Leet1983

Scammed by John.Harris

Leet1983

Hi all, 

So I writing this with quite a bit of disappointment :mad:

I've been looking for a seamaster spectre so popped next door on rwi as nothing surfaced on here, I missed a couple that was listed and low and behold the perfect watch pops up from a seller called John.harris €280 I message him and he said let's wait for it to go green, fair enough I thought seemed genuine whilst I was between messages, he listed a 45mm planet ocean with a eta movement and I've been looking for one of these for a while, I dropped him a message and made him a offer on both €500 cheeky bid  my biggest purchase on rep watches in one go in my whole time of collecting, he said let me have a think anyway the spectre went green and so I messaged to ask if we was having a deal he said €530 for both to which I said OK 

I asked for payment details he said he'd send them in the morning , again a bit of reassurance that he was in no rush for the money, anyway the next day I asked if we was going to deal he sent me a email for his paypal ,

[email protected] 

to which I sent payment paypal f+f , then a few hours after payment there was a lot of speculation re his tagged name date and rwi that they had been photo shopped on another sale he had up a aqua terra  , seems admin had done the adjustment as the name was John Adam Harris and not John Harris as his profile name stated so that was changed lots of people saying seems dodgy etc to which he defends himself some people basically saying give him the benefit of the doubt and some saying I'm outta here etc  he  continued to message me and said  that he would post the watches out the following day up to now, I have had no correspondence through forum and through the email associated with the paypal address I asked my bank to reverse the charges and asked paypal to stop the payment as it was on hold at his end  for 24hrs after the  sale but  guess what he got the money and I've not a leg to stand on 

A very expensive lesson :angry:

I class my self as nice guy and not a bad bloke but let's hope this scamming POS gets bollock cancer 

Links to the sales 

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales/9608830-omega-planet-ocean-45mm

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales/9608798-omega-007-spectre-vsf-best-version

Be vigilant gents there's some horrible individuals out there 

Regards 

Leet1983 

FudgyDocker

Sad to hear that you got scammed, mate. Never good to hear that on these forums, but there some complete wankers around, unfortunately!

Also, looks like a fucking 2-year-old wrote the tag for the pic!

• Like 1

Leet1983
5 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

Sad to hear that you got scammed, mate. Never good to hear that on these forums, but there some complete wankers around, unfortunately!

Also, looks like a fucking 2-year-old wrote the tag for the pic!

I think that was admin with the photo shop :blink:

gooner2826

Sorry to hear this pal, never nice at the best of times let alone in the current way the world is. Hopefully doesn’t cause any hardship 

Real shame to hear people like this are about on the forums. 

• Like 1

BadApple

I'm sure we had someone on here a couple of years ago with same name. He came on as a newbie and was a pain in the arse and started slagging off members and made out he was hesitant to buy (off Kuvarsit at the time) 

• Like 1

G_sus

All kinds of mad things were happening in the thread

Incorrect tagged pic, some wipers photoshopping that a mod did...

Sorry to hear you may have been scanned - Are you positive this is the case?

• Like 1

malpasoman

Lee that is absolutely gutting, I feel for you. Sadly there are some total scammers out there. Hopefully Karma will deal him a good dose of payback.

• Like 1

Leet1983

Absolutely fuming to be honest lads,lost a couple nights sleep because of it, anyway I hope you are all a little more vigilant if nothing else of the back of my bad experience 

Leet1983
5 minutes ago, G_sus said:

All kinds of mad things were happening in the thread

Incorrect tagged pic, some wipers photoshopping that a mod did...

Sorry to hear you may have been scanned - Are you positive this is the case?

I'm not the only one that's had no correspondence unfortunately 

tomtom1988

I don’t frequent this place too often anymore but hate seeing things like this. Fucking disgusting that some people stoop this low. Like other posters have said, what comes around goes around. 

• Like 1

Leet1983
2 minutes ago, OJHorology said:

Ah damn...sorry to hear that

There's a new sticky post about this: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales/9620239-read-this-first-before-you-buy

Thanks for this , first I've seen of it in my defence  there was non of the speculation when I bought the spectre I'd been on a 3hr mountain bike ride a came back to the shit storm 

Devil

I'm sorry to hear this, in the few years I've been here I'm lucky enough to never have dealt with being scammed or any problems M2M and I've bought/sold a ton...

I always try pick my seller as well as the watch for sale... can't always win though :sad: 

• Like 1

Fulvio_61

I am not aware if it will help, but both photos of the Planet Ocean contain Exif data from which the GPS data has not been deleted. Then you can see where the photos were taken ....

Edited by Fulvio_61
  • Like 2

Leet1983
1 minute ago, Fulvio_61 said:

I am not aware if it will help, but both photos of the Planet Ocean contain Exif data from which the GPS data has not been deleted. Then you can see where the photos were taken ....

How's this work then any help would be appreciated 

Wires
3 minutes ago, Fulvio_61 said:

Where were they taken?

• Like 1

Fulvio_61

They were shot in Croatia. The info is complete with address. But this may not be a definitive proof, even if there is a good chance ....

• Like 1

Leet1983
Just now, Fulvio_61 said:

They were shot in Croatia. The info is complete with address. But this may not be a definitive proof, even if there is a good chance ....

Can you inbox me what you know please 

Fulvio_61

Done.

• Like 1

Leet1983
5 minutes ago, Fulvio_61 said:

Done.

Thanks 

Lagger

Beth scammed it of 4 watches here, and one next door......... But I'm a fucking scam magnet, really fucks you off, I feel your pain, at least you don't have people jumping to his defence like I did

• Like 1

G_sus
47 minutes ago, Leet1983 said:

I'm not the only one that's had no correspondence unfortunately 

Gutting

Really makes you not trust people this kind of thing

A lot of this hobby goes on trust and understanding, and things like this really spit in the face of these things...

• Like 2

Leet1983
9 minutes ago, Lagger said:

Beth scammed it of 4 watches here, and one next door......... But I'm a fucking scam magnet, really fucks you off, I feel your pain, at least you don't have people jumping to his defence like I did

Sorry to hear that mate 

OJHorology
35 minutes ago, Leet1983 said:

Thanks for this , first I've seen of it in my defence  there was non of the speculation when I bought the spectre I'd been on a 3hr mountain bike ride a came back to the shit storm 

Sorry mate, not a dig at you or anything just thought I would share.

It can happen to anyone, I've actually dealt with sellers on two separate occasions who ended up getting banned shortly after (luckily I ended up still receiving the watches).

One of them being this guy: 

hasel5
8 minutes ago, OJHorology said:

Sorry mate, not a dig at you or anything just thought I would share.

It can happen to anyone, I've actually dealt with sellers on two separate occasions who ended up getting banned shortly after (luckily I ended up still receiving the watches).

One of them being this guy: 

I do remember that one 

@Leet1983  don't loose faith in rep game most of us are spot on and a few let the rest down.

• Like 2