tribefan

The Dress Box Collection

tribefan

Hi watch dudes and dudettes, been wanting to show off some of my brood as I read through all these awesome collection threads. Fascinating the different approaches you all take to acquiring these lovely specimens.

I really like these pieces, all of them. You all know how they all have a story, some more interesting than others. There are some pieces in here that I went on the hunt for, some that I stumbled across and a few that have been around a good while. I just wish there was more opportunity to wear them. Don't wear a suit sitting at my home office desk, but hey I'm not complaining either. I can see all of them pretty much any time I want. :)

First, the box itself. Got a smoking deal on this on eBay, like $65, used. Was like brand new when I got it. Heiden, superb quality, nice burl wood finish, cushion are really snug.

ZosQVY.jpg

And the watches......

ZospiD.jpg

ZF IWC 5007 - picked up this one after my 3714, just couldn't resist the gold numerals, white dial and PR. Immediately ordered a Martu strap for it.

ZosCpk.jpg

ZF IWC 3714 - This was one of the first pieces on the want list, and it stayed on that list a long time. Not totally in love with the strap but it is gen gator and way better than the rep band.

ZosXAJ.jpg

Gotta have a sweet dress Rolex right? This one does it for me. Love the thin side lines of this case and the grape just works. Said it was serviced, but I don't think so, runs pretty fast and I'll be damned if I can get the caseback off. I don't have the balls to do the NCRich screwdriver epoxied to it trick. It runs.

Zosd8P.jpg

ALS Datograph

These do not come around often and I was able to snag this one on M2M. Added a nice plain black croc to it, the watch should get all the attention here. Just wore this to a wedding, the only social function I've been to in 2020.

Zosk7W.jpg

Bréguet faux Tourby - This is a gate watch I paid $125 for, cuz it's all about the dial. This was my introduction to camel penis skin rep straps which promptly drove me to the nice bi-cushioned lizard skin beauty that is on it now. I can't imagine when I will get an opportunity to actually wear this one. If the PR worked on this, it would be a helluva watch. The way they fake the tourbillion on this is clever.

Zos4zS.jpg

Blancpain Villeret - Best bargain ever. $110 M2M from a really great dude on RWI, who was active over here for a while before I got here. Has pushers on the side instead of under the tabs, but works perfectly. Very tough to wind and set, has always been like that. Pushers make it super easy to set all the functions. Still have the rep strap on this one, gotta change that someday. 

ZosFrj.jpg

This is an oddball fantasy Glashutte Regulator. It's kinda like a Senator but not. I looked at every single Glashutte on Chrono one weekend, thousands of pictures, and did not see anything close to it. But got it from oascom works perfectly and a cool stingray strap.

ZosswL.jpg

Glashutte 60's - I bought this from Mary, one of the first reps I got from a TD. As soon as I saw one, had to have it. Color is awesome, numerals have that throwback look, blingy watch without the bling. Tough to photo, the camera likes to wash out the dial.

ZosuVR.jpg

Seiko Cocktail Time - This was the first Seiko I saw and had to get. After a cvp3 consultation, I waited awhile to get a smoking deal on it brand new. The PR is what hooked me. Already had the ziczac strap for another blue watch that it didn't match, prefer that over the patent leather.

Zos7i8.jpg

Borel Day Date  - I bought this at Lucky Plaza in Singapore, which is probably one of the worst places to buy a watch, but I was in the mood that day and liked it. It's gen, has swiss movement, nice dial. Darker blue in real life, not as purple as the photo.

ZosECK.jpg

The Florida Watch Co Speedway Club edition - Got this in the NASCAR days in Charlotte sometime in the late 90's, actually wifey got it for me as a Christmas present. Very cool watch, wore this a ton, easily more than any other watch I've owned. My oldest son has already claimed dibs on it.  Quartz, raised metal and enamel dial. 

ZosNGv.jpg

The Accutron Wedding watch - Wifey wanted me to get a Rolex and I wouldn't spend the dough. We put a down payment on a condo instead and cut the rent bill in half, a year later and we'd be buying a house to raise kids, so overall a much better choice. Quartz, small but elegant. Hardly ever wear it, but that's not really the point of this one.

ZosfL1.jpg

That's it! One of these days I'll get around to the box o' subs.

Cheers!

• Like 6

tribefan

It seems I haven't lost my touch. :)

paccbet

Very nice!

Mystery Shopper

Very nice, especially the IWCs. 

GingerApple

I'm just here so you don't feel (more) ignored.

• Like 1

tribefan

I broke out the Samsung NX30 and played around with various lighting setups.

This box is now full of divers. The dress watches have moved into the 15 slot wing. Here's what's in it now......

jTsyDc.jpg 

From the back row:

Tudor 7924, Ali case and been doctored up by Rich. Wears great, sets and winds a little funky which is traced back to the case. On a raffles rivet bracelet.

jTsnbb.jpg

Tudor Big Crown

Might not have even made one of these in blue, but is looks great, Tiger kit watch with a raffles dial. Have a couple of different Nero's for it.

jTsrQ5.jpg

Tudor Hydronaut

Love this one. His mates have been ignored and neglected since he came around.

jTstRF.jpg

Seiko Mod

This is the one Ginger scolded me for modding. It came out pretty nice, if you ask me.

jTsQht.jpg

Rolex 5512

This is a JKF Rich original built, then SCShrek and I got a hold of it. If you remove the back you can see the peanut butter fingerprints. But it's tight and runs great and the insert is to die for. I have the metal bracelet and leather straps, but rubber with a clasp is the best for this one.

jTsTI3.jpg

Omega America's Cup

Gate watch, but really like the bracelet and the dial and back are pretty good. Good summer watch.

jTsMfo.jpg

Here's the front six:

jTsFxR.jpg

ZF Tudor BB58

I've had about all of the black bay reps and always kept this one. They got the gold on the hands, dial and bezel right. On the original rep bracelet, but I wear a nato all summer.

jTuzJi.jpg

ZF Tudor GMT

This is the 22MM keeper. Date, GMT has it all.

jTuHWb.jpg

ZF Tudor Blue Bronze

One of my favorites that I sought out early. Has a gen 2824 thanks to @NCRich. Have all the rep straps for it, but the @TanGo are better than gen.

jTuKlp.jpg

Gin Clear Second Hour

Never heard of this until @brang1 offered it for sale, fantastic buy. Details on this watch stand up under magnification. And it's blue.

jTuhF5.jpg

Noob Omega PO 1948

Couldn't send PM fast enough when I saw this for sale. Really like this not so common rep.

jTuoaY.jpg

VSF Omega SMP300

As close as it gets to gen. Everyone should have one.

jTuqpD.jpg

OK, I'm burning out the clickpix code.

• Like 7

GingerApple
42 minutes ago, tribefan said:

Seiko Mod

This is the one Ginger scolded me for modding. It came out pretty nice, if you ask me.

So it did!

NCRich

Damn.  Bandwidth. Hip hop such a cool postie.

tribefan

Of the watches in the OP, the 3714-46 and the regulator are gone. In their place are these recent acquisitions:

jT7XXc.jpg jT7TII.jpg

FunnyStarSystem

^that JLC Master Thin Moonie is really spectacular, in a subtle way. Which is a dumb sentence to write but I'm sure you get me.

Missed this first time round, lovely dressy watches @tribefan! I haven't looked at the second box yet because I'm very jealous of your Glashutte, and might have just the right strap for the Blancpain, 20mm lugs correct?  And you're a fan of blue, let me go dig up what I'm referring to...

fatarms
1 hour ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

^that JLC Master Thin Moonie is really spectacular, in a subtle way. Which is a dumb sentence to write but I'm sure you get me.

Agreed.  I've looked over my watch box to see what I should sell to make room for a UTM, haven't made up my mind yet though.  And the gray or black would be the one I'd get.  I think.

Also, @tribefan I laughed audibly when I read "It seems I haven't lost my touch."  I remember reading that the first time.  And something about you being a thread killer or something :lol:

• Like 2

NCRich

Keep looking at this.

• Like 1

tribefan
1 hour ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

Missed this first time round, lovely dressy watches @tribefan! I haven't looked at the second box yet because I'm very jealous of your Glashutte, and might have just the right strap for the Blancpain, 20mm lugs correct?  And you're a fan of blue, let me go dig up what I'm referring to...

Thank you sir. The lugs on the BP are 23! I am in tango's queue for the Glashutte, BP and JLC. I have Mary searching for the gray Villeret with the pushers on the back. Also looked at the VC 56. Perpetuals have been my latest fetish.

• Like 1

Cap'n

Some absolute beauts in there. Congrats on a great collection. 

• Like 1

tribefan

Some proper pics of the IWC and OP.

jTG3Rs.jpg jTGzQ3.jpg

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem
16 hours ago, tribefan said:

Thank you sir. The lugs on the BP are 23! I am in tango's queue for the Glashutte, BP and JLC. I have Mary searching for the gray Villeret with the pushers on the back. Also looked at the VC 56. Perpetuals have been my latest fetish.

Yeah, I don't have any 23mm straps :D 

Wow, that's a larger watch than it looks - and a lug width even harder than 21mm to shop for, so of course Madame d'TanGo is the way to go!

paccbet
18 hours ago, tribefan said:

Of the watches in the OP, the 3714-46 and the regulator are gone. In their place are these recent acquisitions:

jT7XXc.jpg jT7TII.jpg

That Jaeger is hoooooot! 

• Like 1

APjumbo

Great collection 

The JLC and the Hydronaut really stand out, both very nice.