JimN1564

Steeldive

JimN1564

I picked up a 1952 Steeldive.... I am actually quite impressed with the fit and 4-F745982-1300-40-BF-8-C04-FF5086543-AAD

• Like 2

brang1

Great value for money- nice one 

Ant0702

Agree with my old mate above. I have the captain Willard and it is a cracking piece. Steeldive put out some great stuff. Nice pick up.

GulfGT40

Congrats on the new watch and thanks for the feedback. I've been eying off the their Ploprof myself

tonyh7

There are a few brands that seem to be manufactured in the same place: Steeldive, Addies, Sharkey, San Martin. The quality of the watches is very good. Usually Seiko homages and better quality than some Seikos I’ve had. Love that Blacpain homage - seriously nice watch there. 

JimN1564

The say it’s a NH35 seiko movement... not sure it’s a seiko but it has a great reserve time and after a week on my wrist I  synchronize it with my legit Tudor black bay with an eta.  Wore them both for a week there was 15 seconds difference between the two

• Like 1

Simonix

The NH35 is the "unbranded" movement that Seiko outsource to other makers/brands.

The same movement is called the 4R35 when branded and used in a Seiko watch.

They seem to be a reliable workhorse. Based on the 7S26.

Watch looks great by the way!

mellons
8 hours ago, JimN1564 said:

The say it’s a NH35 seiko movement... not sure it’s a seiko but it has a great reserve time and after a week on my wrist I  synchronize it with my legit Tudor black bay with an eta.  Wore them both for a week there was 15 seconds difference between the two

This is pretty impressive out of the box

Dudeminator

I just got a Steeldive 1954 last week, been wearing it for six days and it's gained eighteen seconds, really impressive and the lume is as good as my Seiko solar diver,

different colour though.

JohnyBravo

Very nice, looks like its not for small wrists

mcgyver05

I have 2 of this.

great watches!

mellons
On 14/01/2021 at 19:28, mellons said:

This is pretty impressive out of the box

+1

13oots2

I  just got my PloProf, literally arrived this morning, amazing watch for the money with absolutely fantastic lume. Had to wait about a week as the UK seller was out of stock, he did have one but it had an issue that made him unwilling to ship it to me and asked I wait until his new stock arrived.

I also have a 1952T, more of a dress watch for me as I have big wrists, I have the Serie with slightly different dial, watch runs a bit slow, about 20s a day, the PloProf is looking a bit better for accuracy. Will give them a couple of months, then have the local watchmaker regulate them both.

APjumbo
31 minutes ago, 13oots2 said:

I  just got my PloProf, literally arrived this morning, amazing watch for the money with absolutely fantastic lume. Had to wait about a week as the UK seller was out of stock, he did have one but it had an issue that made him unwilling to ship it to me and asked I wait until his new stock arrived.

I also have a 1952T, more of a dress watch for me as I have big wrists, I have the Serie with slightly different dial, watch runs a bit slow, about 20s a day, the PloProf is looking a bit better for accuracy. Will give them a couple of months, then have the local watchmaker regulate them both.

Good opportunity to share a photo.

The steeldive ploppy keeps coming back into my list.

• Like 1

CollieWobbles
16 hours ago, 13oots2 said:

:ttiwwop:

• Like 2

13oots2

jcWB0L.jpg

Have been pratting around with macro tubes, still learning.

• Like 3

13oots2

1952T Serie

jci1VW.jpg

Edited by 13oots2
Correction

blue_spruce

Without a relevant pic on hand, I have owned a few Steeldives (SD1954, 1940S), and while their fitment has not been the most refined, they have elected thus far to not move "up market" in the same manner as San Martin, Octopus/Baltany and Hruodland (among others) have over the past two years, and offer incredible value should one want to try out a new flavor.  

Jason123456

Adiesdive tuna - same company as steeldive
c67a1d30bb2ca8308ed2f3f0a78c0b31.jpg733d53daca2b47bc2b84d851d906d0f8.jpg

Odoslané z SM-A505FN pomocou Tapatalku

cregsim

This one looks amazing! Can i ask you where did you find it actually? So far the best choice of the luxury watches i've seen on Mio.  There i ordered my wife an amazing Cartier watch, which she still adores and wears only for very special occasions. It is very sparkly/shiny with lots of stones and that's exactly her style. I am more classy guy and prefer old-fashioned watches with the leather bands.

Edited by cregsim