deano19980

Losing time

GenTLe

Ok :) You never stop to learn. (I still think it's due to the crappy 7750 tho... But happy for the OP if it's not) :)

• Like 2

deano19980

Received the demagnetiser yesterday. And thanks to@Wires for his advice the watch has corrected itself and has kept its time all day. Can't thank everyone enough for their input.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

• Like 3

GingerApple

Yeah, well done Wires, wish I'd thought of that :rofl:

Bunch of cunts.

Glad the watch is sorted :thumbsup2:

• Like 3

Wires
8 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Yeah, well done Wires, wish I'd thought of that :rofl:

Bunch of cunts.

Glad the watch is sorted :thumbsup2:

It was at that point you realised people really do just ignore your posts:thumbsup:

• Like 2

deano19980
It was at that point you realised people really do just ignore your posts
My deepest apologies, I've messaged you with thanks for your input, and yes "I didn't see it".

• Like 2

J!m

Glad it worked!

I was going to comment that you are not going to gain 75 minutes a day with the regulator...

• Like 1

GenTLe
11 hours ago, deano19980 said:

Received the demagnetiser yesterday. And thanks to@Wires for his advice the watch has corrected itself and has kept its time all day. Can't thank everyone enough for their input.

Good, lucky man. But remember, it's still a 7750 with problematic transfer gears. So maybe better not to use it as everyday watch :)

• Like 1

deano19980

Understood, good shout! Thanks.

deano19980

Evening all, back again for some trusty advice!!!

The A7750 daytona secs@6 is now losing time when worn?

If I hand wind it, give it a little shake then leave it sitting on its own, not moving it, it will run for approx 20 hours losing about a minute. But if I hand wind, give it a shake and wear it, it loses 30 mins in 2 hours.

Please help, this watch has gone from one extreme to the other....

Piloten

Oh, I saw the title and thought it was a thread about Trump.

Er

Never mind.

Jibuti
3 hours ago, Piloten said:

Oh, I saw the title and thought it was a thread about Trump.

Er

Never mind.

threads about Trump are usually in Scams section...

J!m

Positional error. Could have many causes.  

That won’t be cheap to fix. A lot of time is needed to properly address error like that, on any watch. 

If you have a watchmaker in the area, they might take it as fill work, or not want to touch it. Repair cost (time) will exceed the watch value. Someone learning might want to try for you. 

Budget a new movement and see if someone can swap it for you if you don’t find another solution. 

• Like 1

GingerApple

Just try sitting very still when you wear it.

Hope this helps.

• Like 3

deano19980

Thanks, you won't believe how
p!ssed off I am, you think you know someone then you get scammed.

As you married men will understand, I'm getting it in the neck for wasting £400 just before Xmas.

I now have 3 options,

Waste £400 and scrap it

Spend £X on changing movement or finding a watchmaker that will fix it

Or asking on the forum if anyone would source or sell me a decent one.

Please help!!!!!98c626848ec0bbd630bb80a31392eba6.jpg

GenTLe

Mate, as I told you from the start, that's a bad movement. You replace it with another one like that, and it will fail too. It lacks jewels on the transfer gears, this means that after some time the friction between the pivot of the transfer gears and the metal plates will be simply too much and the movement will stop working. No matter how much you fiddle with that. 

Quoted from an old thread: "The running seconds transfer gears are crudely fashioned, with wheels that just revolve around press-fit pivots. This design lends itself to a higher friction load which, coupled with the inevitable A7750 dirt and grit, can eventually just freeze the movement up (more friction than the geartrain can overcome). Another common problem is that the pivots could actually come loose, leading to misaligned or dislodged transfer gears. So historically these movements, straight from the factory, kept poor time (extremely affected by position) or just stopped altogether."

By the way the movement is like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001817548933.html

• Like 1

SteveA

Did you buy this from a TD on here ?

Did you post anything prior to buying it or did you buy a pup then join for help ?

If it’s a TD on here after you joined you should approach them and a mod to assist ,they may offer a solution.

If it’s not a TD on here you are down to goodwill of members on here to provide advice if they wish.

You could appeal to Rolie a member on here who does repair work,he us very busy,chooses his work wisely and may not work on this 7750.

As far as £330 being down the shitter,that’s bad but unfortunately many of us have been in a similar position .Its one of the risks we take when buying snide gear.

• Like 1

Rx4Time

I know this is not what you want to hear, but I would not throw any money into that particular watch.  Even if you have a watchsmith service it you still have a movement that is well known to be unreliable.  I've been down the path you're heading years back.  I had one of those fully serviced at a cost of about $250, and then I was afraid to wear it much because of its notorious lack of reliability and all the issues I had prior to it being serviced.  I ended up selling it in the member to member section and took quite a hit.  Get the ARF or noob 4130 superclone and move on.  You can probably get it regulated so that it's a little more accurate but ultimately your issues are probably related to that transfer gear train.  

Try this.  Fully wind it by hand turning the crown at least 40 to 60 times.  Leave it sitting upright for a day after setting the time versus a known accurate source like time.gov.  The next day wind it fully again, set the time again against time.gov and leave it sitting face down for 24 hours and see if there's a significant variance in the gain or loss with dial-up versus dial-down.  You can also do the same thing with it sitting on its side crown up and crown down as well.  This at least gives you a better feel for how much the watch is gaining or losing and if there is a position that it's having an issue with specifically or if it's the movement of your arm that's causing it.   Remember a properly functioning movement (A7750) cannot be overwhelmed so do not worry about damaging it by winding it too much.  You want it fully charged to see how well it's gaining or losing. 

• Like 1

Rx4Time

If all else fails, You can always sell it in member to member for parts to someone who can use it, and then purchase the exact same model from ARF or noob from a trusted dealer.   It's highly unlikely that your wife would notice the difference in thickness and then you'd have a reliable watch and you wouldn't have taken a complete loss on it

tenorw6289959e7cf49f9e.gif

• Like 2

deano19980

Thank you to all for your advice, deep down I think I knew it was a lost cause, just needed the kick up the arse!

Up for sale it is then.

From what I have researched this morning ARF are coming out on top?

And just for info, it wasn't a trusted TD on here, doubt very much that would happen, it was from a source I had used before but he must have changed supplier, and now isn't answering my messages.

You live and learn!

Thanks again

GenTLe
4 hours ago, deano19980 said:

And just for info, it wasn't a trusted TD on here, doubt very much that would happen, it was from a source I had used before but he must have changed supplier, and now isn't answering my messages.

It would have happened in a similar way: these pieces with crap movements are still on sale also in the TDs web sites, sometimes on sales too... You need to know what you're choosing before as TDs will not protect you against models with problems...

• Like 2

Jibuti

you need bigger "help" sign!  @deano19980

GLWB               tenor.gif?itemid=11498319

• Like 1

deano19980

If I could increase the size of the font I'd plaster it all over!!!!!

So am I better purchasing an ARF 4130 from a TD on here?

SteveA
25 minutes ago, deano19980 said:

If I could increase the size of the font I'd plaster it all over!!!!!

Yes at least you have some come back via mods but also TDs are proven good guys on the rep scene

• Like 1

Flinnt
3 hours ago, deano19980 said:

Just so you’re aware, the ARF isn’t a 4130 clone and the chrono subdials don’t work. If you want the 4130 clone with operating subdials then Noob is the only factory that has them. 
Yes you should buy from a TD on here. It’s extremely unlikely they will cause you any problems and mods on here can help you sort it out with them if there were. But make sure you always know the inherent problems with any watch you order in future as that’s not the TDs fault and no one can help you for ordering a watch with an inherent issue that you failed to research. (Like if you order the ARF Daytona and then complain the chrono subdials don’t work). 

• Like 2

deano19980

I get that, research is key!!

Learnt my lesson there, £400 later. I've read a few ARF vs Noob and ARF seem to come out on top 9 times out of 10 for closer to gen, is that correct or am I looking in the wrong places?