HAIRlab_DC

ROO crown/pusher/thickness issues

HAIRlab_DC

Just did a search on ROO chronos here and @rwiand remain a bit confused, Hoping a resident connoisseur can help.  Is it correct to assume that with respect to all "factory" versions you can either get correct pusher/stem position or correct overall thickness but not both?  I've seen a couple of wrist shots featuring watches that have both issues fixed and stumbled across some very old threads about projects using factory versions that seem to be no longer made,  but the current "1:1  clones" on the TD's sites lead me to believe that you have to travel  well into frankenland before you can even get in the ballpark.  As always, thanks in advance.

WatchGeek5711

Hi man i have a offshore chrono comming shipped to me soon, i will send it off to a modder to get rid of 1,5-2mm of case thickness, well whatever is possible.

yourself you may not be able to fix the thickness issue however you may find some people on the forums who are going to shave or grind down as they say thin out the case or and caseback.  Its usually roughly 1/3 the cost of the watch as it takes some precision not to mess up the whole thing. 

also yeah no brand or factory came close to fixing the issue, they all use decorated movements… thats mostly where ur extra thickness comes from that and the caseback JF is the worst for casebacks.

Edited by WatchGeek5711

Jibuti

you have nothing incoming, kid.

WatchGeek5711
On 02/06/2021 at 11:19, Jibuti said:

you have nothing incoming, kid.

well i dont know where that attitude is from but it came :)

ZJIbv3.jpg ZJI06n.jpg

next step is to get it thinner.

Taekwon

Very nice, enjoy it.  Looks great as id.