Alan32

The Strange saga of the Victorinox

Alan32

Having just had xmas and with my wife's birthday and our anniversary coming up soon ( a romantic dinner at the local Michelin starred restaurant booked but in jeopardy due to lockdown):dry:

I thought I would cheer myself up with a new watch, on calculating my budget I reckoned I had about £150-£160 to spend . Started due diligence and couldn't find anything in budget and suitable on M2M

Having just bought a couple of great watches from @Bill_C 

So I thought DH gate! , but just indulged there with my $12 coupon and ordered an AirKing ( a Rolex! what was I thinking?)

Z8LCBo.png

Ali express new year sale! maybe one or three homages?

So out of idle curiosity I went to TKMaxx and saw this

Z8AsLF.png

Bargain! nice watch and as I'm not keen on G-shocks ( I do have a streetrider)

Z8ANyn.jpg

I think the Victorinox INOX would be a more stylish "Knockabout" watch, so I went to the checkout and the watch was £120  WOW! an even bigger bargain.:D

I received two emails the next day one ,from TKMaxx to say my watch was being dispatched and one from Hermes with tracking No and to say they where expecting the parcel.

A couple of days later I phoned TKMaxx as the tracking did not seem to be working. I was told I would be emailed within 48hrs, sure enough I was emailed that my package could not be found and I had been refunded!:wallbash:

I was pretty pissed off as there was still a green dial on their website for £160 and they had not even  asked me if I wanted to pay the extra, I got the impression that they had screwed up and rather than admit it and give me the watch at £120 they just refunded me, not illegal but pretty shabby in my opinion! and of course by the time I realised what had happened the only green dials left were £199.99

So what to do? give up and wait to see if any more came in?  then I spotted this

Z8Ld9W.png

It's a blue dial with para cord strap but its in budget and most of my watches end up on different straps anyway, so I ordered it.

Two days later I got a text to say my parcel was arriving.

And this time the package arrived

Z8LsTR.jpg Z8Lub8.jpg Z8LMqL.jpg Z8L4DQ.jpg

WTF it looks like I got the watch I wanted for £154.99:woo:

A cracking good watch, well built and very comfortable with a divers extension well worth even £199.99 .

• Like 1

Alan32

It now transpires that the watch that turned up is the watch that was refunded! so I have another one on the way!

so this one cost me nothing and the blue one will be returned and I was drooling thinking that £120 was a great price!!!!!!:christmas4:

• Like 3

n18lld

Mate these are bomb proof watches. Substantial weight to them as you’ll know by now says it all. Remember if you sell it on here there is no profiteering so we’re all waiting on a freebie:D

• Like 1

Alan32
2 hours ago, n18lld said:

Mate these are bomb proof watches. Substantial weight to them as you’ll know by now says it all. Remember if you sell it on here there is no profiteering so we’re all waiting on a freebie:D

They are indeed bombproof and very comfortable, and it has gone into my "top ten'" watch list so I won't be selling it, I will however, unfortunately,  be returning the second watch to the vendor, :D

Ps how's the weather in the homeland?

Theduke.williams

Victorinox Inox a.k.a. The Swiss G-Shock.

Built like a tank, and designed to be run over by a tank;-

Well done on your aquisition - I think I'd be tempted to be a Ferenghi and keep the second one if/when it turns up, after all - it's TK-Max's cock up! Let them chase you.

• Like 1

organicguy
On 15/01/2021 at 18:19, Alan32 said:

Having just had xmas and with my wife's birthday and our anniversary coming up soon ( a romantic dinner at the local Michelin starred restaurant booked but in jeopardy due to lockdown):dry:

I thought I would cheer myself up with a new watch, on calculating my budget I reckoned I had about £150-£160 to spend . Started due diligence and couldn't find anything in budget and suitable on M2M

So I thought DH gate! , but just indulged there with my $12 coupon and ordered an AirKing ( a Rolex! what was I thinking?)

Z8LCBo.png

Z8AsLF.png

Z8ANyn.jpg

I think the Victorinox INOX would be a more stylish "Knockabout" watch, so I went to the checkout and the watch was £120  WOW! an even bigger bargain.:D

I received two emails the next day one ,from TKMaxx to say my watch was being dispatched and one from Hermes with tracking No and to say they where expecting the parcel.

A couple of days later I phoned TKMaxx as the tracking did not seem to be working. I was told I would be emailed within 48hrs, sure enough I was emailed that my package could not be found and I had been refunded!:wallbash:

I was pretty pissed off as there was still a green dial on their website for £160 and they had not even  asked me if I wanted to pay the extra, I got the impression that they had screwed up and rather than admit it and give me the watch at £120 they just refunded me, not illegal but pretty shabby in my opinion! and of course by the time I realised what had happened the only green dials left were £199.99

So what to do? give up and wait to see if any more came in?  then I spotted this

Z8Ld9W.png

It's a blue dial with para cord strap but its in budget and most of my watches end up on different straps anyway, so I ordered it.

A cracking good watch, well built and very comfortable with a divers extension well worth even £199.99 .

for that super low price it's a really nice watch, stiff, hard and feels like quality allover. My stepson has one :)

Dog
On 15/01/2021 at 17:19, Alan32 said:

Z8LCBo.png

Z8AsLF.png

Z8ANyn.jpg

Z8Ld9W.png

That's amazing value. I sold one a few months ago. A few years ago you would have been lucky to pick a used one up for £300. If they made a smaller version I would probably invest again