Sign in to follow this  
Global

Help to remove movement....

Global

......from one of the quite common IWC Portuguese Chrono reps based on the Miyota OS11 movement.

When I open the back, it seems quite clear that the movement is removed from the front but I cannot remove the crystal. It does not seem to unscrew and I can find no slot I can get a knife in.

Anyone done this?

TIA

Dendo
......from one of the quite common IWC Portuguese Chrono reps based on the Miyota OS11 movement.

When I open the back, it seems quite clear that the movement is removed from the front but I cannot remove the crystal. It does not seem to unscrew and I can find no slot I can get a knife in.

Anyone done this?

TIA

Miyota Quartz?

You press the button indicated on the movt to get the crown stem out first, but importantly you need the movt in the running position to get the stem to release.

Dendo

Once the crown and stem is out the movt comes out easily, from the back of course.

Are there chrono pushers on this watch? You need to remove them also then.

Post a hi res picture....

Dendo

Anyone done this?

TIA

Actually best to look at this...

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...iwc+miyota+os11

NOTE the crown and stem comes out when you press the button with the stem in the running position.

Global

Thanks for that.

I'm sorry I'm not being clear! I'll get a picture to post but the diameter of the dial is substantially larger than the diameter of the inner edge of the case, leading me to suppose that the movement has to go out via the crystal side. I'll photograph and investigate further.

Thanks again.

Edited by Global

MikeMcNair

You need a bezel removal tool, the crystal and bezel come off in one piece, then movement comes out.

Global
You need a bezel removal tool, the crystal and bezel come off in one piece, then movement comes out.

Ahhh...

I looked it up and, yes, that's what I need to remove the bezel!

Then I looked at the cost :P

Eeeek.

Back to thinking!

Thanks all.

MikeMcNair

Ok, heat it up with a hairdryer,, make it hot to the touch.

Then, use a set of channel locks with the teeth taped up A LOT so as to scratch the bezel. Rotate bezel slightly with channel locks.

This will make it move upwards just enough to get a butter knife in there and presto! Bezel off.

Global

Thanks for that tip. I had to do some US English to UK English research to understand. 'Channel locks' are what we Brits would call 'water pump pliers'.

I'm going to have a go at this. Will post how I get on.

Thanks again.

MikeMcNair

Lol, dam Brits and yer weird speaks!!!

onionbag
Thanks for that tip. I had to do some US English to UK English research to understand. 'Channel locks' are what we Brits would call 'water pump pliers'.

I'm going to have a go at this. Will post how I get on.

Thanks again.

I had to do the same..Yeah pump pliers. This also happened to me as an apprentice when someone asked me to hand them "that pair of footprints", they meant a stilson wrench. ;)