MAJ75

Rolex GMT 126711 CHNR Root Beer from BP

MAJ75

Hi All,

I thought I would share a few pictures of what is a rare incoming for me.

I understand that both Rolex & Two-tone pieces are divisive amongst the community here but this reference has been on my list ever since I saw a guy at Bicester Village wearing what was presumably a Gen.

After having researched the best versions it was down to GMF who offer a CHS 904 Steel version for just under $500 or BP (same factory or a connection to GMF) who offer the 2836 ICHS at around £100 cheaper it was an easy decision as I don't care about potentially be called out over the handstack & I don't need the working GMT complication & finally to top things off only the BP version has plated side links despite being the cheaper option.

I was watching M2M here & next door like a hawk as I just haven't had the motivation to order this through a TD & eventually patience paid off as a UK member next door posted this one for sale.

It's a great looking Rep and for me a nice update on the Original "Clint Eastwood" themed piece from the vintage line-up.

I struggled a little to get decent pictures due to the ceramic bezel & poor winter daylight but hopefully these images are representative for anyone who might be considering a purchase.

RB1.jpg

RB2.jpg

RB3.jpg

RB4.jpg

RB5.jpg

RB6.jpg

RB7.jpg

RB8.jpg

RB9.jpg

RB10.jpg

RB11.jpg

RB12.jpg

• Like 9

Dylan88888

Beautiful piece

Chiquita Fanjita

Absolutely gorgeous watch. Love a bi-metal Rolex, and that bezel looks fantastic.

MAJ75
1 hour ago, Dylan88888 said:

Beautiful piece

Cheers Bud

18 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Absolutely gorgeous watch. Love a bi-metal Rolex, and that bezel looks fantastic.

Thanks for the kind words, I was salivating over your Bluesy again when you posted it the other day......one of my favourite Frankens!

Moondustesp

Oh my that is lovely! I have been eyeing these up for a while but haven’t  seen one in the flesh (rep or gen). Think you and me may aswell just start a watch share scheme it would save us some ££££££! Enjoy 

• Like 1

SCShrek

I have exactly 1 two tone, a bluesy, in my collection because I really dont care for them, but this thing is striking and Im a sucker for Rolex GMT....Excellent pickup.

Chiquita Fanjita
2 hours ago, MAJ75 said:

Thanks for the kind words, I was salivating over your Bluesy again when you posted it the other day......one of my favourite Frankens!

Thanks mate. The bluesy is the one that started my love for the bi-metal watches. The Rootbeer has been on my wanted list for a while, but your pics make me want one even more now :D 

nuvolablue

Very nice@MAJ75. Glad you finally found one. It's a great piece with that perfect blend of bling and sophistication.
Would be great to see some pics alongside your 5 digit Rootbeer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mmaggi

For those who own 2-tones:  How does the gold plating hold up?  Is the gold wrapped center links a better option with regards to wear & tear?

Thanks in advance.

Improved

Your pictures are actually great!

Slugger
On 13/07/2022 at 08:24, Improved said:

Your pictures are actually great!

Agreed. Very nice photography.

I took my CHNR off the oyster rose/stainless oyster bracelet and put it on a rose/stainless jubilee and there is no way I'm ever going back.