HAIRlab_DC

DW FIASCO

HAIRlab_DC

The Short Version: Is there any way to find a correct-PAM-font white PAM 7750 DW without spending 350 bucks on a new rep? I'd post a WTB, but if there's anyone doing these projects these days I'd be happy shoot them a PM.

The Long Version:  Having recently started collecting again, I was eager to test a local smith who my son told me has the invaluable  don't-ask, don't-tell policy,. I chose as a candidate my wife's infrequently worn PAM 051 which hasn't been serviced in more than a decade.  Yesterday, I picked it up. He explains that he did a complete service [running like a top] and oh BTW the datewheel was a little jerky [if it was neither of us noticed] so I replaced it [with a "stock" 7750 DW] No charge for that."  I can't tell him,  "Noooooooo! Now it has the wrong font! My franken is ruined!" so I say, "Ummmm, this may sound odd, but can I have the old datewheel? Working on my watchsmithing skills [I've never cracked a caseback in anger] and I'll use it for practice." He gives me a why-the-f-would-you-want-a broken-watch-part look, and says, "sorry, tossed it."  The other half couldn't care less, but every time I look at the watch my hair stands on end. Which brings me back to my short version question: Is there any way to find a correct-font white PAM 7750 DW without spending 350 bucks on a new rep?

The Watch: Old school V1 case (individually numbered caseback), Swiss 7750, member-project cyclops and (formerly)DW, gen dial/hands/CG/Crown.  Sorry about the bad pic. Was trying to make the incorrect "8" as clear as possible.

40mmPAMw.jpg

Edited by HAIRlab_DC