Howitzer

ZoEXTL.gif

paccbet

Damn those lugs are beefy!  But yes!

I'm too poor for the cal.321 

deju

Speedmaster, now with Daytona pricing strategy :lol: 

GingerApple

I'm struggling to see differences between the watches pictures and the pre-existing speedy :facepalm:

My eyes really aren't good for details!

Lovely though!

• Like 1

Figmo

The (vintage) force is strong with this one... I'd like one but yeah: the MSRP/RRP is stratospheric to say the least. 

I wonder whether Omega will also make sure demand greatly outstrips supply as with the Daytona, whether or not to a lesser extent...

deju
26 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I'm struggling to see differences between the watches pictures and the pre-existing speedy :facepalm:

Lovely though!

I presume; 

updated movement but put in a vintage style dial / hands and hesalite crystal. 

Same, but different :lol: 

k4jun
On 02/12/2020 at 13:47, TheGingerFerret said:

Lovely though!

So it's true then, wanking negatively impacts eyesight! :D

Now, both hesalite and sapphire dials do have a printed logo, new hesalite still has it printed, but the logo on a new sapphire is applied.
New hesalite is 13.58mm height, new sapphire is 13.18mm

Changes common for both;

- new bracelet, though it looks like a reinterpretation of a vintage speedy bracelet,

- DON bezel insert (dot over ninety) again it is a reinterpretation of the wanted vintage DON bezels (current bezel is DNN - dot next to ninety),

- new "step dial" plus new oval scale around the hour markers, new dial is like vintage dials - 1 second is split for 3 sections, current dials have it split for 5 sections,

- new case and hands, they have a shape of some older ones but I don't remember the reference number,

- new case back says "Flight Qualified by NASA for all Human Space Missions" instead of "Manned Space Missions".  That's interesting, not sure is because NASA is ready to send drones on the Moon, or just "manned" is no longer compliant with LGBT stuff :rofl:

- hands on chrono sub-dials are lumed,

- prices are up like %25.

ZoRLFb.jpg

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, k4jun said:

Now, both hesalite and sapphire dials do have a printed logo, new hesalite still has it printed, but the logo on a new sapphire is applied.

Can't see it (and don't like how it sounds).

The rest is poor BS to justify a crazy price hike.

It's lovely, but BS.

k4jun

Yes it is BS. Except the movement- a watch is nothing new. It will be interesting to see what will happen to the prices of pre-moon vintage speedies..

Intresting

have seen price adjustment already in the used market.  :)

FunnyStarSystem

Hesalite Glass = Oxy meets Morons

I hope you're not right about the Daytona strategy @deju  but it's starting to look that way :facepalm:

I better pick a up a gen before the skyrockets take flight.

Rx4Time

If I hadn't read all of the marketing related to it, I would have never guessed there was anything significantly different versus any other speedmaster professional.   Let them cause an artificial shortage it'll only bump up the secondary market more for vintage pieces.   Will this be made in tandem along with the existing speedmaster professional or is it a straight replacement?  

deju
29 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

Hesalite Glass = Oxy meets Morons

I hope you're not right about the Daytona strategy @deju  but it's starting to look that way :facepalm:

I better pick a up a gen before the skyrockets take flight.

Jump on one as soon as you can. I got mine for £1350. 

I whole heartedly don't blame omega for copying Rolex's strategy. The one area they won't copy will be allowing dealers to fake waiting lists. This has been a major swing point for Omega. 

Infact I think even Rolex know waitlists are damaging now and only serve the dealers (which is why they put pressure on Watches of Switzerland.  Truth is that in the £10k mark. That guy waiting on a Sub can be easily swayed into a Planet ocean. Get it right now. 

Further more look at the marketing. James bond wears an Omega now. Speedmaster went to the moon. Very strong selling points and with that whole Rolex sports watch money sitting in fake waitlists, they have chipped away at it. 

After time they realise; Hey the market buying Planet oceans for £4-5k, had £9k burning a hole in their pocket lets push up the price. Wait a min, Newmans rolex went for £18mil+ The speedmaster went to the moon....     

• Like 1

k4jun
1 hour ago, Rx4Time said:

If I hadn't read all of the marketing related to it, I would have never guessed there was anything significantly different versus any other speedmaster professional.   Let them cause an artificial shortage it'll only bump up the secondary market more for vintage pieces.   Will this be made in tandem along with the existing speedmaster professional or is it a straight replacement?  

Straight replacement, 311.30.42.30.01.005 and 311.30.42.30.01.006  are ceased as of 2021.

• Like 1

Simonix

I bought my Speedy Hesalite (with the moon landing collectors box, book, and other stuff - the same as Ginger bought from Del I believe) brand new from a high street jewellers for £3.2k, 6 years ago.

It seems that the new "equivalent" is nearly double!?

I appreciate that mine will have gone down in value, as it's now second hand, but I am fairly sure it will start to rise again, the older it gets....

By the way, I quite like the look of the new bracelet, apart from that, not a lot of differences. Nice to have a "Master chronometer" with silicon balance spring in there now though....

Kernow

I bought mine new in 2014, from memory it’s an 1861 movement. I paid £2600 for it I think - about 10% discount was all I could manage. Would I go for a new one; no chance at those prices. The Speedy is one watch where older is ‘better’ (better being more desirable). 

tonyh7

Based on the picsI don’t like it. The case is horrible. It looks like the bastard offspring of a real speedy and a shit tag. 

nunu78
On 02/12/2020 at 10:17, Simonix said:

I bought my Speedy Hesalite (with the moon landing collectors box, book, and other stuff - the same as Ginger bought from Del I believe) brand new from a high street jewellers for £3.2k, 6 years ago.

It seems that the new "equivalent" is nearly double!?

I appreciate that mine will have gone down in value, as it's now second hand, but I am fairly sure it will start to rise again, the older it gets....

By the way, I quite like the look of the new bracelet, apart from that, not a lot of differences. Nice to have a "Master chronometer" with silicon balance spring in there now though....

Here In US the same set can be bought from Jomashop for $4900.

VSF man up and give us proper speedy rep.

• Like 2

GingerApple
2 minutes ago, nunu78 said:

VSF man up and give us proper speedy rep.

I really think they're going to!!!! I have zero insight btw, but I think it's a no brainer. They've just smashed out a very good looking 2020 Submariner with clone movement - it took them what, a few months! If that's worth doing (with all the competition they'll inevitable have), how worthwhile would it be to make the only decent Speedy on the market? Very!

jcagara08

the cartel and the rep factories need to get their brains together in releasing a proper rep for a speedy,

VSF we are counting on you, also MKS/MKF

Nice share @k4jun

Foxindebox

“Human space missions”.... ffs :facepalm:

deju
2 hours ago, jcagara08 said:

the cartel and the rep factories need to get their brains together in releasing a proper rep for a speedy,

VSF we are counting on you, also MKS/MKF

Nice share @k4jun

Took noob over 2 years to make the Daytona clone. Hope you can count to a large number 

Rx4Time

This^^^

They will only go through the cost of developing an Asian clone if they perceive the market demand will justify it.  The speedmaster is not as popular in Asia as it is here in the US and Europe.  I will not argue there is a demand, however I do not know if there's enough demand for them to go through the expense when they have a readily available movement (Venus 75) which is well regarded, very robust and reliable, and passibly close in function and layout.  I gave up and took the plunge about 2 years ago and just bought a genuine since I knew in my heart it would be years if ever before I saw a decent superclone.  

Flinnt

Yeah I came to the rep forums with the idea if there’s a good rep of my grail moony then I don’t have to spend gen money...and less than a year later bought the gen as I don’t see a good clone movement coming anytime soon. 
And I got addicted to buying reps of models that are done well. Way to go on saving money, hey? :facepalm:

• Like 2