Bill_C

JKF Bezel Slimming

Bill_C

I have spent hours trying to find a post about cartel bezels being too thick and needing to be put on a diet. I have no idea where I read it so I'm asking here:

Does anyone remember seeing a thread about sanding down the underside of the bezel to reduce the overall thickness? Not the insert... the actual bezel.

The thread had pictures of the cartel side by side a gen and, while not excessively thicker, I could see the reason why someone would slim theirs down a hair. I think they mentioned the target thickness (which can't be much because there isn't much material available to shave).

If I can't find it then I'll skip the mod as I don't think I could tell the difference on wrist... but if I can find the info then I might as well give it a shot while everything is disassembled. I just don't want to over do it and ruin it, hence the target thickness I could measure for before diving into it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Figmo

Could this be the information for which you've been searching?

10 things you can do with a Cartel/JK 5513 Sub

On a side note, I'm starting my own JKF/Cartel mods and will be following the many tutorials I've been reading. I won't hijack your thread by posting a link here but it is easy to find here on RWG.

Bill_C

Thanks@Figmo that is exactly the one I was looking for. I could have sworn there were specs on thickness but I can still work with that.
Looking forward to seeing your project. Feel free to post the link here. The more we can share experience and tips, the better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Figmo

Sure Bill, ask and ye shall receive: My First Submariner Project. Watches just landed yesterday so the fun has already begun.

Looking forward to your bezel slimming and other modding adventures! When I have a moment I'll take a set of calipers to my Ginault Ocean-Rover bezel and compare to the cartel version; the former may not be precise for a vintage 5513 or 1680 but IMHO I bet any minor differences won't be obvious especially on the wrist.