BadApple

ORIS AQUIS DATE SMALL SECOND

BadApple

A belated Christmas and early birthday present my missus has been at me for a while to look at buying a gen watch as she frowns on the rep market. I can't stretch to a Tudor or Omega etc.... so I have been looking at Oris and the like. 

I have been avoiding Omegas of late as if I was to get a high end gen I think that is what I would get - a 45.5 PO would be my preference. 

Being big wristed I came across the 45.5mm Aquis Date Small Second which is a PO wannabe. I've read peoples experiences of Oris on here especially resale (not that I plan to resell as it's a present) and to look at getting a considerable discount to compensate.

I've found one of these at an AD with a 40% discount so that part has been achieved so have taken the plunge (and 0% terms) to secure it and it should be with me tomorrow. I will do an unboxing for those interested. 

ZCBO18.jpg

• Like 9

Intresting

happy early birthday Rob :)   Wonderful you are married to a keeper.   Lovely watch.  Good discount and yes, Oris should be bought with deep discounts as re-sale not the best.  Its a solidly put together timepiece though.  Wear it in good health.  

Griffo

Happy early birthday. Love the Oris range!

splke

I am / was the same i want a po but couldnt get the 2k min needed to get it in my mits  or the 7k i would need to get the LMPO that i truly desire ! prefer 42/43 myself though

i got this as it looks close enough to me ( a blind man riding bareback on a horse to london)

ZCQ0k5.jpg

BadApple
18 minutes ago, splke said:

I am / was the same i want a po but couldnt get the 2k min needed to get it in my mits  or the 7k i would need to get the LMPO that i truly desire ! prefer 42/43 myself though

i got this as it looks close enough to me ( a blind man riding bareback on a horse to london)

My brother in law has the very same watch.  I got a rep Noob rep of it and gave it to him to compare - it was close but you could still tell.

Milestone birthday in 6 years so will get an Omega then 

• Like 1

splke

mine in 4yrs  and maybe something to aim for too

i have a good clone of the aqua and it is a tough call but the bracelet, bezel click & date window  is the tell but not without close inspection 

tbh it is a little small but i am used to it now 

Phoenixboy
4 hours ago, BadApple said:

A belated Christmas and early birthday present my missus has been at me for a while to look at buying a gen watch as she frowns on the rep market. I can't stretch to a Tudor or Omega etc.... so I have been looking at Oris and the like. 

I have been avoiding Omegas of late as if I was to get a high end gen I think that is what I would get - a 45.5 PO would be my preference. 

Being big wristed I came across the 45.5mm Aquis Date Small Second which is a PO wannabe. I've read peoples experiences of Oris on here especially resale (not that I plan to resell as it's a present) and to look at getting a considerable discount to compensate.

I've found one of these at an AD with a 40% discount so that part has been achieved so have taken the plunge (and 0% terms) to secure it and it should be with me tomorrow. I will do an unboxing for those interested. 

ZCBO18.jpg

Had an eye on one of those for ages, but 40% off is good.

CollieWobbles

That looks really nice BA congrats, looking forward to the wrist shot. :thumbsup:

BM284
4 hours ago, BadApple said:

ZCBO18.jpg

Very nice indeed mate! Nothing quite like getting a gen... the unboxing... the wearing ...I’m sure this won’t be leaving your wrist anytime soon! :) (Once you officially receive it as a birthday present of course!) 

BravoDelta

As a new gen Aquis owner I say...good choice. I went for the 43.5 mm Aquis date, but I was sorely tempted by this one. Congratulations @BadApple :thumbsup2:

BadApple
3 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

As a new gen Aquis owner I say...good choice. I went for the 43.5 mm Aquis date, but I was sorely tempted by this one. Congratulations @BadApple :thumbsup2:

Ah I have joined a bit of a club !!!

n18lld
4 minutes ago, BadApple said:

Ah I have joined a bit of a club !!!

Yes you have. Great watches. Solid build quality. You won't be disappointed.

ZCpmtE.jpg

• Like 1

Theduke.williams

Yup, agree with all the above comments - you can't go wrong with Oris.

Surprised you haven't been looking at some of the cracking gens that have been for sale on this board over the last few months.

Most of them have been well below ebay prices, and likely in far better condition too, being as they come from enthusiasts.

I have maybe half a dozen swiss gens, only one of which I bought new, all the others came from here.

Here's my Oris, it's not a diver, but it does have a ridiculous lume;

20200103-125302.jpg

20200712-212300.jpg

BTW, Happy Birthday in advance.

• Like 1

brang1

Had quite a few Oris ofer the journey- and never been disappointed , great watches - last one was the oris lake baikal, one i really miss 

ZCp0Ut.jpg

• Like 1

BadApple

UPDATE:

Watch not in stock in UK so I have to wait for it to be shipped from Switzerland - 7 to 10 days :blowup:

CollieWobbles

That's a pain but will be worth the wait :thumbsup2:

Theduke.williams
18 hours ago, BadApple said:

UPDATE:

Watch not in stock in UK so I have to wait for it to be shipped from Switzerland - 7 to 10 days :blowup:

Please keep us updated, I'm looking forward to seeing the photos when it arrives!  :thumbsup:

BadApple
9 minutes ago, Theduke.williams said:

Please keep us updated, I'm looking forward to seeing the photos when it arrives!  :thumbsup:

Will do - best thing is watch back up to full price now so glad I got the reduction 

Jibuti

Fuckin noobs. Got my 1st gen when four.... Only half century+  later went straight with reps. 

BadApple

Arriving RMSD today......... watch this space.

• Like 1

Foxindebox

Ooh, will have a look later!

deju
On 16/02/2021 at 11:17, n18lld said:

Yes you have. Great watches. Solid build quality. You won't be disappointed.

ZCpmtE.jpg

Holy fuck that’s a bit tasty, way better than the cgi render. 

@BadApple can’t wait for the unboxing 

CollieWobbles

It is nice alright,

Come on @BadApple where's the pics already!

BadApple

It's in the posties sack !!!! 

BadApple

Piccies !!!!!!!!

ZTDYfK.jpg ZTDOQ8.jpg ZTDIUR.jpg ZTDoxL.jpg ZTD1hv.jpg ZTDnuj.jpg ZTD8Z4.jpg ZTD9n1.jpg ZTDrII.jpg ZTDBxX.jpg ZTDtXc.jpg ZTDlWi.jpg ZTDpQb.jpg ZTDCfp.jpg ZTDT25.jpg ZTDXnF.jpg ZTDdut.jpg ZTDwj2.jpg ZTD4IE.jpg

• Like 8