nodigital

PAM strap pin problem

nodigital

PAM Luminor Marina, bought years ago from Silix and from new had problems with loose screw pins for the strap.  Tightened them up and they rapidly came lose.  One day I had the bright (Now very dim) idea that I could add a tine drop of thread lock to them and yup, solved the problem.   Came to change the strap and that thread lock has turned into stud lock.   I couldn't unscrew them, eventually stripping the screw heads.  Had to cut the old strap, dremel cut the barrels and pins then try to remove the stuck part of the pin with plyers.   Didnt work and instead sheared off the pin at where the thread starts which has left me with a big problem.

With a regular springbar in the new strap  it wont hold. its fine for a time but the springbar moves horizontally and moves out to the open end and the strap comes off.  Only options I see are:

• Drill out the thread - dont know what would go in here to hold in the strap, any thoughts?  Dont think I could retap a new thread
  • New case - Any idea who could supply one?  

Thanks

nodigital

Excellent, many thanks for the swift reply and suggestion . 

Simonix
16 minutes ago, nodigital said:

Excellent, many thanks for the swift reply and suggestion . 

It’s worth noting that those springbars Badapple posted a link to, are slimmer on one side too. This means you don’t have to drill out the threaded side too much. Just put the “thin end” in. 

• Like 1