Piloten

Trulesorub.com - A Note

Piloten

So, a friend who enjoys waving watch sites at me and watching me twitch sent me

https://trulesorub.com/

A nice site, run by a nice guy named Alexsey. His communications are quick and his grasp of English is rudimentary.

Good prices.

What became fairly clear is these are probably frankens, with pieced together cases, movements, etc. The watches are in too good a shape to be vintage. You guys who know more than I do can likely chime in here.

So, I said what the hell it's only money and ordered THIS WATCH

A day or so later, there is an email. "Tracking update, your item is on the way".

From Ukraine.

Oh, ok, did I imagine this address?

635 Somers ave
Feasterville-Trevose, PA,
United States, 19053
+1-844-360-6117

Nope, there it is, in "About Us"

Ok, the watch is coming from Ukraine. Yeah, ok, I can live with that but he should have been up front about it.

Next, the Ukraine post website is . . . quaint. But it showed me the information I needed. Hmm, Canada Post says "We didn't find an item associated with this number". Ok . . . maybe it has to get here first. Today, the Ukraine Post site says "Item has been accepted by destination post for processing" but Canada Post website still denies knowing anything about that number. It turns out that this service from Ukraine is not tracked within Canada Post. Yeah, ok, I can live with that.

I will review the watch once it gets here but, am I wrong here? Should he not tell you it's not coming from the US?

Bill_C

No, you're not wrong at all. That is my biggest gripe about many Ebay sellers as well. I hate seeing a US address and then finding out it shipped from China, India, Uganda, you-name-it.

It's one thing if he clearly claims to ship from Ukraine, but if he gives no indication whatsoever then I'd be equally annoyed. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's deceptive in the same way some Ebay sellers are, but it's potentially misleading at the very least. Still, nice prices so I'd get over my disappointment pretty quickly if the quality is there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jibuti

Yup John, these are all frankens.

Perhaps "marriage" watch is right word. 

Pieces like this never left factory in this state.  But nothing wrong with that. No rep parts there. 

And robust stuff.... Just like when you drive Toyota Hilux off the top of building. Hard to break. 

About tracking.... I always track via

Parcelsapp. com

US address is probably just PO box company. 

@Piloten

BertRed

I ordered two watches from this site earlier in the year.  

The first watch was marketed as vintage but arrived looking brand new. It's a very nice looking watch all the same and wasn't very expensive, so I didn't much care. I was surprised by the package coming from Ukraine as noted above. The tiny box was taped shut with four feeble pieces of scotch tape. But somehow it made it.

Alexey seemed responsive, so I tried a second one. It was promptly dispatched from Ukraine. It turned out to be more vintage - in fact, so vintage the mechanism broke the first time I wound it. He requested I send it back, so I did and now it's "lost".  The USPS doesn't allow tracking or inquiries for whatever post type I selected when the package goes to Ukraine, and the seller indicates it hasn't arrived. So I'm out about $200 bucks and have no watch and no idea if the USPS lost it, if Ukrposta lost it, or if I'm being played.

ComradNoMore

I bought the "Kommander" watch from this vender in June of 2021.  It worked fine until the other day when it got wet in the rain (not submerged in water).  Now there is condensation under the crystal and the times runs fast (about 10 minutes per hour).  I emailed  Trulesorub and the response was:

Hello
We do not have a guarantee for glass and water
only on the mechanism
Water ingress excludes warranty
I can repair but this is not a warranty case

..In other words:  S.O.L.

I will see about getting the watch repaired state-side and will go back to wearing my Seiko.