Oascom

My watch servicing and modding journey.

Oascom

Hello guys,

Most of you probably know me from RWI.

I would like to share pictures of my work and cool builds i did. I enjoy it and i know a lot people enjoy seeing how dismantled watches looks like so here it goes.

Enjoy !:)

Btw here is my new website in case someone would like to have any help with their watches www.watchmakerusa.com

ZTlXr4.jpg ZTldEI.jpg ZTlw3c.jpg ZTlTej.jpg ZTlvmp.jpg ZTl4yX.jpg ZTlM4i.jpg ZTl7P5.jpg ZTlscb.jpg ZTlESF.jpg ZTlRet.jpg ZTlFEE.jpg ZTlft2.jpg ZTlSHn.jpg ZTl013.jpg ZTlb4s.jpg ZTlxgY.jpg ZTlVoD.jpg ZTlg0o.jpg ZTlcPk.jpg ZTpK1Q.jpg ZTpZeJ.jpg ZTpjtP.jpg ZTpzNW.jpg ZTpHHS.jpg ZTphML.jpg ZTp2gR.jpg ZTpLo8.jpg ZTpeTK.jpg ZTp50v.jpg ZTpaBj.jpg ZTpW51.jpg ZTpiN4.jpg ZTpoKI.jpg ZTpq1c.jpg ZTpIMX.jpg ZTpYDi.jpg ZTpyob.jpg ZTp1Tp.jpg ZTp9b5.jpg ZTp65F.jpg ZTp8Bt.jpg ZTprR2.jpg ZTpBKE.jpg ZTpQ9n.jpg ZTpls3.jpg ZTpCDs.jpg ZTpXbk.jpg ZTpTXD.jpg ZTpPqY.jpg ZTpkUo.jpg ZTpwBJ.jpg ZTCHQF.jpg ZTCAnE.jpg ZTCKft.jpg ZTC222.jpg ZTC5j3.jpg ZTCLun.jpg ZTCUIs.jpg ZTCWdY.jpg ZTCaJD.jpg ZTCmWk.jpg ZTColo.jpg ZTCqfJ.jpg ZTCO2P.jpg ZTCY6W.jpg ZTCnOL.jpg ZTC6dR.jpg ZTC8J8.jpg ZTCtaK.jpg ZTCQF1.jpg ZTCwJb.jpg ZTCMap.jpg ZTCNvE.jpg ZTCfzn.jpg ZTCE82.jpg ZTC7At.jpg ZTCFY3.jpg ZTCGks.jpg ZTCSVY.jpg ZTCbiD.jpg ZTCJGo.jpg ZTCxpk.jpg ZTCcAJ.jpg ZTCg8P.jpg ZTPD7W.jpg

Edited by Oascom
  • Like 6

Dr Fun Socks

Your meteorite pepsi is one of the best builds ive ever seen. You should start producing those dials on an industrial scale. I spent a long time figuring out which organs I really needed when the last one was up for sale :p

• Like 2

Diplomatico

I'd love to see more content like this, good job!

BravoDelta

Wow, those tools are nice! Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing. 

brang1

I admire you greatly-amazing work

me on the other hand, I would get all the parts out like this pic-then stand up, belt would get caught on the edge and that lot would fly to every corner of the room never to be seen again

ZTlVoD.jpg

• Like 3

Flinnt

I’ve admired your work over on RWI. Ever since a child I’ve wanted to be able to pull a movement to pieces and reassemble it. 
When I discovered reps I realised this is my chance. Spent what I thought was a lot of money on equipment and proceeded to learn. Learned how to disassemble, clean and reassemble with correct lubrications as I went. Then realised in order to fix broken movements I would need to spend way more money on equipment and gain way more skills. Both out of reach for my budget and my desires. 
Seeing your skills and your equipment made me drool. But this is not for me in this lifetime. I reached my goal of knowing how to disassemble and reassemble and now I can just live vicariously watching your work as being the real deal as a watchsmith. 
Thanks for the post. 

• Like 3

CollieWobbles

So cool, thanks for sharing.

Oascom
7 hours ago, Dr Fun Socks said:

Your meteorite pepsi is one of the best builds ive ever seen. You should start producing those dials on an industrial scale. I spent a long time figuring out which organs I really needed when the last one was up for sale :p

Hehe thanks buddy, 

Im actually working on 3/4 more like this but might take 2-3 months. 

:)

• Like 1

Oascom

Heres another batch of pictures:

ZTvLqt.jpg ZTvhs5.jpg ZTvADF.jpg ZTvK9p.jpg ZTveX2.jpg ZTv5bE.jpg ZTvWUn.jpg ZTvaQ3.jpg ZTviRs.jpg ZTvohY.jpg ZTvqnD.jpg ZTvIsk.jpg ZTvYZo.jpg ZTvyqJ.jpg ZTv1XP.jpg ZTv9xW.jpg ZTv6US.jpg ZTv8QQ.jpg ZTvrfL.jpg ZTvBhR.jpg ZTvQn8.jpg ZTvluK.jpg ZTvCZv.jpg ZTvPI1.jpg ZTvTdj.jpg ZTvXx4.jpg ZTvkWI.jpg ZTvwQc.jpg ZTv4fX.jpg ZTvs2i.jpg ZTvunb.jpg ZTvvup.jpg ZTvEj5.jpg ZTvNIF.jpg ZTvRdt.jpg ZTvGWE.jpg ZTvfJ2.jpg ZTvSln.jpg ZTv0F3.jpg ZTvx2s.jpg ZTvJ6Y.jpg

• Like 2

Degsy1880

wow, seriously impressive 

Or4n6e

Wow. 

Oascom

Thanks guys :)

paccbet

Love seeing pics like these, thanks for sharing!

Psssniper

There's something  about seeing a well organized workspace with proper tools that is inspiring, comforting and simply awesome to behold.

I would feel confident, based solely on your pictures, sending you any watch I own for repair or service!

• Like 1

Theviking

Beautiful stuff, thank you for sharing!

Oascom

Thanks guys :) appreciate it 

markismyname

I started the repair journey then stopped when I started my new job but this post re-invigorated me to start back up this weekend. Thank you :)

What are your thoughts on becoming a member of AWCI?

Was it worth it?

What cleaning solution do you use?

What's been the hardest part of cleaning/reassembling?

Oascom
18 minutes ago, markismyname said:

I started the repair journey then stopped when I started my new job but this post re-invigorated me to start back up this weekend. Thank you :)

What are your thoughts on becoming a member of AWCI?

Was it worth it?

What cleaning solution do you use?

What's been the hardest part of cleaning/reassembling?

It's worth it, nice online classes, webinars etc 

Zenith and elma. 

Custom builds where things are not plug and play i quess... Other than that it's fun ! :)

Little work today:

ZTGZk8.jpg ZTGjVK.jpg ZTGDOR.jpg ZTG3av.jpg ZTGHp1.jpg ZTGKGj.jpg ZTGA8I.jpg ZTG2A4.jpg ZTGLvc.jpg ZTG5zX.jpg ZTGUYi.jpg ZTGWkb.jpg ZTGaVp.jpg ZTGmi5.jpg ZTGopF.jpg ZTGqGt.jpg ZTGOL2.jpg ZTGY8E.jpg ZTGy7n.jpg ZTG933.jpg ZTGnYs.jpg ZTG6wY.jpg ZTG8cD.jpg ZTGtik.jpg ZTGBCo.jpg ZTGQGJ.jpg ZTGpLP.jpg ZTGCrW.jpg ZTGP7S.jpg ZTGX3Q.jpg ZTGdyL.jpg ZTGkwR.jpg ZTGwc8.jpg ZTGMmK.jpg ZTGsCv.jpg ZTGuS1.jpg ZTG7ej.jpg ZTGEr4.jpg ZTGNEI.jpg

• Like 1

RussP

Very interesting thread.

Top notch pictures too.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Oascom

Custom 3D printed oiler stand :)

ZTb93I.jpg ZTbnYc.jpg ZTb6wX.jpg

• Like 1

Mbari

Mate all your stuff is sublime!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Oascom
57 minutes ago, Mbari said:

Mate all your stuff is sublime!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy

Oascom

ZXdGv1.jpg ZXdfAK.jpg ZXdF6v.jpg ZXdNF8.jpg ZXd0zj.jpg ZXdbO4.jpg ZXdxkI.jpg ZXdJJc.jpg ZXdcaX.jpg ZXdgpi.jpg ZXkDFb.jpg ZXkjAp.jpg ZXkz85.jpg ZXk3vF.jpg ZXkKzt.jpg ZXkhY2.jpg ZXk2kE.jpg ZXkAVn.jpg ZXkei3.jpg ZXk5ps.jpg ZXkUGY.jpg ZXkaLD.jpg ZXki8k.jpg ZXkm7o.jpg ZXkqzJ.jpg ZXkIYP.jpg ZXkOwW.jpg ZXkYVS.jpg ZXk1iQ.jpg ZXk9CL.jpg ZXknGR.jpg ZXkrrK.jpg ZXk8L8.jpg ZXkt7v.jpg ZXkQ31.jpg ZXklyj.jpg ZXkpw4.jpg ZXkCcI.jpg ZXkTic.jpg ZXkXCX.jpg

Anyone need some help shoot me a msg :)

www.watchmakerusa.com 

Edited by Oascom

Oascom

jdBjY5.jpg jdBZzp.jpg jdtgvb.jpg jdtc8i.jpg jdBzkF.jpg jdB3Vt.jpg jdBhpE.jpg jdBKi2.jpg jdB2Gn.jpg jdBLL3.jpg jdBe8s.jpg jdB57Y.jpg jdBW3D.jpg jdBaYk.jpg jdBiwo.jpg jdBmVJ.jpg jdBqiP.jpg jdBICW.jpg jdBOGS.jpg jdByLQ.jpg jdB1rL.jpg jdB97R.jpg jdB8yK.jpg jdB638.jpg jdBrwv.jpg jdBtc1.jpg jdBQmj.jpg jdBlC4.jpg jdBpSI.jpg jdBPLc.jpg jdBTrX.jpg jdBXEi.jpg jdBk3b.jpg jdBwyp.jpg jdB445.jpg jdBMcF.jpg

GenTLe

I envy SO MUCH some of your tools... Starting with the electronic view enhancer and (if you have it) the proper movement washing machine.... :drool: