Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

Robert made me do it (make a new pearl)

MikeMcNair

So, Robert made a comment in my "the dssd was in water" thread. The pearl I had was filthy, and frankly got ruined by nailpolish remover while painting the bezel numbers. So, during dinner with the family, I RE painted the numbers, took out the whole pearl, polished and stripped it, and re limes and sealed it. Pix say it all. Now it does look like a small piece of glass :) oh, and Robert, it's WHITE again(and glows blue of course)

7d7abfd9.jpg

b6f9dc64.jpg

e3ae0aaa.jpg

6aa54e4b.jpg

0377c7b3.jpg

Now, I also painted the numbers and triangle on the bezel insert AND touched up my ska lume job. (it was perfect, but while the dial was exposed, I made sure all surfaces of lume were level, and trimmed the the extra hypo cement off the 6 and 9 markers. It was perfect, don't get me wrong, I just touched it up a little :) )

boneyjr

good work!

MikeMcNair

Thank you sir, I think it lookS ok.

Balad1

Nice pearl Bro!

MikeMcNair
Nice pearl Bro!

¡Gracias Ted!

me encanta la perla de Ted, y creo que se ve muy bien. es uno de mis mejores de la historia, y mi madre y mi padre pensó que puse vidrio en su interior

Greenhat
Nice pearl Bro!

¡Gracias Ted!

me encanta la perla de Ted, y creo que se ve muy bien. es uno de mis mejores de la historia, y mi madre y mi padre pensó que puse vidrio en su interior

trabajo muy bueno mi amigo

MikeMcNair
Nice pearl Bro!

¡Gracias Ted!

trabajo muy bueno mi amigo

¡gracias!

HWG

Nicely done, yet again.... dont forget you need to get those scratches out of my PO one of these days.... :)

MikeMcNair
Nicely done, yet again.... dont forget you need to get those scratches out of my PO one of these days.... :)

Sí, David, voy a hacer el suyo cuando me reparar el otro que tengo que hacer. que será el día para quitar los arañazos, y usted sabrá cuándo es.

bklynboy
So, Robert made a comment in my "the dssd was in water" thread. The pearl I had was filthy, and frankly got ruined by nailpolish remover while painting the bezel numbers. So, during dinner with the family, I RE painted the numbers, took out the whole pearl, polished and stripped it, and re limes and sealed it. Pix say it all. Now it does look like a small piece of glass :) oh, and Robert, it's WHITE again(and glows blue of course)

Now, I also painted the numbers and triangle on the bezel insert AND touched up my ska lume job. (it was perfect, but while the dial was exposed, I made sure all surfaces of lume were level, and trimmed the the extra hypo cement off the 6 and 9 markers. It was perfect, don't get me wrong, I just touched it up a little :facepalm: )

That pearl look perfect!

Also like the red second hand, that could look good on any watch, even mine....

Edited by bklynboy

MikeMcNair

Thanks pete!

I could do yours while I have it. It's gonna cost ya tho!!!! :insert evil laugh here:

I do red second hands on EVERY thing, it's an old Motorsports reference and with my driving history I like to always have a reminder :kenny:

bklynboy
Thanks pete!

I could do yours while I have it. It's gonna cost ya tho!!!! :insert evil laugh here:

I do red second hands on EVERY thing, it's an old Motorsports reference and with my driving history I like to always have a reminder :kenny:

sounds fair

btw - i found the second hand for the pilot in a bag with some mounts and mailed to you today

nice work!

gtwc

As Always MM, nice work, nice explanations, nice pics & muy bueno translation !!!

Congrats.

MikeMcNair
As Always MM, nice work, nice explanations, nice pics & muy bueno translation !!!

Congrats.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm almost fluent in Spanish, can type it better that speaking it tho. When I was in Spain a few years ago I was the only one in the group that could talk to the locals :kenny:

And thanks pete!!!

ImWatchingYOU

Great job mate, did you finally have your dinner later? :kenny:

MikeMcNair
Great job mate, did you finally have your dinner later? :kenny:

Lol yup, at like 3 am (I'm an insomniac) thanks for askin :D