Pgomfer

Is this a scam? Need your help.

Pgomfer

Hi,

I’m on the search of a Paul Newman 6241 PN replica and found out about this web page: replicaluxurywatches, look at the model on the web page.

I cant find opinions or customer reviews about the company on the internet to detect if they are scammers. 

Can someone go through the link and take a quick look at the products and payment method and give me his/her opinion?

Prices on all watches are pretty similar. Also they offered me a 15% discount if I chose to pay through bank transfer.

They also have two same web pages:

Replicaluxurywatches

NewYorkluxurywatches

I’m a student and would not like to lose ~$300 because of a scam.

I sign up to this forum bc I saw here are people who know much more about this topic than me and have therefore more experience.

thank you all again for your help!!

appreciate it :)

Edited by Pgomfer

Popperini

It's not a TD. The photo is of a gen. It's $100 more than you should be paying. You'll get (if you're lucky enough to get anything) a JKF/Cartel watch which has the subdials in the wrong size/position - because that's currently the only option available for a factory made 4-digit PN Daytona on a budget. 

The best place to buy one of the budget Daytonas is here:

$200 for any of the SS models. M is a great TD to deal with.

• Like 2

BadApple

Christ - remove the link to the dodgy site.

Only buy watches from our trusted dealers.

SteveA
36 minutes ago, Popperini said:

It's not a TD. The photo is of a gen. It's $100 more than you should be paying. You'll get (if you're lucky enough to get anything) a JKF/Cartel watch which has the subdials in the wrong size/position - because that's currently the only option available for a factory made 4-digit PN Daytona on a budget. 

Looks like that link is 6 years old things probably changed by now

deju

Remove the link. 

Popperini
5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Looks like that link is 6 years old things probably changed by now

I've bought two Daytonas and three Subs from M this year, all at the same price stated in his special offer threads. I've recommended M to plenty of other members who have also recently bought Cartel watches from M at these prices, for instance @Figmo

The offers are still running.

Pgomfer
1 hour ago, Popperini said:

I have deleted the link as you all said. Didn´t know it was wrong, sorry guys. 

What means TD?

BadApple
3 minutes ago, Pgomfer said:

What means TD?

Trusted Dealer  - READ THE NEW MEMBERS SECTION BEFORE MAKING ANY MORE POSTS !!!!

Popperini
3 minutes ago, Pgomfer said:

What means TD?

TD = "Trusted Dealer". There's an RWG Trusted Dealers tab at the top of the page.

BravoDelta
18 minutes ago, Pgomfer said:

What means TD?

BadApple

ZYdFNJ.png

Pgomfer
2 hours ago, Popperini said:

That´s why I asked the dealer for more photos of the replica I´m about to purchase and got these ones: 

1. https://pin.it/32DvcoW

2. https://pin.it/6YYZHk5  

Looks good to me.

Pgomfer
5 minutes ago, BadApple said:

ZYdFNJ.png

I did now. Sorry for the mistake. 

7 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

Thanks!! 

Edited by Pgomfer
I did not know. Sorry

Devil

BadApple should be the face of RWG with the amount of new comers he directs to the new members section :D 

Popperini
17 minutes ago, Pgomfer said:

That´s why I asked the dealer for more photos of the replica I´m about to purchase and got these ones: 

1. https://pin.it/32DvcoW

2. https://pin.it/6YYZHk5  

Looks good to me.

Sounds like you didn't need any advice then. Look forward to seeing pics of your Daytona when it arrives.

• Like 1

Jibuti
1 hour ago, BadApple said:

Trusted Dealer  - READ THE NEW MEMBERS SECTION BEFORE MAKING ANY MORE POSTS !!!!

Leave poor student alone fucker. He must go to school... 

Pgomfer
32 minutes ago, Popperini said:

Sounds like you didn't need any advice then. Look forward to seeing pics of your Daytona when it arrives.

Don´t understand me wrong, I was just giving my thoughts, you obv know more than me and need/appreciate your advice.

Why is it so difficult then to find a good replica with subdials in the correct size/position? It's frustrating:cry:

tribefan
15 minutes ago, Pgomfer said:

Don´t understand me wrong, I was just giving my thoughts, you obv know more than me and need/appreciate your advice.

Why is it so difficult then to find a good replica with subdials in the correct size/position? It's frustrating:cry:

Because the movements they use to build the reps are based on "standard" ETA movements, not the movements that were in the originals. Same for the Speedmaster. It would be way too expensive to recreate those original movements for aa rep watch.

Figmo

It's because of the lack of availability of inexpensive mechanical chronograph movements with the correct configuration and spacing of the sub dials. The makers therefore design a dial to fit the movements to which they have access. 

Also, don't misinterpret the "tough love" you've gotten in this thread. We're trying to keep you from losing your money on junk or worse yet, on receiving nothing at all. Please do resume reading on the "new members" section, then through the Rolex Daytona threads in our reviews section. To preemptively help keep you from making another n00b error, never ask this question: "What is the best replica?" "Best" is something only YOU can decide based on YOUR tastes and YOUR budget. Read up on them and then ask questions like "I want a Newman Daytona but am trying to decide between <factory 1> and <factory 2>. The most important features to me  are..." Think of it like car shopping: one person couldn't care less whether it has heated seats and heated steering wheel, while a different buyer won't even consider buying any car without those features.

On the bright side, you have avoided making the worst possible n00b error, which would have been to send payment, lose your money, then come here saying "I've been scammed (by a non-TD); please help." We can't help anyone with that (other than encouraging the unwitting victim to share info in the scammers section).

Simply put: before asking, just make sure through searching the forums that you're not asking any questions that have already been answered dozens of times, and you're good to go.

Edited by Figmo
  • Like 4