Sign in to follow this  
Tiny

Hello from Iowa

Tiny

I've been collecting watches for a while. Invicta, Croton, Seiko, and Alpha. All have been automatic or mechanical hand wind. I'm guess I'm too busy (or lazy?) to bother changing batteries on watches so I switched away from quartz all together some time ago. Always have like the looks of the "expensive" brands but not the cost, so the homage watches have been all that I collected....until a few weeks ago. I purchases an Asian Rolex GMT Master II and Swiss new style submariner and now I'm hooked. I sold off some of my old watches to fund the purchases and glad I did. The watches I purchased, mainly the swiss model, are outstanding and worth every penny. I've always been a fan of rolex watches, but they don't seem to be worth the $$ they charge for them. I've read every post on every other forum about their quality control, better materials, in-house movement, water resitance, blah..blah..blah. I don't think it all adds up to thousands of dollars above any other mfg, besides how many of us will ever dive to 200ft? So that brings me here. I look forward to collecting more and learning more as I go.

Balad1

Welcome Tiny, good to have you join us.

Nisv

Hi Tiny, welcome :)

Lots of reading here for ya :D

Fiddo

Hello! :)

Welcome!

greg_r

Welcome!

Mystery Shopper

Welcome, many treasures to be found here.

Del

Hello and welcome! :)