Steve36

Oris Diver 65 v Sinn 104 st

Steve36

Gents...

looking for any help with trying decide between one of these... can’t make up my mind. 

Oris divers 65 42mm on stainless bracelet. 

or

Sinn 104st on stainless bracelet

Any owners of either here that can give me an insight perhaps? 

Thenut

I would Go for the Sinn. I got a U1 , build quality is amazing and Sinn offers a good bang for the bucks. 

The 104 compared to the 65 : Lot More modern, technical Coolness , More versatile , balanced Design, daily Beater

I really Like the White dial Version. 

I also really Like the 65 , but Just for what it is: a Vintage inspired watch, no its More a modern Vintage watch or kinda that, Like a restomod.  And this is why i would choose the smaller 65 Models. The 42 Case is unbalanced in this Type of Style. The smaller 65 is a very nice and warm easy to Wear Summer Feelin sunshine Sandy beach watch, great on the Bracelet, even better on Tropic Rubber or Vintage strap. Not a daily Beater. 

Just my opinion. Do you have some Other Watches ?

Edited by Thenut
  • Like 1

G_sus

I hear the Oris has pretty jangly bracelet and bezel play etc - All dressed up as ‘true’ vintage/retro and period correct etc, but it just looms like corner cutting to me!

For what it’s worth, my vote is the Sinn

I don’t have one, but they are renowned for decent build quality for the price - And for me, that’s one of the first things I look for, rep or gen!

• Like 1

Steve36

Cheers Fellas, 

I must admit the 104 was my favourite of the two but the oris is so close , however looking into some reviews a few people have been disappointed with them after purchase and moved them on pretty quickly, where as the sinn seem to be a keeper from every review, based upon build quality reliability and just all round appeal.

I have a few gens but tend to wear them for special occasions , so the sinn would be a perfect daily beater but still look the part too.... so at this point I'm 80% Sinn 20% Oris.

tickertp

100% Sinn. Great watches - I've been wearing a 103 chrono in regular rotation for several years and think it is a terrific value, plus it's resale has actually gone up... The Oris looks good but doesn't offer something special that would make it a daily wearer for me. Plus, you should be sure to get a real discount if you decide on it as the secondary market is very thin.

• Like 1

Foxindebox

Got to go for the 104 imho...

• Like 1

GenTLe

Get the rep of the Oris and the gen of the Sinn :) The rep of the Oris is really well made (I've it), you can eventually put it on bracelet later on.

• Like 2

Mazz

I have a bunch of Sinns and they are all amazing watches  personally i think the 104 is a nice looking watch

• Like 1

deju

I’m all for the Sinn 104, it’s a stealth collectible imho. I think it will creep up in value

Id love a bell & Ross x Sinn. 

Oris is a solid choice also, it’s a brand that’s really pulled them selves up in terms of popularity. It’s just I’d find it hard to pick a watch over the Sinn at that price point 

• Like 1

Steve36

Cheers fellas, appreciate the feedback. 

im between the 104 and the ezm with the Sinn 

and oris wise I’m down to the aquis 

deju
6 minutes ago, Steve36 said:

Cheers fellas, appreciate the feedback. 

im between the 104 and the ezm with the Sinn 

and oris wise I’m down to the aquis 

Southpaw? 

Steve36