

• Like 2

Intresting
1 hour ago, jowill923 said:

Brilliant hahaha.

:ttiwwop:

markismyname

I love coming back to this post.

It's perfection.

Wahooooman

This post is certainly gold!  I guess im a senior citizen who wears hiking boots, and a secretary who aspires to be a pilot lol 

Horace Derwent
On 01/12/2020 at 19:22, OJHorology said:

Piaget: You claim that the Calatrava and Patrimony "smell of old man". You frequently end arguments with "yeah, but...thinest movement in the world." You cannot actually afford a Calatrava or Patrimony.

As a Piaget fan i laugh  at this....

Piaget has made  and currently produces jewellery watches that costs A LOT of money...Piaget is not only the 'thinnest movement' company , it's not only the Altiplano.

Edited by Horace Derwent

JesterMike

The Apple Watch hahahaha. Quality! But definitely earn nowhere near six figures lol Leaning alot more towards the secretary status.

FinbarrSaunders

My Oris watches are looking at me funny now.…I think I’ve gone down in their estimation. 

dreammakers
On 01/12/2020 at 13:22, OJHorology said:

There is no way in the world that a non Cuban-American from Miami wrote the Cuervo & Sobrino description  :D :pointlaugh:  :clap:

On 01/12/2020 at 13:22, OJHorology said:

You are a third generation Cuban-American named Jorge living in Buena Vista, Miami. You drink Bacardi Gold as you grill pulled pork at cookouts and play dominos with your Abuelo. You chose your Rubusto to honor your family, culture, and heritage. Secretly, you’re terrified that someone might find out your legal name is George - and that you speak no Spanish.

leonduchateau

Amazing how there’s actually some “truth” in all of these and how the brands managed to get these “truths”/perceptions in our heads 

Horace Derwent
On 27/09/2022 at 19:58, leonduchateau said:

Amazing how there’s actually some “truth” in all of these and how the brands managed to get these “truths”/perceptions in our heads 

How right are you ?

I always loved Brands, but nowadays it is so....i mean, do you have a Richard Mille ?Than you're a ****. Do you wear a Rollie ? So,  you are a xyz....

C'mon guys, they are Watches.

leonduchateau
15 hours ago, Horace Derwent said:

How right are you ?

I always loved Brands, but nowadays it is so....i mean, do you have a Richard Mille ?Than you're a ****. Do you wear a Rollie ? So,  you are a xyz....

C'mon guys, they are Watches.

Haha indeed it’s incredible… I recently took an interest in some Chopard watches but something holding me back is that I know very little about how they are perceived by most people :p

Pesman
Haha indeed it’s incredible… I recently took an interest in some Chopard watches but something holding me back is that I know very little about how they are perceived by most people
They are fine. Overpriced .... but fine....

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Horace Derwent
43 minutes ago, leonduchateau said:

Haha indeed it’s incredible… I recently took an interest in some Chopard watches but something holding me back is that I know very little about how they are perceived by most people :p

I love Chopard....anybody who is even slight into Watches should adore them.

The MilleMiglia,. the Happy Sport , the Luc Ulysses Chopard Collection....it is a TOP brand.

Chopard is one of the very few who has the  Poincon de Geneve 

Among the Geneva watchmakers who regularly submit their movements for the Geneva Seal certification are: Cartier, Chopard, Roger Dubuis, Vacheron Constantin, Louis Vuitton and Ateliers deMonaco.

27 minutes ago, Pesman said:

They are fine. Overpriced .... but fine....

Rare to find a Hi End Luxus Watch brand which is NOT overpriced....

I mean, Chopard makes watches at leasst in solid Gold and with MAnufacture Movements.....for me a PANERAI is way more overpriced.

leonduchateau

Thanks Horace, exactly what my feeling was as well :D  Quite likely that my next gen will be a Chopard

Horace Derwent
5 hours ago, leonduchateau said:

Thanks Horace, exactly what my feeling was as well :D  Quite likely that my next gen will be a Chopard

Thanks to you ! 

I'm only speaking the truth...Chopard is a really good and historic brand...very respected.

I mean, sometimes it seems that the only brands are Rolex, Panerai, and Omega.

Yawn.

yawning-britney-spears.gif

• Like 1

panstan9989

Still dying at Bell & Ross :Applause: