Sign in to follow this  
richardm1142

Omega Deployment Clasp

richardm1142

Just cant get the clasp on my Planet Ocean to close and hold.

The pin seems to not rise into the hole with two "wires" sufficiently.

Don't want to start bending things, is there a simple obvious answer I'm missing?

onionbag

The diver's extension if not fully clipped in can interfere with the main clasp...this was my experience.

So undo the diver's extension,clip it closed, then try the main clasp again.

MikeMcNair

I have had a few watches that needed the clasp "arms" bent a hair to make them properly engage.

Can you post a pic?

Ska

100% it will be the divers extension - happens all the time, open it up and then close it again making sure its parallel to the clasp itself.

richardm1142

Thanks for the swift response but tried that, the extension is tight up as far as it will go.

I can apply pressure "under" the pin and squeeze the release pins enough to (ocassionaly) click when off my wrist, but can't do that when I'm wearing the damn thing.

Far prefer the stainless, but thoughts of using that black rubber strap that's still in it's wrapper.

Edited by richardm1142

onionbag

If there's a Debenhams nearby you could take it into the 'In-time' watch repair instore. The guy there should be happy to tweak it for you.

HWG

Agreed that its the divers extension. Had the same issue with mine. I opened it, reclosed it to make sure the lip was tucked under, and the thing works perfectly. Its a daily wearer for me.

richardm1142

Distinct shove with a metal bar provides a satisfying closure of the divers extension and then clasp closes

But bloody hard work pushing extension back in everytime, just cant see, or work out, the obstruction!

Thanks for the advice guys

Edited by richardm1142

HWG

I just took two quick pics... hope this helps. No tools should be needed to get this working correctly. The divers extentsion has a little lip that must be tucked under a spring bar on the clasp. The problem is you can close the DE even if you dont get that lip tucked under. Release, it, then take care to fold the DE lip under the pin. (pardon my lack of true technical terms). Note the arrows in the pics. Hope it helps.

omega2.jpg

omega1.jpg

onionbag

Glad you got it sorted! :P