MAJ75

MAJ75's - SOTC 2020

MAJ75

Hi Forum Comrades,

I've loved seeing so many collection updates recently.

Nearly all of my photos from my old collection threads & photoshoots have bitten the dust, so it provided me with a good excuse to round-up how things are sitting in my watch boxes at the moment.

In totality my collection is relatively small with a sadly low amount of incomings/outgoings.

One thing that I do appreciate is that they do all get worn fairly regularly with 7-8 pieces in the primary rotation.

Next year I have a few things on the hit list: I'd love a Franken 16613 Bluesy & from the more modern stuff I might aquire a Nautilus, AP 15202 Royal Oak & a GMT Root Beer.

Gen wise - thinking hard about getting an IWC 3714 Portuguese, for me it's a design classic.

(NB - I know I'm a little Rolex heavy).

Anyway thanks for enabling/indulging me....

2020-Collect1.jpg

WatchguyUSA 1680 Build:

It's all about the faded insert & puffy lume, sadly doesn't make the regular rotation list...

1680.jpg

TC Rolex 16610LV

This was something I picked up right as I was starting out, it would be the last rep I would get rid of.

I wear it in the weekly rotation without fail & it remains in minty condition.

TCLV1.jpg

BP Rolex 16713 "Root Beer" or "Clint Eastwood"

Worn with aplomb by Clint in many of his iconic film perfromances including "Firefox" where it gets some good screen time. I was seriously considering getting a gen as they remain relatively in reach & I love the throwback style. This is the BP version that found its way into my possession via @hasel5.

RB1.jpg

ROLIE.jpg

Rolex 16713 GMT 2:

I was fortunate to procure this genuine piece a couple of years ago, I traded a couple of pieces & topped up in cash. I love wearing it, it is from 2004 & comes complete with box & all original paperwork, swing tags etc.

167131.jpg

Rolex 1016 Space Dweller:

A short lived project that Rolex did for the Japanese market to advertise achievements in space. I managed to secure this from top member @Chiruku it has an "InGod" dial which is just beautiful...

The sharp eyed amongst you will notice the ill-fitting bracelet, don't worry I am going to replace that with a genuine vintage one as funds allow.

SpaceD.jpg

Rolex 116500 Daytona Panda - ARF V2:

Real quality modern rep of a hard to find reference in gen format. I was never a Daytona fan generally (perhaps more the vintage references) but I do like the aesthetics of this design.

As it is looks over functionality with me I'm happy enough with ARF but Noobs replication of he 4130 movement is seriously impressive so hats off to them.

DAYT1.jpg

Rolex 1803 Day Date (Not in Group Shot)

Rounding of the Rolexes is my birth year 1803, I got so lucky with this one. Firstly I traded my 1978 Oyster Perpetual for a tidy profit against it, secondly it has all of the original boxes & paperwork from Christmas Eve 1974!

I woud like to eventually do the full "Tony Soprano" & add the president bracelet, but £5K is a bit rich for me at the moment for the band.

DD2.jpg

IWC.jpg

IWC 3714 Portuguese -ZF Slim Movement:

Ever since I got this I've worn it weekly, one of my all-time favourite designs that ZF reproduced in a NWBIG fashion...superb.

37141302.jpg

IWC 3714 "Jackie Chan" Edition:

Only 250 of these exist in the gen world, manufactured to promote the Jackie Chan Foundation. I love the contrast of the main dial/sub-dials with the rose gold case. I wear this for smarter occasions.

JC1.jpg

IWC 377721 Le Petit Prince Spitfire:

My fascination with the IWC Spitfire in rose gold came from Hugh Laurie wearing one in "The Night Manager" albeit the standard version. I was very close to pulling the trigger on that a few times but glad I waited as I love the blue dial on this one. It completes the IWC trio and is one of my most recent aquisitions.

SPIT11.jpg

PP.jpg

Omega Speedmaster Professional:

I'm a big fan of this iconic design, but to me this one has never felt that special..I can't put my finger on why. I am planning to trade it against a FOIS version in the future as I feel that I would be ultimately happier with that.

Speedy3.jpg

Vintage Patek Chrongraph (130/530):

This was a bizarre yet exciting one for the factories to rep, it has the Seagull ST-19 movement that is a real workhorse & very reliable. I wear this sparingly.

PP1.jpg

Heuer 7725S Chrono:

Another on the twin-register chrono vibe, I do like the classic design but it never seems to hit the rotation.

HEUER.jpg

Not Pictured In Group Shots - Breitling 81600 Navitimer:

A hand-wind traditional Navitimer from the late 80's that has the same Lemania 1873 movement as the Speedy Pro. I enjoy wearing this is part of the regular rotation.

navi.jpg

• Like 10

RussP

Sensational collection and photography.

Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.

Russ.

PS: If you tire of that Heuer chronograph..........please let me know.

NCRich

Cool.  So nice to see.  Pics are awesome.

lmvfernandes

Nice pics and collection, well done.

Howitzer

Tremendous collection @MAJ75. Excellent taste and superb photography as always  :thumbsup2:

Moondustesp

Ahhhhh maaaan! Love everything in your collection. 16613 Bluesy is a possible next on my franken hit list. We defo have similar taste.  That 1803!!!!  I have no words! Enjoy mate 

MAJ75
4 hours ago, RussP said:

Sensational collection and photography.

Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.

Russ.

PS: If you tire of that Heuer chronograph..........please let me know.

4 hours ago, NCRich said:

Cool.  So nice to see.  Pics are awesome.

4 hours ago, lmvfernandes said:

Nice pics and collection, well done.

4 hours ago, Howitzer said:

Tremendous collection @MAJ75. Excellent taste and superb photography as always  :thumbsup2:

4 hours ago, Moondustesp said:

Ahhhhh maaaan! Love everything in your collection. 16613 Bluesy is a possible next on my franken hit list. We defo have similar taste.  That 1803!!!!  I have no words! Enjoy mate 

Thanks for the kind words all, it hasn't changed radically but good to get it all documented again.

GingerApple

Wowsers, they're all lovely!!! Apart from the Rootbeer obviously, which should burn in the depths of hell; there's a reason the Gen is still within reach!

Cracking lot though.

OJHorology

@MAJ75 Amazing.

@Popperini if only you swindled your way into getting a Rolex box, you could do the same thing

• Like 1

paccbet

Always a pleasure to look at your collection. Every year it keeps getting better!

Btw I need that Heuer chrono :lol:

FunnyStarSystem

You're an admirer of gold, which is difficult to collect tastefully, but you seem to have done just that! The 3777721 (or however many 7's there are) is a favorite. Your gen GMT is very unique, love the bezel on that. Yeah, I wouldn't throw too many of these out of bed, well done :thumbsup2:

tribefan

Superb collection, thanks for taking the time to photo. Good luck on your IWC quest, that would be an excellent gen choice.

Flinnt

Nice. Thanks. 
The FOIS is a great watch I would also like to get, but in addition to my moonie not in replacement of. 

Jasonbaylee

Very premium collections!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAJ75
16 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Wowsers, they're all lovely!!! Apart from the Rootbeer obviously, which should burn in the depths of hell; there's a reason the Gen is still within reach!

Cracking lot though.

Your comment is probably well observed mate, the RB is polarizing for sure....

15 hours ago, OJHorology said:

@MAJ75 Amazing.

@Popperini if only you swindled your way into getting a Rolex box, you could do the same thing

Thanks for props mate.

15 hours ago, paccbet said:

Always a pleasure to look at your collection. Every year it keeps getting better!

Btw I need that Heuer chrono :lol:

Cheers Bud, slowly evolving but trying to focus on quality.

15 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

You're an admirer of gold, which is difficult to collect tastefully, but you seem to have done just that! The 3777721 (or however many 7's there are) is a favorite. Your gen GMT is very unique, love the bezel on that. Yeah, I wouldn't throw too many of these out of bed, well done :thumbsup2:

Thanks for the kind words mate, appreciated.

14 hours ago, tribefan said:

Superb collection, thanks for taking the time to photo. Good luck on your IWC quest, that would be an excellent gen choice.

Thanks Sir, thank god IWC isn't seeing Rolex level inflation so I can take my time.

14 hours ago, Flinnt said:

Nice. Thanks. 
The FOIS is a great watch I would also like to get, but in addition to my moonie not in replacement of. 

The FOIS has just been discontinued so we may need to move quickly bud.....

11 hours ago, Jasonbaylee said:

Very premium collections!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate.

• Like 2

nuvolablue

Some lovely pieces here@MAJ75. As ever.

Love the TC Kermit. Not surprised she's a keeper for you.

I see you still have the Space Dweller from@Chiruku. I think I still remember the day you just pipped me to the post on that M2M sale. She's a rare bird and a beauty.

Interesting to hear your thoughts on the Speedy which I very much share and am also constantly considering swapping mine for the more compact FOIS.

Love the pictures and the brief write up on each piece giving it that personal touch.

Enjoy them all in good health sir.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sn8k007

always loved the kermit but the panda is also quite eye catching

May have to take a look at some of the newer daytonas!

Thanks for sharing