Alan32

Not a scam but shabby practice TKMAXX

Alan32

I went on the TKMAXX website and found some Hamiltons and Victorinox which looked like good deals,  they confusingly had three Victorinox Inox (green dial/on steel) at £199.99 and two identical at £160.

Of to the checkout I go and It comes up as £120, Bargain! I never get this lucky.

Email confirms sale and email with tracking details for Hermes arrives!

two days later Tracking still says "we're expecting it"

Phones Tkmaxx to ask for details and am told that within 48 hrs I'll receive an email.

email arrives "I am very sorry that your TK Maxx order has not arrived.  I have now spoken to our warehouse team and unfortunately they cannot locate your parcel.   As I am unable to send you a replacement, I have processed a full refund for you, which will go back onto the card on which you made the payment and which can take 3-5 working days to appear on your bank statement. "

Funny they "cannot locate" my parcel therefore they are tacitly admitting they had processed my order but they are unable to send a replacement, however they still had FOUR identical watches on the website, including one at the original price.:soap:

Probably within the letter of the law to refund me without giving me the choice to choose another watch but pretty shabby practice.

Glaude

Probably realized that they made a mistake with pricing, and to stay within the law they claimed to have lost it to safely refund you

Shady indeed if it's that

• Like 1

OJHorology

Bummer, they also have decent Tissot/Altina/Oris every now and then.

There's no real equivalent to TKMAXX in France as far as I'm aware.

I don't think anything shady is necessarily going on - they're a big retail chain and it's probably standard practice for them to just refund.

They probably misplaced that particular one. Even if they have multiple of the same item, think of them individually.

E.g. I could go into a TKMAXX store and find a Tefal pan for £10 in the clearance session because it's been there for like 10 months or the packaging is damaged. Meanwhile, I can find the exact same one for £20 in the pans section as it just came in.

• Like 1

Alan32

So I sent a snotty email complaining  just to vent my feelings!:mad:

then I ordered this

Z8A1wL.png

My budget couldn't quite stretch to the full £199.99 so I thought would settle for second best.

then this arrived

Z8A9VR.jpg

I am now totally confused  but happy as a sandboy:thumbsup:

lmvfernandes

So you get a free watch, right???

• Like 1

Alan32
1 hour ago, lmvfernandes said:

I would never be that lucky! I think I've just got the watch I wanted for £154.99 the price of the blue dial/para cord one.

Alan32
2 hours ago, Alan32 said:

I would never be that lucky! I think I've just got the watch I wanted for £154.99 the price of the blue dial/para cord one.

Looks like you could be correct as I've just got another tracking No for the blue dial and the bank confirms I've been refunded for the green dial!:D

3 hours ago, lmvfernandes said:

Looks like you could be correct as I've just got another tracking No for the blue dial and the bank confirms I've been refunded for the green dial!:D

Bobbylah

So you will calling them to explain and asking where they would like the blue dial one returned to, correct. Otherwise that would be stealing.

Alan32
1 hour ago, Bobbylah said:

So you will calling them to explain and asking where they would like the blue dial one returned to, correct. Otherwise that would be stealing.

Yep! just waiting for the blue one to turn up so I can return it, but you know what it is like with big companies when something like this happens, small traders and individuals are usually "oh! thanks very much just return it and that's fine" but with big companies it gets complicated.:blink:

Case in point Dyson recalled our heater, so off it went, it came back a few weeks later fixed, then a few weeks later another heater turned up! several phone calls later an employee said "oh this is too difficult, just keep it":huh:

P.S. Are you going to get rid of your Two line Pegalos Rep as it's the product of intellectual property theft?:shoot-foot:

• Like 1

Flinnt

I had a great one with a big company. Bought several items and one advertised for AU$100 showed up in the cart as $0. I figured it’s their way of saying it’s out of stock or can’t be posted to Aus. The order came with the item in it. 
I emailed them saying they’d made a mistake and I’ll transfer the money and get them to fix up the invoice as paid the correct amount. Got a rude reply that there was no mistake and if I had a problem I could return the order. So replied again that there is a mistake and I’ll pay them but need it recorded as paying for that item. Again a rude reply claiming no mistake, return the goods if I’m not happy. 
A few months later a mass email to everyone who bought the item arrives demanding US$100 for the item none of us paid for. When I replied I tried twice to pay and was told to bugger off and I’ll pay them AU$100 as advertised or return the item they replied that they checked my history, thanks for the honesty, you can keep the item for free. 

• Like 2

Bobbylah
21 minutes ago, Alan32 said:

Yep! just waiting for the blue one to turn up so I can return it, but you know what it is like with big companies when something like this happens, small traders and individuals are usually "oh! thanks very much just return it and that's fine" but with big companies it gets complicated.:blink:

Case in point Dyson recalled our heater, so off it went, it came back a few weeks later fixed, then a few weeks later another heater turned up! several phone calls later an employee said "oh this is too difficult, just keep it":huh:

P.S. Are you going to get rid of your Two line Pegalos Rep as it's the product of intellectual property theft?:shoot-foot:

Haha, awesome comeback mate! Props to you. 

I hear what you are saying though. I lot of companies will say keep it or donate it.

black263

So... Is this still shabby practice, worthy of a thread in the Scam section?

Alan32
3 hours ago, black263 said:

So... Is this still shabby practice, worthy of a thread in the Scam section?

Life is full of the unexpected, one thing that can be expected of life is the unexpected! so face all odds of life cheerfully:D     ( with apologies  to  A.K. Bhardwaj )

malpasoman

I recall an incident with TKMaxx  selling Fortis watches that they did not have the stock to fulfil, If my recollection is correct?

Kitch09184

Very sketchy indeed. Maybe it was actually lost in transit, it's entirely possible that a courier took the item for their own. However, I don't see why such a big company would care, they process much bigger orders and I doubt a price mix up would cause them to swindle the system and revoke your order for their own gain. Seems sketchy but unlikely at best. At least, in my personal opinion. Regardless, that's rather unlucky mate. Better luck next time....

Philiusmaximus

Thread revival...

Your first watch was stolen by Hermes. They're a plague. The worst courier company.

In one month 50% of the packages I sent got lost or were damaged. Trying to speak to a human on the phone is almost impossible.

I'd happily pay more. postage to avoid it going anywhere near them.

I had a similar issue with an order I put in for a bell and ross from Selfridges. Ordered it, then two days later got an email to day they couldn't find it to dispatch it so got a refund. My £80 top cash back still tracked though!

• Like 1