processengr

DG2813 with issues

processengr

Hi all,

My new Gate toy with DG2813 w/o date complication ... has stopped working already...hour hand binds at 11 and backwards at 2.... sounds like date complication is somehow the problem....any suggestions where to start? If I force it in manual, the hour hand slips on the pinion....

Simonix

Without taking the movement out, and checking to make sure the dial/hands aren't touching, etc, not much else to do.

2813 movements only cost about $15 on Ali, and as you know Gate reps are cheap anyway...

NCRich
12 minutes ago, Simonix said:

Without taking the movement out, and checking to make sure the dial/hands aren't touching, etc, not much else to do.

2813 movements only cost about $15 on Ali, and as you know Gate reps are cheap anyway...

$15 2813 movements should be left on Ali.  They wind like sand.  $25ish generally from Allwatchparts in the US.  Much superior.  Not worth fixing unless you just want to.  I usually want to :lol:

More than likely an obstruction with the sec hand.  Pull it out and bend the sec hand down.

I change my vote.  Remove all the date set shit.  Its pretty fragile.

Here is the piece that fails, usually by changing the date from 10-2.

keyless.jpg
keyless.jpg

• Like 2

processengr
On 02/12/2020 at 11:29, NCRich said:

$15 2813 movements should be left on Ali.  They wind like sand.  $25ish generally from Allwatchparts in the US.  Much superior.  Not worth fixing unless you just want to.  I usually want to :lol:

More than likely an obstruction with the sec hand.  Pull it out and bend the sec hand down.

I change my vote.  Remove all the date set shit.  Its pretty fragile.

Here is the piece that fails, usually by changing the date from 10-2.

keyless.jpg
keyless.jpg

@NCRich Can these be removed without disassembling entire movement? I have movement out and datewheel off. 

NCRich
10 hours ago, processengr said:

@NCRich Can these be removed without disassembling entire movement? I have movement out and datewheel off. 

Sure, take the three screws off the cover.  Lift it and the DW off and you will see this.  This gives you the info.

• Like 1