poulsenrene

Omega Galore. Too many Omega's

poulsenrene

Oh boy.
I have been into watches for some years now.
And i know my space hsitory.
But, OMG... Omega, are just going bazerk with ther lineup.
You'll end up very confused, if you try to get head and tail in that story.

I think there's like +1600 different models (in a 4 line set up) at Omega's site.

But, i have cooked it down to two. (for the first buy, and a Rep watch.)
The Seemaster, or the Speedmaster.
Well, two was a relative term...
There are litterally 100's different variations here, and then adding the different Rep manufactor.

What to choose.
It's to be my first Omega.
I can spend mony on it, but i want something, that on arms distance, and on pictures, looks like a geniue item.

What do i choose?

BadApple
6 minutes ago, poulsenrene said:

Oh boy.
I have been into watches for some years now.
And i know my space hsitory.
But, OMG... Omega, are just going bazerk with ther lineup.
You'll end up very confused, if you try to get head and tail in that story.

I think there's like +1600 different models (in a 4 line set up) at Omega's site.

But, i have cooked it down to two. (for the first buy, and a Rep watch.)
The Seemaster, or the Speedmaster.
Well, two was a relative term...
There are litterally 100's different variations here, and then adding the different Rep manufactor.

What to choose.
It's to be my first Omega.
I can spend mony on it, but i want something, that on arms distance, and on pictures, looks like a geniue item.

What do i choose?

1. Which one  you like the look of

2. One what is available to buy from our TD's 

That's how it works and not just with Omegas - AND always buy VSF factory as they make THE best reps of Omegas. 

• Like 1

deju

The Seamaster’s are repped better. 

If buying a speed master just stick to cheapies as due to not having a clone movement they all have dial flaws. 

Jonnybaws

Any if not all Omega reps from VSF are top notch.. choose one you like and send money to the TD, then repeat a few days later... then repeat again! before you know it, you're fucked and in deep!

poulsenrene
22 minutes ago, deju said:

The Seamaster’s are repped better. 

If buying a speed master just stick to cheapies as due to not having a clone movement they all have dial flaws. 

But if i stay with the cheapest, i do not get anything but a Quartz.
And i am a watch nerd, so the movement doe's count.
The professional, is hand wound, right.
Now we'r into the feel af a rep/watch
I think we cook this into the closest to... Optically.
With a good movement.

I know the 7750 is a delicate, woman to own, but treat her right...

35 minutes ago, BadApple said:

1. Which one  you like the look of

2. One what is available to buy from our TD's 

That's how it works and not just with Omegas - AND always buy VSF factory as they make THE best reps of Omegas. 

I like the look of thhe originally Moon watch.
And the wave dial of the seamaster 300m.
It's like choosing between two hot twin lady's.

BadApple

Moon watch will pass at a distance but have dial location issues and sunken datewheels on closer inspection  - OMF do good ones

The Seamaster 300's are a good watch and if VSF are very close to gen down to black balance wheel. 

Email a TD such as Mary at [email protected] and get advice on what is available currently as not all are. 

• Like 2

poulsenrene
5 minutes ago, BadApple said:

Moon watch will pass at a distance but have dial location issues and sunken datewheels on closer inspection  - OMF do good ones

The Seamaster 300's are a good watch and if VSF are very close to gen down to black balance wheel. 

Email a TD such as Mary at [email protected] and get advice on what is available currently as not all are. 

That's actually the best advise i've seen on this forum, yet.
Thanks mate.
I'll drink to that.

deju

Indeed hand wound, the dial spacing is off on the manual reps. 

I wouldn’t waste the extra money on a manual with the same flaw as quartz. 

so much so I bought a gen 

• Like 1

Glaude
5 minutes ago, deju said:

so much so I bought a gen 

:handjob:

deju
Just now, Glaude said:

:handjob:

I won’t lie it was a lowball so epic even I told my self to fuck off 

• Like 2

Flinnt

I came into the rep world in search of my grail Speedy moonwatch. Ended up buying a gen. Yeah, yeah I know...:handjob:  The speedy reps just don’t cut it and when it’s the watch I always wanted most there was just no choice. 

If you like the wavy dial, the VSF Seamaster 300m dive watch are the most spectacular reps I own...I bought a 2nd one recently. Absolutely superb reps. I can’t see myself buying a gen of these as the rep is every bit as good on the wrist. 

• Like 2

poulsenrene

Well.

let's start at the bottom, in a calm relaxed way.
OMG.
It's so f... hard to deside.
I made up my mind.
I wanted a Tudor Harrods.
Factory said, it's out of stock.
Then a Tudor BB58 Herritage...
Factory said, out of stock.
Dam..'t ok ok, i'll search the site again, for the 1000'th time.
Oh, this looks nice.
This looks nicer.
And this one.
What's the difference between these two.
Oh, not that.
Wonder if this...?
Looking at RWG, naah, not that one.
Ahh, this one.
Ohh, poor dial quality.
How about this one.
Factory says it's available
Hurray.
We have a winner

So, i have a Omega Speedmaster 300m i an order.

It's 2000 times harder, chosing anything from the interweb, based out of some pictures (wonder if it's the picture of the actual item)
than it is, to choose form a shelf in a store.

In Bulgaria, it took me one glance, at 200 watches, to know, exactly, what i wanted.
I got a Breitling For Bently Navitimer, white dial with the classic Breitling brazelet.
Loved the watch, but it got stolen at the end.

But, now, i'll sit down patiantly, and wait.
The Danish post service will get my parcel lost.
The Dansih customs will seize the parcel, and charge me a fortune.
I'm not sceptical, just realist. :-O

• Like 2

RLR267
On 23/02/2021 at 14:56, Flinnt said:

I came into the rep world in search of my grail Speedy moonwatch. Ended up buying a gen. Yeah, yeah I know...:handjob:  The speedy reps just don’t cut it and when it’s the watch I always wanted most there was just no choice. 

I am almost there - except I discovered I may not want the watch "I always wanted" yet I still do.  

I came here in search of the rep for the watch I always wanted (Rose Gold SeaMaster Aqua Terra 150).  No one has it.  Well, I have found a couple, not sure about the factories though, neither is VSF.  So, this morning I went to the local jeweler who carries Omega - they don't have it either.  But during this process, I kept seeing a Rep that I could not quite learn to love, but I also could not stop looking (the grey face Aqua 150 with blue markings).  I even looked at it on Omega's official site - NO JOKE OP, THERE ARE LIKE 16,000 CHOICES - but I digress.  The pictures on the official website made me think VSF had improved the model because Rep pics on the TD sites make it look better than Omega's own photos.

Alas, while at the jewelry counter I asked to see it.  The lady pulls out the Gen and OMG - pictures on the web (official and rep) do not do this thing justice.  I was dangerously close to taking it home, still considering it.  Would it be just crazy to order two reps, wear them on and off a couple months and then if I find I just like one better, go hunt down a Gen.  Sort of like buying a high end car and the dealer sending you home for a few days in a "loaner", accept in this case, you get to keep the loaner as a spare in case you need to drop the Gen off for service.

Edited by RLR267
typo

Flinnt
16 minutes ago, RLR267 said:

I am almost there - except I discovered I may not want the watch "I always wanted" yet I still do.  

I came here in search of the rep for the watch I always wanted (Rose Gold SeaMaster Aqua Terra 150).  No one has it.  Well, I have found a couple, not sure about the factories though, neither is VSF.  So, this morning I went to the local jeweler who carries Omega - they don't have it either.  But during this process, I kept seeing a Rep that I could not quite learn to love, but I also could not stop looking (the grey face Aqua 150 with blue markings).  I even looked at it on Omega's official site - NO JOKE OP, THERE ARE LIKE 16,000 CHOICES - but I digress.  The pictures on the official website made me think VSF had improved the model because Rep pics on the TD sites make it look better than Omega's own photos.

Alas, while at the jewelry counter I asked to see it.  The lady pulls out the Gen and OMG - pictures on the web (official and rep) do not do this thing justice.  I was dangerously close to taking it home, still considering it.  Would it be just crazy to order two reps, wear them on and off a couple months and then if I find I just like one better, go hunt down a Gen.  Sort of like buying a high end car and the dealer sending you home for a few days in a "loaner", accept in this case, you get to keep the loaner as a spare in case you need to drop the Gen off for service.

Lots of people use a rep to test drive whether they’ll buy the gen. It’s a good idea. 
The VSF Aqua Terras are totally amazing. I have the black and still consider buying more colours. I learned by buying the VSF AT that I love ATs but wouldn’t buy the gen because the rep is so good and that gen money can go to a watch that I can’t get a good rep of. 
I don’t know about the grey dial though. I know early on this was the one colour VSF hadn’t got quite right...but I think they updated it since. I don’t know if it’s accurate now or still off. 
And of course the gen has an amazing movement that the rep can never match. 

Intresting

VSF Omega Seamasters.  They are so close to gen that I find it neigh impossible to buy a gen.
Speedys.  None of the reps come close.  Either dial details, running 6 o clock sub dials, or case thickness.   OMF or not, they are nowhere near close as what a VSF Seamaster is.   Save for a gen.  Its worth it.
Planet Oceans - Bezel of a LM gen is just different when you have ceramic pressed into metal, not printed.
Tai Chi.   Everything is perfect.  Except the gen triangle at 12 is a perfectly pointed on 3 sides.  The rep is a superman triangle with rounded ends on 2 sides.  Some can "unsee" it.  
Hope that helps.

RLR267

Powermax, everything helps.  I know the Aqua Terra is part of the Seamaster family (at least in the catalogue) so hoping VS touch on the AT Grey . . . I am confused what to call it, on one TD site it was referred to as "Grey" (the one with the grey plank face and blue hands and markings) but the AD had a tag on it calling it a Gent and I went to the O website and there was a reference to Gentleman's Collection on the page where I found the watch in question.  All I can say is pics, even O's photoshopped ones, did not do this one justice.  And, I like what Flint said, "I love ATs but wouldn’t buy the gen because the rep is so good and that gen money can go to a watch that I can’t get a good rep of. "  I had a Ball Trainmaster 120 on my wrist once, could have and should have bought it - will not make that mistake again if I find one.  I dare say it has never and will never be a Rep.

jowill923
On 27/02/2021 at 00:03, Intresting said:

VSF Omega Seamasters.  They are so close to gen that I find it neigh impossible to buy a gen.

Couldn't agree more - having owned gen Seamaster 300s in the past, I'm not sure I'd even go back (dependent on VSF making a return soon :Praying:)