lornemalvo

tough pick on datejust

lornemalvo

hello everybody, 

hope you re doing great.

So, i am about to buy a date just from trusty time  and i have found almost the same watch on different prices so i don't know if the extra bucks gonna make any difference, any help provided is highly appreciated.

here are my two choices

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_294&products_id=22598

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_294&products_id=21392

I am also worried if gold on case does fade out by the time?

anyway take care guys! cheers

tribefan

One is gold plated and the other is gold wrapped. You should really do your own research on the difference between the two. Supposedly, gold wrapped is 2-3x thicker and all surfaces will be covered. Plating will definitely wear over time, assuming it's getting regular use.

• Like 2

lornemalvo

16 hours ago, tribefan said:

One is gold plated and the other is gold wrapped. You should really do your own research on the difference between the two. Supposedly, gold wrapped is 2-3x thicker and all surfaces will be covered. Plating will definitely wear over time, assuming it's getting regular use.

thank you tribefan for the help 

deju
17 hours ago, tribefan said:

Actually sweetcheeks you missed the major difference.... 

look at the edges of the gold links on the cheaper one, they are silver. In fact the top of the link doesn’t even fully cover the silver at the edge if you look at the macro. 

whether it’s wrapped in the sense as Tribe mentions which is a thicker coating  from a process that is different to plating or it’s a lost in translation plating that wraps round the link, is for others to debate 

NCRich

I can't begin to tell you how little difference you would ever notice between the two.  It borders on the ridiculous.

• Like 1

GingerApple

Were they not both two tone monstrosities (with puta mierda jubilee straps to boot), I'd say get the VSF; a much better rep, even if only plated. But as they are massively fugly, two tone, vom inducing, old man horror shows, don't get either. Unless you are in fact an old man. In which case, just wear white socks and sandals and the same look will be  achieved, but at a fraction of the cost.

• Like 1

deju

@TheGingerFerret it’s for your demographic then....... aaayyyyyiipppp

• Like 1

lornemalvo
3 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Were they not both two tone monstrosities (with puta mierda jubilee straps to boot), I'd say get the VSF; a much better rep, even if only plated. But as they are massively fugly, two tone, vom inducing, old man horror shows, don't get either. Unless you are in fact an old man. In which case, just wear white socks and sandals and the same look will be  achieved, but at a fraction of the cost.

haha, you nailed it with this reply, :P   well, i m mid 30s and i think  jubilee straps ROCK!!

• Like 1

BADBILLY

IMHO , VSF is certainly a better rep .  on many points .

Most folks would agree to stick with SS in the rep world , ( yes yes , I know...he just said "what?" ) the plated ones come in just a bit shy / off a bit . Don't get me wrong I love the TT and solid ones a lot and certainly have a few in my collection , but it's in our suggestions to stick with SS models for many reasons .

The TT jubilee is by far one of their better lookers , I have 7 or 8 of em....lol 

Might I offer a tiny suggestion?         if so then read next line .    

If you're new to the rep world , Our  M2M section periodically has real bargains , that might help you to get a feel of what you like about some of the factories VSF/GMF and models before you lay down some serious bread man .

I made the newbie mistake of buying a GMF TT Rolex Sub right out the gate it was like $478USD and after a few weeks of reading all the posts for the new member section and a lot of the chatter in the posts it became apparent that I could have made a better choice .    In the end I got a $125 version that I liked way better from a different TD .  Still wear my Regmariner today .

• Like 1

Rx4Time
5 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Couldn't have said it better.  As always, your descriptions are so eliquant.   They invoke the most vivid images as I read them. 

• Like 1