BackInHisBox

Another giveaway

BackInHisBox

Thinking I'm not interested in the rep game anymore. Bought several, may keep a couple, but not really sure on that frankly. So why not a giveaway!?!?!!!

A blind giveaway this is, you don't get to see or know what the watches are. There will likely be 2 or more of them, but because I don't enjoy the hassle of shipping I'm not doing multiple winners this time, just one, you get everything I decide to get rid of!

So, the rules: CON US shipping only! Sorry all, gotta be a 'Murican! Tell me why I should pick you, no holds barred, meaning make up a story or lie your face off... I don't care! Just give me a reason to choose you.

Given that none of you know me well enough, it's on you to determine what might sway me. Maybe sincerity is key. Maybe breing blunt and aloof. Or maybe a grand tale of woe. Pick your poison.

I'll decide on a winner by the end of the month. Good luck all!

Flinnt

Well when I was in America and ordering in a diner the waitress noticed the accent and asked where we were from.

Replied, “Australia”.
And she replied, “that’s down south isn’t it? Near Texas?”

“Just a bit more south” was our reply. 

So as an honorary ’Murican just south of Texas I should be in it to win it. I’ll lend Texas some of my weather if I win. 

PS I’m not seriously asking to be considered. Just in it for the participation. 

• Like 4

BackInHisBox
8 hours ago, Flinnt said:

Well when I was in America and ordering in a diner the waitress noticed the accent and asked where we were from.

Replied, “Australia”.
And she replied, “that’s down south isn’t it? Near Texas?”

“Just a bit more south” was our reply. 

So as an honorary ’Murican just south of Texas I should be in it to win it. I’ll lend Texas some of my weather if I win. 

PS I’m not seriously asking to be considered. Just in it for the participation. 

Lol well you did say she was a waitress in a diner. Their not exactly known for their high IQ or polished education.

deju

If you have a heavily lumed watch, make sure it goes to a Texan.... they will need the illumination at night,,,,

• Like 1

Howitzer
23 minutes ago, BeyondTheBox said:

Lol well you did say she was a waitress in a diner. Their not exactly known for their high IQ or polished education.

Steady on, I would suggest there are many in the service industry who are educated to degree level and/or have a higher than average IQ.  

PS *They're

PPS I appreciate that this comment may well preclude me anyway but, for clarity, I'm not entering the competition :D 

• Like 3

SCShrek

Since I am the only Murican (not Texan, hell, we dont even have snow in SC) to reply to the post at this point, does that qualify as a good reason ;). Can you be Shrekian? :shrek:

BackInHisBox
2 hours ago, Howitzer said:

Steady on, I would suggest there are many in the service industry who are educated to degree level and/or have a higher than average IQ.  

PS *They're

PPS I appreciate that this comment may well preclude me anyway but, for clarity, I'm not entering the competition :D 

Well they're you have it!

Swipe keyboard and lack of proper editorial oversight. I also didn't catch the typo in the original post, "breing". I swiped into my Android keyboard the word being, it typed bring, I corrected part of it but missed the R. We could spend all day pointing out worthless spelling and grammar errors typed from phones online if that's what gets yer rocks off.

And of course there are all types of vocations that even brilliant people sometimes relegate themselves to, for varying reasoning. That doesn't change the fact that for the average common low level positions and jobs, the vast majority of it's "professionals" are not the brightest bulbs in the box. Although I must admit, having an education is no indication of intellect whatsoever. So the flip side of that coin is all the highly educated people that I consider complete morons.

Besides that, you clearly conflated what was presented, which was a waitress at a diner, with people in the service industry in general. You also asserted something that I never said. My words were clear, that intellect isn't something people of such a position are known for. That's a fact. I'm sorry, but there's little lower on the profession totem than diner waitressing. So, my point holds true.

Edited by BeyondTheBox

Foxindebox

Reminds me of the Bill Hicks bit about the waffle waitress... “what you readin for?” :lol:

• Like 1

Flinnt

Well my friends often say, “he doesn’t need common sense he has a degree”.

I often find level of education is inversely correlated with intellect. 

• Like 2

BackInHisBox
On 18/02/2021 at 14:34, Flinnt said:

Well my friends often say, “he doesn’t need common sense he has a degree”.

I often find level of education is inversely correlated with intellect. 

I'm an egomaniac, I'll admit that, especially when it comes to perceived and measurable intellect. I never went to college, have always found educators and curriculum to be extraordinarily worthless. I hated school my entire life, mostly because it bored me. I have a measured 132 IQ. I'm no giant in the intellectual world, but I'm no slouch by any means. In fact, I'm a technical genius, by 3 points, according to accepted generalized scales.

Nobody is perfect, ever. I've said and thought some really dumb shit and I guaranty you I will do so again, at least a few times a year.  It's okay to be wrong. It's okay to be mistaken. It's okay to be remiss and amiss from the necessary diligence of study into the topic at hand because, unless it's your profession, it's almost impossible to be completely up to date and in the know of everything necessary to draw the absolutely correct determination in anything. All one can do is bench press the free weights of logic against the gravity of any given situation, scenario or issue.

• Like 2

Flinnt

Yes it’s the old adage, the more you learn the more you realise how little you know. So you start learning everything about one tiny, minute part of one small subject, spending all of your time on it and don’t learn anything else which makes you incredibly smart and incredibly stupid at the same time. 
I remember being at a trivia night with a table full of neurosurgeons who came last. They were the smartest people there but knew nothing outside of brain surgery so were also the stupidest. 

• Like 1

NCRich
58 minutes ago, Flinnt said:

Yes it’s the old adage, the more you learn the more you realise how little you know. So you start learning everything about one tiny, minute part of one small subject, spending all of your time on it and don’t learn anything else which makes you incredibly smart and incredibly stupid at the same time. 
I remember being at a trivia night with a table full of neurosurgeons who came last. They were the smartest people there but knew nothing outside of brain surgery so were also the stupidest. 

You are confusing stupidity with ignorance.  Doesn't say much about your intellect.  :lol:

• Like 1

NCRich
1 hour ago, BeyondTheBox said:

I have a measured 132 IQ. I'm no giant in the intellectual world, but I'm no slouch by any means. In fact, I'm a technical genius, by 3 points, according to accepted generalized scales.

You ever met anyone you liked that informed you of their test scores?  Didn't think so.

• Like 1

Flinnt
1 hour ago, NCRich said:

You are confusing stupidity with ignorance.  Doesn't say much about your intellect.  :lol:

Yeah kinda my point. I don’t need intellect, I have a degree. 

• Like 3

Intresting
On 18/02/2021 at 16:04, BeyondTheBox said:

Sorry all, gotta be a 'Murican

that's just racist.  :)

BackInHisBox
3 hours ago, Flinnt said:

Actually I'm reminded of the old Ada Lovelace quote... "Know as much as I may, I can only know an infinitesimal degree of that which I wish to know."

Best paraphrasing I can come up with, without looking it up, which I'm too lazy to do right now, apparently. The point of it being, a truly intelligent person knows that they don't know anything, regardless of how much they understand based on current technology and modern discovery. I guess time truly does tell all tales, or at the very least more than it did before.

BackInHisBox
2 hours ago, NCRich said:

You ever met anyone you liked that informed you of their test scores?  Didn't think so.

You didn't wait for my answer... It's a yes, but it's not common that I would and to my recollection is only one, Steven J. Homesworth, and it wasn't his lead in. Then again, nor was this mine, I just haven't been around a lot. Also, I don't give a rats ass if you or anyone else like me, because you are of zero consequence to me and mine, and I absolutely love myself. Frankly, Narcissus would be envious. So, you want some free watches or not? If not, piss off piss ant.

BackInHisBox
34 minutes ago, Intresting said:

that's just racist.  :)

I'm good with that, given how flippantly that term/accusation is thrown around these days. I'm probably a Nazi too. It's nice to belong to something I guess.

Intresting
1 hour ago, BeyondTheBox said:

I'm good with that, given how flippantly that term/accusation is thrown around these days. I'm probably a Nazi too. It's nice to belong to something I guess.

totally firmly tongue in cheek.   :)  We Aussies are the Murican's best allies in the southern hemisphere anyway.

• Like 1

GulfGT40
On 19/02/2021 at 03:31, Foxindebox said:

Reminds me of the Bill Hicks bit about the waffle waitress... “what you readin for?” :lol:

:rofl:Thanks @Foxindebox that made my day.

Bill Hicks ' What are you reading for? ' .wmv - YouTube

RIP Bill you're irony is not lost.

NCRich
5 hours ago, BeyondTheBox said:

You didn't wait for my answer... It's a yes, but it's not common that I would and to my recollection is only one, Steven J. Homesworth, and it wasn't his lead in. Then again, nor was this mine, I just haven't been around a lot. Also, I don't give a rats ass if you or anyone else like me, because you are of zero consequence to me and mine, and I absolutely love myself. Frankly, Narcissus would be envious. So, you want some free watches or not? If not, piss off piss ant.

Since I'm the mod Narcissus I won't be the one pissing off.  Back that off or I'll back you off.  Try me.

Foxindebox
8 hours ago, GulfGT40 said:

:rofl:Thanks @Foxindebox that made my day.

Bill Hicks ' What are you reading for? ' .wmv - YouTube

RIP Bill you're irony is not lost.

It’s a classic!

8 hours ago, NCRich said:

Since I'm the mod Narcissus I won't be the one pissing off.  Back that off or I'll back you off.  Try me.

You are a patient man Rich...

Diluted

I’m in CONUS and I like watches, but I don't have any tales of woe. 

I will, however, pass on the goodwill, if you choose me, and give away some more watches in the future.

Nice gesture!

BackInHisBox
On 20/02/2021 at 01:56, NCRich said:

Not sure why you think you hold any threats here. I'm offering free watches. This is the second time I'm doing so. It only contributes to the forum. So you want to prevent me from contributing to the forum in general over your ignorance and ego, go right on ahead. Frankly I'm inclined to want to give the watches to you if you're interested.

BravoDelta

:popcorn: