tribefan

Omega VSF Aqua Terra Ryder Cup Limited Edition 150M

tribefan

Didn't see any threads on this particular version and it is definitely review worthy. Saw this next door and figured it would fly thinking I had successfully saved myself another watch purchase. But two days later the seller was cutting the price and I was done.

This one has been worn, but it is anything but worn. Watch head is in superb shape, the SS bracelet is still in the plastic shrink wrap and the design of the canvas strap does a really nice job of hiding wear.

41MM, 43.5 w/crown.

48MM lug to lug

14MM case thickness

Date set flips the hour hand, so not a sick date set, but moves a lot faster than, say, a PAM GMT.

VSF is just really nailing it. Here's the gen:

se_at_rydercup_23110422102005_vuec_large

se_at_rydercup_23110422102005_caseback_l

Dial looks amazing. Golf ball dimples are perfect, anodized markers shine, gold brand is an eye catcher with red print that pops.

Z12I9R.jpg

Z12yZK.jpg

Back is equally impressive, barrel one and two spot on, black balance wheel and the deco is just gorgeous. IRL and under a mag lamp, the finish glistens and catches light like mad.

Z121qv.jpg
Z128U4.jpg
Z129X1.jpg
Z12nxj.jpg

Design of the strap is well thought out. Canvas is all the visible areas with rubber where it meets the deployant. I compared this to my America's Cup gate watch (which I like and is comfy) and what a huge difference. Strap slides easily through, pin seats perfectly and just a quick pinch and it is seated. The rubber on the gate watch is hard with a higher percentage of plastics, just barely fits the deployant slot and is not only a pain to pinch into place, but also risks fraying the nylon. Much higher VSF quality here.

Z12lni.jpg
Z12rQI.jpg
Z12tRc.jpg
Z12QhX.jpg
Z12psb.jpg
Z12PZp.jpg

Z12TI5.jpg

Like this one very much. I've had my eye on a Ryder Cup and didn't realize there were a few versions of it. I'll get some better photos of it up in a bit. My photographer is busy playing vintage xbox games. :)

Great golfing watch, especially for me as I might go out a couple / few times a year. Spectacular replication on this one. Just can't beat a VSF Omega right now.

• Like 2

tribefan

The commissioned shots. I had to trade a lockdown Dad barber cut for them. I once dated a hairdresser and I own the barber shears.

Z1AL6X.jpg Z1Aevi.jpg Z1AUjb.jpg Z1AA2c.jpg

• Like 2

paccbet

VSF is really killing it in the game! 

Buddhabar

What a gorgeous piece! VSF with Omega is flawless,

BravoDelta

Congratulations Just like owning the gen that one!

NCRich

Very nice!  I like that dial.

• Like 1

Jasonbaylee

Great purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RLR267

Thx for the review.  I am about to pull the trigger on a VSF Grey if it is in stock with a TD.  I tried on a gen at the store this morning and was debating on just paying the freight for the gen, looks and feels so good on the wrist, plus they offered a 20% discount, 12 months finance at no interest, it was a little hard to leave without the watch.  But this review really helps me feel better about buying a Rep and I can always go get the Gen later.