FunnyStarSystem

ZCj3S8.md.jpg

• Like 8

RussP

Bump:

44388957245_7ffdea144e_b.jpg

• Like 5

mclarendude

New arrival, the supposedly now discontinued Colt 41. Have always respected Breitlings but thought were not my style, but I couldn’t pass this one up.

99b9783ae500cd1f54d5a02d4733a6d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Intresting
7 hours ago, mclarendude said:

New arrival, the supposedly now discontinued Colt 41. Have always respected Breitlings but thought were not my style, but I couldn’t pass this one up.

Clean dial, retro-esque bezel.   Is the bezel fixed?

• Like 1

mclarendude
Clean dial, retro-esque bezel.   Is the bezel fixed?

No, unidirectional!

• Like 2

Khronos
10 hours ago, mclarendude said:

This is lovely, so clean and the color of the dial is amazing! 

@FunnyStarSystem Yum! What a lovely Sinn, my favorite actually!

I've swapped the great lookin nylon strap to the regular rubber strap on my Tactix Delta sapphire Solar. The damn thing was bloody uncomfortable.. Oh, on solar charging - it's a goddamn rip off, it does nothing. I've left it in direct sunlight for 3 hours, 90000 lux and guess what happened? Nothing!! Not a single % of battery life added. Jack shit. So if you're deciding whether to get a solar Garmin - don't. The thing is worthless. You just pay over your teeth for a non existing feature. 

But it looks lovely, doesn't it? 

IMG-20210214-143109.jpg

I feel like some kind of a pro. A proper mall ninja. It has a "Kill switch" too. Now how cool is that? ;)

• Like 5

NFleischer

DSCN0140.jpg

Underappreciated Colt 41 here too, GMT version.  I'm moving back to smaller watches, 41 is the sweet spot.

• Like 5

FunnyStarSystem
6 hours ago, Khronos said:

I've swapped the great lookin nylon strap to the regular rubber strap on my Tactix Delta sapphire Solar. The damn thing was bloody uncomfortable.. Oh, on solar charging - it's a goddamn rip off, it does nothing. I've left it in direct sunlight for 3 hours, 90000 lux and guess what happened? Nothing!! Not a single % of battery life added. Jack shit. So if you're deciding whether to get a solar Garmin - don't. The thing is worthless. You just pay over your teeth for a non existing feature. 

But it looks lovely, doesn't it? 

IMG-20210214-143109.jpg

I feel like some kind of a pro. A proper mall ninja. It has a "Kill switch" too. Now how cool is that? ;)

I remember back in my 20's (which should tell you how long ago this was) my father, who prided himself on being an early adopter of technology, got the first publicly available Garmin GPS unit and sat it on the dash of his car. He drove us all insane with the damn thing because we lived in Manhattan and everyone knew how to get around the city and the various gridlock points at different times of day, but if you ever rode with him he insisted on letting the technology make the choices. And holy shit was it was crude! It had no real time information so couldn't tell which paths were free or not, didn't know which crumbling highway entrances had been closed for years or which one way streets the garbage was being picked up that day, thus trapping you in a honking line of idiots. I pleaded with him, "just use your own damn brain", and he would shout back, "I paid five hundred dollars for this goddamn thing, we're using the GPS!"  Good times, thanks for jolting my memory of it :D I wish that thing had a kill switch. 

Anyway, cool watch, it has a similar graphic look to those first GPS units.

history_street_pilot_III_800x360.jpg

• Like 3

FunnyStarSystem

ZCU6S2.jpg

• Like 5

Intresting

ZCWGZY.jpg

• Like 8

RussP

Work watch:

50945135376_6bfb52daff_b.jpg

• Like 5

semperfi55

ZC9vK5.jpg

• Like 7

RussP

39908631812_f5b2a273cc_b.jpg

• Like 3

mclarendude

84e4fe8f38613b2c43537c2434d29e44.jpg

• Like 7

RussP

50948054541_887af6a1b0_b.jpg

• Like 5

Khronos
On 14. 2. 2021 at 21:28, FunnyStarSystem said:

I remember back in my 20's (which should tell you how long ago this was) my father, who prided himself on being an early adopter of technology, got the first publicly available Garmin GPS unit and sat it on the dash of his car. He drove us all insane with the damn thing because we lived in Manhattan and everyone knew how to get around the city and the various gridlock points at different times of day, but if you ever rode with him he insisted on letting the technology make the choices. And holy shit was it was crude! It had no real time information so couldn't tell which paths were free or not, didn't know which crumbling highway entrances had been closed for years or which one way streets the garbage was being picked up that day, thus trapping you in a honking line of idiots. I pleaded with him, "just use your own damn brain", and he would shout back, "I paid five hundred dollars for this goddamn thing, we're using the GPS!"  Good times, thanks for jolting my memory of it :D I wish that thing had a kill switch. 

Anyway, cool watch, it has a similar graphic look to those first GPS units.

history_street_pilot_III_800x360.jpg

Thanks for sharing the story, I really enjoyed it :) You should write a book, I like your style if writing.

I'm the same with this Tactix Delta thing, I keep measuring stuff and my vitals. And honestly have no idea to what end or what to do with all this information... I think I just like to change the settings and discover new things every day, there's something calming about it. You can't do any of this with your sub. Maybe that's why I get bored with watches even before they arrive from China.. I could try taking them apart, but I know it's a dead end. There's no "Back" or "Undo" button in that situation :D

That old Garmin thingie looks awesome, I'd put it on display somewhere in my apartment. I'm a sucker for old useless tech. 

• Like 2

RussP

50842404211_8ba8645c08_b.jpg

• Like 5

Intresting

ZCuyP3.jpg

• Like 6

RussP

50495732671_43a1ca1b75_b.jpg

• Like 4

BravoDelta

ZCEF5Q.jpg