Lurch

Genuine site or scam

Lurch

Could someone please tell me if these are a genuine site or not as they can get me a replacement strap at a good price and will accept PayPal but don’t want to get scammed.

Thanks 

URL Deleted.

Edited by tribefan
URL deleted

Theduke.williams

Wrong question.

You should be asking yourself, are these a Trusted Dealer?

And that's simple enough to answer - just check the trusted dealer list.

Dealing with any other site will always be a gamble, and there's a good chance you will get ripped off, as other newbies have found to their cost.

the only advice I can give you regarding this site is use Paypal goods and services. If they won't accept that, steer clear.

Best advice however is to ask one of the TD's if they can supply a strap for you. I know its CNY, so there will be a delay, but you'll almost certainly get what you're looking for without being ripped off.

Lurch

Thanks very much appreciated.

FunnyStarSystem

Since there's no way for you to be sure (PayPal is no guarantee) that you'll get your money back if they don't send what you order, or send an inferior product then it's a no-brainer to do what @Theduke.williams just said, only use the trusted dealers here on this forum, or an established forum with moderators who work with the dealers. They can get everything the site you posted has, and will stand behind it :thumbsup2:

The best way to find exactly what you're looking for is to email a dealer with a photo and description.

Lurch

Trusty time can supply me with a replacement but at $125  , I bought my watch from them but the strap has faded badly just after a year so didn’t want to pay that much for another only for it to last about the same time, where as that site can supply for half the cost so that’s why I questioned scammers or not . Will ask a few on here and see. Thanks 

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

You can open a "WTB" (want to buy) thread and see if someone on here has one to sell or can direct you somewhere. What strap is it?

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/forum/337-m2m-want-to-buy/

Or there's a section where we sell straps:

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/forum/338-m2m-watch-parts-straps-accessories/

BadApple

USE A  RWG TRUSTED  DEALER 

Theduke.williams
22 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Trusty time can supply me with a replacement but at $125  , I bought my watch from them but the strap has faded badly just after a year so didn’t want to pay that much for another only for it to last about the same time, where as that site can supply for half the cost so that’s why I questioned scammers or not . Will ask a few on here and see. Thanks 

You're saying the strap has faded!

Is it a leather strap? sounds like it from your description.

In that case I'd think about getting a strap made for it by one of our trusted strap makers, that way you may pay similar to what Trusty time is asking, but you'll get a far superior strap.

BTW Paypal goods and services DOES give you the ability to lodge a claim against a company, but I have to say that as @FunnyStarSystem has said, if they send an inferior strap, ar something that doesn't match what you were expecting, it could be a long drawn out process to make a succesful claim.

I think I did say you're best sticking to the TD's here.

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

The best way I've found to not have a strap fade on you is to own 50 to 60 watches and a couple hundred straps, that way you'll never wear anything long enough for it not look its best. :D

Anyway, good point @Theduke.williams, this may be a job for @TanGo 838!

• Like 1

Jibuti
26 minutes ago, BadApple said:

USE A  RWG TRUSTED  DEALER 

stop scaring people, Rob....

:lol:

Wizard Hat

Hey, it's totally a question I would be asking yourself.

The only legit sites I would be using are the ones located here on this site right here & nothing else as these ones have been sourced out specifically so people aren't getting 'scammed'.

But it's each to their own, some sites may work with you the first time then come around the second time and that's when they do the dirty on you; just be careful and choose wisely/check first before doing so.

• Like 1

Lurch

Thanks again for all your help. This is what I’m after a strap the same if possible.

C10107-DB-CFB4-4-BC3-A608-B401477-E51-AF

CE70-E3-B4-3-F9-C-4-DCF-BC11-C8521-C5-C3

Mystery Shopper

Never heard of them.

BadApple
2 hours ago, Lurch said:

Thanks again for all your help. This is what I’m after a strap the same if possible.

Go onto AliExpress - loads on there for next to nothing..........    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32993873549.html

Theduke.williams
12 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

:D

Anyway, good point @Theduke.williams, this may be a job for @TanGo 838!

Here's an example of @TanGo 838's work, I think you'll agree it's gorgeous.

20201127-133714.jpg

Looks like your strap is leather on a rubber lining. 

If it's only the leather that's faded, maybe the leather could be replaced, that way you'll keep the matching blue sides.

Wouldn't be surprised if you could have an exotic leather made at the same time!

• Like 2

Lurch
3 hours ago, BadApple said:

Go onto AliExpress - loads on there for next to nothing..........    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32993873549.html

Thanks but they don't have the same with blue/blue, most are blue with black sides to the strap . 

This is spot on but no stock at present for blue .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Watch-Strap-for-Hublot-Big-Bang-Fusion-44mm-25mm-Leather-Black-Brown-28-26-mm/153818901084?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item23d0522a5c:g:v8EAAOSwWZVeNsuJ&amdata=enc%3AAQAFAAACgBaobrjLl8XobRIiIML1V4Imu%2Fn%2BzU5L90Z278x5ickkxGz2ccqatkEnoeekHqhLkdRkmuZiyOK0k%2BHwPoaHDDvO5i1FklmJtqe3ACr0cIMc0N7ad7B%2F6hGLgnyeL%2B9JcLMtBoodjmbHIIi6HRJ7EAzeOsN6kZbKFHyr%2FoJkgigb38G4k4rPD%2BGGc0QnxhL7xPm4P1luziWh2fI%2BOqz56WjXquzmnNF8oOCNMJUT0NfFA%2Bz90x7l3BQfAm1MP1mjk00Fv4hVb3xFCADt4gCC1Lbna%2BIMgbXYd1pbM1unoBbgGIVu5Cs1egb34DYXZJ6%2FGtLkTHf%2BS9WeVtuEC9CRiWfRYyNonZ0ivs7Up8mM%2F82uYRh8qcQF%2FdpqeIjJJP22T%2F3P4Xm5HUpm1twusuwsWgt%2BwcIR1GLbvJOhmZgaWSsKJDtTvVfb0crUJuXh3d7jHr0sjJsLa9n0BExjUykwnbX5uwpCUFkNYWuAtnhABxMnc4FjI82tsUA60Oqyee0cdPH2ekYTZbtUm6QkhzBAI09b9ckdifY7UrG7SBu9gPmVx0peMIy3r%2BouvFzKMdBDbJ6jaJmpONkUxqeP19mlZkaG2B2b74U%2FAR32Cm%2BHfboGqQ5SrxPxx6VsT9V8KgZp1yQepncWupwiDuGOfVFd%2FKAgyL9QWXPn8HTqHOhmPwbt%2FaVhRsowNC3l0i8ZiIE5B5oiph%2FkahPgkxZXnCd%2FLyIZ2iRnOCHJnof%2BnnlGlGNwFUupUgJQGR6bfLTvyZxOKivNLB6XD%2B9v6IFs%2BwRG3o6fhvPIYsUA9DDCYoApwHrKI8OD64XRbjsfXV8Lm0KXc2qamFgAiA9OsnqMnCiZsNI%3D|cksum%3A153818901084f02cd5f4f89940d78710cc52b07e3248|ampid%3APL_CLK|clp%3A2334524

Edited by Lurch

BadApple

Go with EBay one - may take a while but better than 125 !!!

BUT then you could be Tango'd  - the quality will blow your mind !!!

• Like 1

Glaude

If you are after something really specific, I would follow the previous advice and go with Tango custom job here, she'll be able to make you what you want